Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

June K.

June K.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

easy for my husband to use

The only phone my husband who has dementia can use speed dial he is in a nursing home so no landline needed is fantastic $14 per month enabled me to be able to afford it company very helpful and caring I am recommending this phone to other residents

Purchased in May 2020.

Wendy

WendyAustralian Capital Territory

Made life easier for my aged mother

Finding a phone suitable for my 91 year old mother in an aged care facility had been a nightmare until now. Even the simplest mobile phone was distressing for her to use. Then my husband found this Olitech phone online. Just the fact that it looks like a familiar home phone put mum straight at ease. It is so easy for her to use it has even lowered her stress levels over keeping in touch with family and friends. And the $14 per month plan is ideal for her needs.

Purchased in May 2020 at Olitech for A$189.00.

Good choice for aged care resident

Olitech was exceptionally receptive in providing advice before and after purchase for phone setup and features. A pre-installed Sim Card with blocked premium and overseas calls came quickly by mail. Activation was an easy process and there were no service connection issues as the phone was ready to use immediately. Build quality of this phone appears quite good and it is easy for my 94 yr old mum to use.
Phone costs are now much lower than for an NBN landline service.

Purchased in May 2020 at Olitech for A$189.00.

Home Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 compares to other Home Phones

Happy son

Happy sonVictoria

The perfect phone for people who forget.

I couldn’t find a phone for my mum who has dementia. She is in a nursing home. This is it ,the Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone simple to use with speed dial no land line needed operates on a SIM card they even offer $14 a month as many calls as you like. Very friendly Melbourne based company easy to talk to and they care. Olithech you need to let all seniors and all the nursing homes know how easy and good your phone is , my mum’s nursing home couldn’t believe how good these phones are please push your products.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$189.00.

Great for the elderly

Very handy for my elderly parents who don’t know how to use a mobile phone. Didn’t have to wait for phone technician and pay high monthly bills. Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$180.00.

Judy J.

Judy J.Murray Region, NSW

Great phone for elderly

My dad is 91yrs, in age care,he love the loud speaker ,as he only has one ear and has a hearing aid in that ear. Suit him perfectly.
Very easy for him to use

Purchased in May 2020 at Olitech for A$186.00.

Easy to use home phone.

Purchased the phone for friends in their late Eighties who have very little technical ability and do not want to learn new things.
They have been able to use the Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 as it is very similar to the old Telstra land line telephone that they had used for many years. They will not be capable of using all the extra feature available on the phone other than the contacts in the phone book and smart keys.

son in law

son in lawSouthwest, VIC

Elderly parent has difficulty with too many buttons

Perhaps there is a place for a simpler device with 10 memory buttons on which the recipients names can be displayed. EasyTel Homephone comes as advertised. is easy for us. hope our elderly parent learns to use it.

Purchased in April 2020 at olitech on line.

Ian

IanPerth, WA

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone perfect for 92 year old in aged care

I purchased the phone for my father-in-law, who is now in aged care. I set up the phone at home with his three daughters on the three dedicated speed dials. Within five minutes of being installed, he was already receiving and making calls, as it has a very familiar interface. Being a mobile phone, nothing was required by the aged care staff other than to plug it into a power socket. With the bonus of volume boost if needed, it is perfect for him.

Jean B.

Jean B.North Western Region, NSW

Great subsitute for my old Land Line

Great home phone to replace costly land lines, very easy to operate very easy to see and has a nice loud ring tone very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend

Isabel

IsabelQueensland

Just what I was looking for

Looks and works just like the old landline that my mother 93 was used to with the advantage of not depending on the NBN. Also on a cheaper plan than the landline.

Carolyn

CarolynDarling Downs, QLD

Perfect for people with hearing loss

I purchased this phone for my dad to use in his nursing home. He had a habit of misplacing his mobile and it was becoming harder for him to hear on it also. This phone is the perfect solution, as it works from a sim there’s no telephone point needed. The backup battery is a great touch also. After sales service has also been superb

Purchased in March 2020 at Olitech for A$189.00.

Excellent phone for my 97 year old Mother

Highly recommend this phone. My elderly mother can easily contact family using the programmed buttons. Even with hearing aids, she can hear her callers. After so many problems with her landline, this phone is excellent. Customer service is outstanding.

Easy to use for my mum!

My mum has just moved into a nursing home and needed a new phone. She has limited mobility due to severe arthritis. We found this phone online and couldn’t believe our luck. It’s fantastic! With restrictions in place, at present, and not being able to go and visit mum this has been a lifesaver. Mum can just press one button (on speaker) to answer the phone and doesn’t need to pick up the handset, but easy enough to use if needed. My two sisters and myself are on the yellow speed dial numbers. Too easy!

Purchased in March 2020 at Australian Golf Online Online store for A$209.00.

great phone

The phone is everything I wanted and more its great value to.The only problem I have is my Mother who keeps un plugging the phone from the power . Any idears

Purchased in April 2020 at 99 Bikes VIC, Ascot Vale for A$189.00.

Perfect for my parents.

It is very easy to use, especially for elderly people. Easily programmed. Great if you wear hearing aids. And can be easily relocated, no phone connection needed, just a powerpoint.

Purchased in March 2020 at Olitech for A$170.00.

This handset has changed our lives

My Mum has dementia and resides at an Aged Care Facility. Since the recent restrictions were introduced, we are no longer able to visit Mum and we relied on the carers at the Facility to call us and then put Mum on the phone. This new handset has allowed Mum to again be able to initiate calls to us (I have set up my number and my brother's number on the speed dial buttons). Thank you so very much for providing this product. I think you need to market it a little more, even the sales rep at the store where I purchased the SIM card was very impressed, and noted down the details to purchase one for his Grandfather to use.

Purchased in March 2020 at Olitech for A$200.00.

Tony

TonySydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product but some restart issues!

I bought the product for my mom who is in an aged care facility. The product has been a godsend due to the coronavirus lockdown. The only issue I have with the product is that if the product is disconnected and the battery runs out, once it is plugged in again it does not automatically restart. A restart button needs to be pressed. This has caused issues because aged care staff are constantly moving the phone and once they realise that the battery has run out they just power it up and think that it is working. We have to call up the nursing home to restart the phone and that might take two days. This function should be changed to allow for mobility.

Purchased in March 2020.

Robert

RobertSydney, NSW

home use

Excellent product suits our lifestyle as a home phone without having To rely on NBN
Volume of the ring is excellent especially with members of the house being hard of hearing

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product

My mum is in her 80's and doesn't like using mobile phones. She has recently moved into a serviced apartment in a retirement village and this phone was perfect for her. It's easy for her to use and simple to set up, the only issue I have is that the answering machine doesn't give much time for her to answer the phone and picks up after just 4 rings which I think is a negative for an elderly persons phone but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to turn this off or delay the answering machine pick up. Otherwise she is a happy customer.

Purchased in March 2020.

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
J9

Thanks for that she's using the SIM card you sent with the phone so do we need to contact you to get this changed?

Lesley Y.

Lesley Y.asked

If you purchased 2 of these phones for different rooms could you hot spot one off the phone plan that you have purchased for 1 phone or would you have to purchase 2 phone plans?

Peter

I have used bluetooth to talk from one of the Homephones to a Vtech brand base station that has three phones. The system works well to ring and receive calls from three rooms in the house. I doubt that you can use the same sim to communicate on the two phones but the bluetooth may work with 2 home phone with one working as a slave like my Vtech set up.

Peterasked

If this phone is purchased with a SIM card, will it come with SIM Card installed and will I be billed automatically for $14 a month? I only need it for receiving text messages as I already have a Telstra landline for calls. I presume that the phone number is supplied with it.

Lynne
Lynne

Yes, Peter. That is correct.
My elderly parents purchased this phone, because it LOOKED LIKE a normal landline, (even though it worked on mobile technology). The sim card was already installed when they received the handset, and we arranged automatic DIRECT DEBIT @ $14 per month. So there was nothing for them to do, except USE it!
All very convenient and simple.

NotHappyJan
NotHappyJan

Hi Peter,
Lynne's response is correct. You might find, as we did, that it is cheaper to get rid of the landline altogether. My dad was paying $22pm for the landline, plus another $10pm for unlimited standard calls and mobile calls. He was then charged for any 13 or 1300 calls so on average was paying around $34-$40 per month. The SIM card with this phone is $14pm and includes unlimited standard, mobile and 13/1300 numbers and is on the Telstra network. It is not reliant on NBN and if the power goes out you still have around 8 hours battery life on the phone.

jenny s.

jenny s.asked

How do you get the battery to sit flat? The wires are obstructing

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives