Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

7 questions from our users

danguilfoyle

danguilfoyleasked

incoming call lamp
top right hand corner does not ight up when call incoming

Izzy

Izzyasked

Mi Papa hard of heering. Papa has big shaky hard hands. He need to swipe or pres hard on buttons to work? How well wil work with and without hearing aids?
Mi apolojies for español is first language.

smokey1
smokey1

he would have to be very deaf not to hear someone talking over the phone, perhaps the ringer would have to be at maximum setting but the phone is visual (lights up) when ringing. The phone appears sturdy enough for harder than normal use. It would be best to contact Olitech to find out how the contacts on the buttons work, if they operate on the same principal as buttons on a computer keyboard then there shouldn't be a problem.

Lesley Y.

Lesley Y.asked

If you purchased 2 of these phones for different rooms could you hot spot one off the phone plan that you have purchased for 1 phone or would you have to purchase 2 phone plans?

Peter

I have used bluetooth to talk from one of the Homephones to a Vtech brand base station that has three phones. The system works well to ring and receive calls from three rooms in the house. I doubt that you can use the same sim to communicate on the two phones but the bluetooth may work with 2 home phone with one working as a slave like my Vtech set up.

Peterasked

If this phone is purchased with a SIM card, will it come with SIM Card installed and will I be billed automatically for $14 a month? I only need it for receiving text messages as I already have a Telstra landline for calls. I presume that the phone number is supplied with it.

Lynne
Lynne

Yes, Peter. That is correct.
My elderly parents purchased this phone, because it LOOKED LIKE a normal landline, (even though it worked on mobile technology). The sim card was already installed when they received the handset, and we arranged automatic DIRECT DEBIT @ $14 per month. So there was nothing for them to do, except USE it!
All very convenient and simple.

NotHappyJan
NotHappyJan

Hi Peter,
Lynne's response is correct. You might find, as we did, that it is cheaper to get rid of the landline altogether. My dad was paying $22pm for the landline, plus another $10pm for unlimited standard calls and mobile calls. He was then charged for any 13 or 1300 calls so on average was paying around $34-$40 per month. The SIM card with this phone is $14pm and includes unlimited standard, mobile and 13/1300 numbers and is on the Telstra network. It is not reliant on NBN and if the power goes out you still have around 8 hours battery life on the phone.

jenny s.

jenny s.asked

How do you get the battery to sit flat? The wires are obstructing

jenny s.

jenny s.asked

How do you get the battery in. The wires are obstructing.

neil c

or P O Box 2474, Rowville, Victoria, 3178 Australia

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech

Hi Neil and Boyd
Thank you for your question and response.
The above details are correct however if you would like to visit us at our Burwood office, please call to make an appointment as it's appointment only. Alternatively you can purchase it online at www.olitech.com.au.

Best regards,
Olitech

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives