Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 (page 3 of 5)

Easy to use home phone.

Purchased the phone for friends in their late Eighties who have very little technical ability and do not want to learn new things.
They have been able to use the Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 as it is very similar to the old Telstra land line telephone that they had used for many years. They will not be capable of using all the extra feature available on the phone other than the contacts in the phone book and smart keys.

son in law

son in lawSouthwest, VIC

Elderly parent has difficulty with too many buttons

Perhaps there is a place for a simpler device with 10 memory buttons on which the recipients names can be displayed. EasyTel Homephone comes as advertised. is easy for us. hope our elderly parent learns to use it.

Ian

IanPerth, WA

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone perfect for 92 year old in aged care

I purchased the phone for my father-in-law, who is now in aged care. I set up the phone at home with his three daughters on the three dedicated speed dials. Within five minutes of being installed, he was already receiving and making calls, as it has a very familiar interface. Being a mobile phone, nothing was required by the aged care staff other than to plug it into a power socket. With the bonus of volume boost if needed, it is perfect for him.

Home Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 compares to other Home Phones

Jean B.

Jean B.North Western Region, NSW

Great subsitute for my old Land Line

Great home phone to replace costly land lines, very easy to operate very easy to see and has a nice loud ring tone very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend

Isabel

IsabelQueensland

Just what I was looking for

Looks and works just like the old landline that my mother 93 was used to with the advantage of not depending on the NBN. Also on a cheaper plan than the landline.

Carolyn

CarolynDarling Downs, QLD

Perfect for people with hearing loss

I purchased this phone for my dad to use in his nursing home. He had a habit of misplacing his mobile and it was becoming harder for him to hear on it also. This phone is the perfect solution, as it works from a sim there’s no telephone point needed. The backup battery is a great touch also. After sales service has also been superb

Excellent phone for my 97 year old Mother

Highly recommend this phone. My elderly mother can easily contact family using the programmed buttons. Even with hearing aids, she can hear her callers. After so many problems with her landline, this phone is excellent. Customer service is outstanding.

Easy to use for my mum!

My mum has just moved into a nursing home and needed a new phone. She has limited mobility due to severe arthritis. We found this phone online and couldn’t believe our luck. It’s fantastic! With restrictions in place, at present, and not being able to go and visit mum this has been a lifesaver. Mum can just press one button (on speaker) to answer the phone and doesn’t need to pick up the handset, but easy enough to use if needed. My two sisters and myself are on the yellow speed dial numbers. Too easy!

great phone

The phone is everything I wanted and more its great value to.The only problem I have is my Mother who keeps un plugging the phone from the power . Any idears

Perfect for my parents.

It is very easy to use, especially for elderly people. Easily programmed. Great if you wear hearing aids. And can be easily relocated, no phone connection needed, just a powerpoint.

This handset has changed our lives

My Mum has dementia and resides at an Aged Care Facility. Since the recent restrictions were introduced, we are no longer able to visit Mum and we relied on the carers at the Facility to call us and then put Mum on the phone. This new handset has allowed Mum to again be able to initiate calls to us (I have set up my number and my brother's number on the speed dial buttons). Thank you so very much for providing this product. I think you need to market it a little more, even the sales rep at the store where I purchased the SIM card was very impressed, and noted down the details to purchase one for his Grandfather to use.

Tony

TonySydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product but some restart issues!

I bought the product for my mom who is in an aged care facility. The product has been a godsend due to the coronavirus lockdown. The only issue I have with the product is that if the product is disconnected and the battery runs out, once it is plugged in again it does not automatically restart. A restart button needs to be pressed. This has caused issues because aged care staff are constantly moving the phone and once they realise that the battery has run out they just power it up and think that it is working. We have to call up the nursing home to restart the phone and that might take two days. This function should be changed to allow for mobility.

Robert

RobertSydney, NSW

home use

Excellent product suits our lifestyle as a home phone without having To rely on NBN
Volume of the ring is excellent especially with members of the house being hard of hearing

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product

My mum is in her 80's and doesn't like using mobile phones. She has recently moved into a serviced apartment in a retirement village and this phone was perfect for her. It's easy for her to use and simple to set up, the only issue I have is that the answering machine doesn't give much time for her to answer the phone and picks up after just 4 rings which I think is a negative for an elderly persons phone but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to turn this off or delay the answering machine pick up. Otherwise she is a happy customer.

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
J9

Thanks for that she's using the SIM card you sent with the phone so do we need to contact you to get this changed?

Excellent product

Sue M.

Sue M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

For aged mum

The phone is fine, no connection to landline was required. Even better did not have to deal with Telstra, sits nicely in the room. Looking at if the flashing message light can be stopped without picking up message as screen states a message left.

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
NotHappyJan

NotHappyJanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

I bought the Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone for my elderly father to use. We have had ongoing problems with our telephone provider when he transferred to NBN which included loss of service to the landline for hours on end. My father also has hearing problems.
The Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone has been wonderful. He can now hear people when he uses the phone, it is easy to use and it is cheaper than the old landline phone service.
Thank you Olitech for this great product.

Lynne

LynneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great transition phone

Purchased for elderly parents who were resistant to changing to a traditional mobile style. My mum seems most happy with using it so far, loving the easy memory buttons, and the fact that it looks and works very similarly to a usual landline handset.
A pity, she says, that she has to dial, before picking up the receiver, but is getting used to it already. She's 94 years!
Peace of mind for all, as parents will be losing their landline (due to nbn) in a few weeks.

Jason B.

Jason B.Southwest, VIC

this is good can be better

We bought this for my mother in law and have found that the phone needs to have a longer ring time before going to the answering service 3- 4 rings in not long enough and also need a way to show phone number not private

Des

Des

Ideal Phone for Older People

At the age of 91, I have found the Olitch 2017 phone simple to use and is a vast improvement on the VOIP phones provide on the NBN Network. Carry on the good work.

See all Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 reviews

danguilfoyle

danguilfoyleasked

incoming call lamp
top right hand corner does not ight up when call incoming

Izzy

Izzyasked

Mi Papa hard of heering. Papa has big shaky hard hands. He need to swipe or pres hard on buttons to work? How well wil work with and without hearing aids?
Mi apolojies for español is first language.

smokey1
smokey1

he would have to be very deaf not to hear someone talking over the phone, perhaps the ringer would have to be at maximum setting but the phone is visual (lights up) when ringing. The phone appears sturdy enough for harder than normal use. It would be best to contact Olitech to find out how the contacts on the buttons work, if they operate on the same principal as buttons on a computer keyboard then there shouldn't be a problem.

Lesley Y.

Lesley Y.asked

If you purchased 2 of these phones for different rooms could you hot spot one off the phone plan that you have purchased for 1 phone or would you have to purchase 2 phone plans?

Peter

I have used bluetooth to talk from one of the Homephones to a Vtech brand base station that has three phones. The system works well to ring and receive calls from three rooms in the house. I doubt that you can use the same sim to communicate on the two phones but the bluetooth may work with 2 home phone with one working as a slave like my Vtech set up.

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives