Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 (page 4 of 5)

Just brilliant!

A brilliant concept for the elderly. It's a shame that a lot more advertising of this product is not done. The setup is so simple then NBN or other Telco's fixed landlines phone......for calls out and in coming.

Robyn S

Robyn SHunter Region, NSW

Perfect phone for my Dad

Ordered this phone as my Dad was struggling with a mobile.
This phone is easy to use and everything stated on the website is 100% true.
Exceptional customer service , plus the phone arrived in 2 days and we are not a metro area.

john

johnCentral Queensland, QLD

excellent product for what it is needed for

the home phone although only in use for a couple of days has already proven that it will be capable of doing the job it was purchased for namely use for old aged parents that did not have a landline ,they are also hard of hearing, this is exactly the type of phone i have been looking for ,for quite some time, i think this type of phone is going to have great success once the public becomes more aware of it

Home Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 compares to other Home Phones

Brought this for my 93 year old Mum. It is just perfect for her and easy for her to hear with. Your service was wonderful, quick delivery and when I needed help via email, response was immediate and very helpful. Thank you

Wonderful for my 97yr old mother!

This is a great product, particularly for elderly people with poor vision. It combines the versatility of a mobile with the easiness of a home phone. I would highly recommend it.

Great solution for our Op Shop in Brighton

With our landline service becoming obsolete this phone, with a mobile sim card,let us have a full sized, easy to use phone in the Op Shop without being connected to the NBN. It is very easy to use by our volunteers, many of whom are seniors.

Jenroy

JenroyHobart, TAS

Very Happy

I bought this phone for my elderly father who recently moved into a nursing home. Dad is over the moon with it as it looks like his old phone and he can use it easily. I purchased it and had it sent to my home first then I charged it and set it all up for him, adding all his contacts. I then sent it on to him and the nursing staff just plugged it in and turned it on for him & it was ready to go. I put our names on the M1, M2 & M3 button with a sticker so all he has to do is push the button with our names on it. It has made a huge difference to his independence and being able to contact us.

Junes

JunesSydney, NSW

Excellent for the elderly!

My elderly mother in a nursing home needs a phone the family can call her on. She will never ring anyone so it's a handset she can pick up when it rings, and replace easily when call is finished.

peter pullen

peter pullenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great phone easy for my 98 yr old father in law to use.

The one critic I have is the sim card is difficult to install with the flip up silver tab, I popped it out of position and had to relocate it in its lugs to install sim, a slide in interface as per a normal mobile would be easier and simpler, simple design change would solve the problem.

soups

soupsGippsland, VIC

This is the perfect solution

we bought this mobile phone for Ma (90yrs) - she had a mobile phone - but only turned it when she wanted to use it - it has no money on it - she had no phone in the home - this was the perfect solution - for all intent and purpose - it looks like a land line - Ma is none the wiser - it is kept plugged into the power - we can ring her anytime of the day - she has started to ring us, as it is so easy with the speed dial buttons - Ma thinks she has a land line and is enjoying it - good buy for those elderly people who don't or won't have a mobile phone - it looks like a land line - it feels like a land line - end of problem - highly recommend this product

Getting used to it

Phone good although some aspects a little confusing to operate. Having to contact supplier for more usage information - good customer service. Easy to read and manipulate buttons for an older person.

A great alternative for elderly when the NBN rolls into town. Works and fells just like a landline.

As the NBN was being rolled out into an Aged Care facility, many residence faced having their room landlines disconnected. The Oltech solution provided familiar phone functionality for elderly mother. Easy to use with three large memory buttons to press to call her three children. Once we made adjustments to the ringing length and disabled voice mail. She was very pleased with the new device.

Alan

AlanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely brilliant

Bought this for my dad, he's 92. Brilliant phone, very simple to use. He is half deaf but can hear this phone easily. He has carpet tunnel syndrome,so hi fingers are permanently numb, but has no problem with the large buttons. Thankyou once again .Great product.

Good product & service

I bought this with Olitech SIM installed - it worked immediately & I was surprised it had coverage in my (semirural) area. My elderly father with dementia can use the basic functions on the phone. I made sticky labels with names on them to cover the yellow speed dial buttons so he can call family/friends without having to remember phone numbers. I suggest Olitech provide labels like that in future to enhance useability! Setting it up in my fathers nursing home was as easy as plugging it in. In contrast we had so much trouble getting a landline set up for my mother in law in her nursing home. Wish we'd known about Olitech sooner!

Great Hopes but .....

I have not been able to get the [phone to work with any degree of certainty. The slot for the SIM has not been robust and is broken. I will need to return for repair and also assistance in bedding the SIM correctly.

Jenny

JennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Both pleased and disappointed

Service was great. Manual difficult to understand and extremely small - considering the phone is designed for the elderly/visually impaired the manual is practically unusable.
I also asked a question about the phone emergency function and two weeks later I’m still waiting for a reply. Disappointed....

Allan

AllanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Satisfied customer.

This was bought for my 84 year old mum who lives in a nursing home who has never used a mobile phone, the EasyTel Mobile Homephone is so simple and easy for her to use, it's an absolute godsend. The quality of the product is faultless. I must say that I'm also very happy with the swiftness of delivery and the service generally, please keep up the good work and good luck with your business.

Russell

RussellPeel, WA

Easy to use alternative

I purchased this for my elderly mother who's arthritic hands made it extremely difficult to operate her existing mobile and as landline is not available at her new residence this was the perfect alternative.
Easy to operate with large clear buttons and hand piece operation.
I have found that the hand piece can easily be dislodged from its cradle and possibly could do with firmer locating positioning, however this is easy to live with in view of its many other benefits,
Mum is extremely happy with it.

Fabulous alternative to landline for elderly/infirm.

When it became obvious that connection to the available landline (for my 92 year old mother when she moved into a nursing home) was never going to happen, it was suggested by friends and Vision Australia that a mobile desktop phone might be the ideal alternative for an elderly and visually incapacitated person. The Olitech company provided friendly and efficient service and a phone that my mother could readily and economically use to make the essential contact she needed with her wider family and friends. The phone's appearance appeals as it is familiar to an elderly lady who sometimes finds it so difficult to learn new tricks. Highly recommended.

Glen W

Glen WAU

Marvellous product, excellent service !

We purchased this for my elderly Mother-in-law when she went into care. She had problems with mobile phones and kept forgetting which buttons to push.
This is so easy to use and she loves it!

See all Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 reviews

danguilfoyle

danguilfoyleasked

incoming call lamp
top right hand corner does not ight up when call incoming

Izzy

Izzyasked

Mi Papa hard of heering. Papa has big shaky hard hands. He need to swipe or pres hard on buttons to work? How well wil work with and without hearing aids?
Mi apolojies for español is first language.

smokey1
smokey1

he would have to be very deaf not to hear someone talking over the phone, perhaps the ringer would have to be at maximum setting but the phone is visual (lights up) when ringing. The phone appears sturdy enough for harder than normal use. It would be best to contact Olitech to find out how the contacts on the buttons work, if they operate on the same principal as buttons on a computer keyboard then there shouldn't be a problem.

Lesley Y.

Lesley Y.asked

If you purchased 2 of these phones for different rooms could you hot spot one off the phone plan that you have purchased for 1 phone or would you have to purchase 2 phone plans?

Peter
Peter

I have used bluetooth to talk from one of the Homephones to a Vtech brand base station that has three phones. The system works well to ring and receive calls from three rooms in the house. I doubt that you can use the same sim to communicate on the two phones but the bluetooth may work with 2 home phone with one working as a slave like my Vtech set up.

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives