Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Sue M.

Sue M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

For aged mum

The phone is fine, no connection to landline was required. Even better did not have to deal with Telstra, sits nicely in the room. Looking at if the flashing message light can be stopped without picking up message as screen states a message left.

Purchased in March 2020 at Olitech for $189.00.

NotHappyJanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

I bought the Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone for my elderly father to use. We have had ongoing problems with our telephone provider when he transferred to NBN which included loss of service to the landline for hours on end. My father also has hearing problems.
The Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone has been wonderful. He can now hear people when he uses the phone, it is easy to use and it is cheaper than the old landline phone service.
Thank you Olitech for this great product.

Purchased in March 2020 for $189.00.

LynneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great transition phone

Purchased for elderly parents who were resistant to changing to a traditional mobile style. My mum seems most happy with using it so far, loving the easy memory buttons, and the fact that it looks and works very similarly to a usual landline handset.
A pity, she says, that she has to dial, before picking up the receiver, but is getting used to it already. She's 94 years!
Peace of mind for all, as parents will be losing their landline (due to nbn) in a few weeks.

Home Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 compares to other Home Phones

Jason B.

Jason B.Southwest, VIC

this is good can be better

We bought this for my mother in law and have found that the phone needs to have a longer ring time before going to the answering service 3- 4 rings in not long enough and also need a way to show phone number not private

Ideal Phone for Older People

At the age of 91, I have found the Olitch 2017 phone simple to use and is a vast improvement on the VOIP phones provide on the NBN Network. Carry on the good work.

Purchased in March 2020.

Just brilliant!

A brilliant concept for the elderly. It's a shame that a lot more advertising of this product is not done. The setup is so simple then NBN or other Telco's fixed landlines phone......for calls out and in coming.

Purchased in February 2020 at Olitech australia for $390.00.

Robyn S

Robyn SHunter Region, NSW

Perfect phone for my Dad

Ordered this phone as my Dad was struggling with a mobile.
This phone is easy to use and everything stated on the website is 100% true.
Exceptional customer service , plus the phone arrived in 2 days and we are not a metro area.

Purchased in January 2020 for $189.00.

john

johnCentral Queensland, QLD

excellent product for what it is needed for

the home phone although only in use for a couple of days has already proven that it will be capable of doing the job it was purchased for namely use for old aged parents that did not have a landline ,they are also hard of hearing, this is exactly the type of phone i have been looking for ,for quite some time, i think this type of phone is going to have great success once the public becomes more aware of it

Purchased in January 2020 at purchased online for $189.00.

Brought this for my 93 year old Mum. It is just perfect for her and easy for her to hear with. Your service was wonderful, quick delivery and when I needed help via email, response was immediate and very helpful. Thank you

Purchased in February 2020.

Home Phones

Wonderful for my 97yr old mother!

This is a great product, particularly for elderly people with poor vision. It combines the versatility of a mobile with the easiness of a home phone. I would highly recommend it.

Great solution for our Op Shop in Brighton

With our landline service becoming obsolete this phone, with a mobile sim card,let us have a full sized, easy to use phone in the Op Shop without being connected to the NBN. It is very easy to use by our volunteers, many of whom are seniors.

Purchased in January 2020.

Jenroy

JenroyHobart, TAS

Very Happy

I bought this phone for my elderly father who recently moved into a nursing home. Dad is over the moon with it as it looks like his old phone and he can use it easily. I purchased it and had it sent to my home first then I charged it and set it all up for him, adding all his contacts. I then sent it on to him and the nursing staff just plugged it in and turned it on for him & it was ready to go. I put our names on the M1, M2 & M3 button with a sticker so all he has to do is push the button with our names on it. It has made a huge difference to his independence and being able to contact us.

Junes

JunesSydney, NSW

Excellent for the elderly!

My elderly mother in a nursing home needs a phone the family can call her on. She will never ring anyone so it's a handset she can pick up when it rings, and replace easily when call is finished.

peter pullen

peter pullenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great phone easy for my 98 yr old father in law to use.

The one critic I have is the sim card is difficult to install with the flip up silver tab, I popped it out of position and had to relocate it in its lugs to install sim, a slide in interface as per a normal mobile would be easier and simpler, simple design change would solve the problem.

soups

soupsGippsland, VIC

This is the perfect solution

we bought this mobile phone for Ma (90yrs) - she had a mobile phone - but only turned it when she wanted to use it - it has no money on it - she had no phone in the home - this was the perfect solution - for all intent and purpose - it looks like a land line - Ma is none the wiser - it is kept plugged into the power - we can ring her anytime of the day - she has started to ring us, as it is so easy with the speed dial buttons - Ma thinks she has a land line and is enjoying it - good buy for those elderly people who don't or won't have a mobile phone - it looks like a land line - it feels like a land line - end of problem - highly recommend this product

Purchased in November 2019 for $189.00.

Getting used to it

Phone good although some aspects a little confusing to operate. Having to contact supplier for more usage information - good customer service. Easy to read and manipulate buttons for an older person.

Purchased in October 2019.

A great alternative for elderly when the NBN rolls into town. Works and fells just like a landline.

As the NBN was being rolled out into an Aged Care facility, many residence faced having their room landlines disconnected. The Oltech solution provided familiar phone functionality for elderly mother. Easy to use with three large memory buttons to press to call her three children. Once we made adjustments to the ringing length and disabled voice mail. She was very pleased with the new device.

Purchased in October 2019 for $209.00.

Alan

AlanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely brilliant

Bought this for my dad, he's 92. Brilliant phone, very simple to use. He is half deaf but can hear this phone easily. He has carpet tunnel syndrome,so hi fingers are permanently numb, but has no problem with the large buttons. Thankyou once again .Great product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Olitec for $280.00.

Good product & service

I bought this with Olitech SIM installed - it worked immediately & I was surprised it had coverage in my (semirural) area. My elderly father with dementia can use the basic functions on the phone. I made sticky labels with names on them to cover the yellow speed dial buttons so he can call family/friends without having to remember phone numbers. I suggest Olitech provide labels like that in future to enhance useability! Setting it up in my fathers nursing home was as easy as plugging it in. In contrast we had so much trouble getting a landline set up for my mother in law in her nursing home. Wish we'd known about Olitech sooner!

Purchased in October 2019.

Great Hopes but .....

I have not been able to get the [phone to work with any degree of certainty. The slot for the SIM has not been robust and is broken. I will need to return for repair and also assistance in bedding the SIM correctly.

Purchased in September 2019 for $189.00.

Peter

Peterasked

If this phone is purchased with a SIM card, will it come with SIM Card installed and will I be billed automatically for $14 a month? I only need it for receiving text messages as I already have a Telstra landline for calls. I presume that the phone number is supplied with it.

Lynne

Yes, Peter. That is correct.
My elderly parents purchased this phone, because it LOOKED LIKE a normal landline, (even though it worked on mobile technology). The sim card was already installed when they received the handset, and we arranged automatic DIRECT DEBIT @ $14 per month. So there was nothing for them to do, except USE it!
All very convenient and simple.

Hi Peter,
Lynne's response is correct. You might find, as we did, that it is cheaper to get rid of the landline altogether. My dad was paying $22pm for the landline, plus another $10pm for unlimited standard calls and mobile calls. He was then charged for any 13 or 1300 calls so on average was paying around $34-$40 per month. The SIM card with this phone is $14pm and includes unlimited standard, mobile and 13/1300 numbers and is on the Telstra network. It is not reliant on NBN and if the power goes out you still have around 8 hours battery life on the phone.

jenny s.

jenny s.asked

How do you get the battery to sit flat? The wires are obstructing

jenny s.

jenny s.asked

How do you get the battery in. The wires are obstructing.

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives