Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017

Mark N.

Mark N.Darling Downs, QLD

Best Solution for my Mum

Great solution for my elderly Mum who just moved to a new unit. She won't use a mobile phone and this is a much more economical alternative to the cost of a landline service with added benefit of the phones easy to use features.

Purchased in December 2020.

NitaGippsland, VIC

Makes a great second phone

This phone was ordered to be used as a second phone and it will do the job nicely. There was no problem with setting it up,apart from the sim card which I am still having trouble with. Hopefully willl be able to get it sorted out.

Purchased in November 2020 at Olitech for A$189.00.

Janine

JanineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bought this for my 93yr old Father

Great for the elderly, although the call waiting set up is a bit complicated for the very elderly. The large keypad and volume excellent for the elderly. I would definitely recommend

Purchased in October 2020 for A$189.00.

Home Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 compares to other Home Phones

Andrew

Andrew

A very good solution for helping keep elderly in touch with the world during China Virus lockdown

Purchased in August 2020 for A$209.00.

Now I can speak to my Mum

My mother is in an aged care facility and is legally blind and has very bad hearing. She was adamant that she didn't want a phone, but with the Corona Virus and isolation we had no contact. I finally talked her into your mobile phone and now we can communicate with her regularly. I thought it would be just us ringing her but she quickly learned which button to push to ring us. We are very happy with the product.

Purchased in August 2020 at Olitech for A$189.00.

Mostly happy

Mostly happyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good for aged care facility

I think it will be good for Mum to use in her aged care facility. I like the big buttons. I found it fiddly to insert the SIM card, but, once it was in the phonebook was easy to programme.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$189.00.

Carol

CarolNortheast, VIC

Very good alternative to mobile phone

purchased this as alternative for aging mother who could no longer figure out a mobile phone menu. Arrived very quickly from Olitech. the handset is a bit heavy for mum, but I guess it has a lot of electronics in it. she will use the speakerphone more, which is a great alternative. I have combined this with a medialert mobile device and now she is covered whether she is in the house, or moving about. Great innovation from this Australian (big tick) company.

Purchased in August 2020 at olitech for A$189.00.

Helen

HelenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ideal phone for home or Aged Care

At a difficult time to get a room phone installed for a new Aged Care resident, this phone was the ideal solution. Just plug it in to a powerpoint and use. Obliging staff had given me a number, inserted the Sim card and assembled the phone for me.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$189.00.

Gerard

GerardTasmania

It's working well so far.

Delivery was perfect. It arrived the next day.
I am still working on setting all the extras.
Being 68 and having many health issues this phone
is perfect for my needs. Many thanks.

Purchased in July 2020 at Olitech for A$212.00.

smokey1Western Australia

good stuff

Would love to see added to the phone - the ability to create a wifi hotspot - a better alarm pendant as this one simply does not have the range to perform properly in an average home nor does it provide the facility to converse with whoever answers the emergency call. it appears that battery life was the main concern of developers when the main concern of most people is their safety. Recharging a pendant is not an issue.
mostly the phone covers what most older people require in a phone with added benefits.

June 28th 2020 Update: like it

only bitch is that the olitech sim card does not give the coverage of telstra. Passing through Mullewa and Yalgoo in WA and had full bars of reception but was limited to emergency calls only. NOT GOOD

Purchased in June 2020 at internet purchase for A$212.00.

Thanks for this innovation

My 94 yr old dad is finding this so much better than his previous ordinary mobile phone. He has thanked me constantly for it.
I can’t see why I must use 30 words !

Purchased in May 2020 for A$189.00.

Peter

Peter

Easy to use home phone.

Purchased the phone for friends in their late Eighties who have very little technical ability and do not want to learn new things.
They have been able to use the Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 as it is very similar to the old Telstra land line telephone that they had used for many years. They will not be capable of using all the extra feature available on the phone other than the contacts in the phone book and smart keys.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$189.00.

son in law

son in lawSouthwest, VIC

Elderly parent has difficulty with too many buttons

Perhaps there is a place for a simpler device with 10 memory buttons on which the recipients names can be displayed. EasyTel Homephone comes as advertised. is easy for us. hope our elderly parent learns to use it.

Purchased in April 2020 at olitech on line.

Isabel

IsabelQueensland

Just what I was looking for

Looks and works just like the old landline that my mother 93 was used to with the advantage of not depending on the NBN. Also on a cheaper plan than the landline.

Tony

TonySydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product but some restart issues!

I bought the product for my mom who is in an aged care facility. The product has been a godsend due to the coronavirus lockdown. The only issue I have with the product is that if the product is disconnected and the battery runs out, once it is plugged in again it does not automatically restart. A restart button needs to be pressed. This has caused issues because aged care staff are constantly moving the phone and once they realise that the battery has run out they just power it up and think that it is working. We have to call up the nursing home to restart the phone and that might take two days. This function should be changed to allow for mobility.

Purchased in March 2020.

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product

My mum is in her 80's and doesn't like using mobile phones. She has recently moved into a serviced apartment in a retirement village and this phone was perfect for her. It's easy for her to use and simple to set up, the only issue I have is that the answering machine doesn't give much time for her to answer the phone and picks up after just 4 rings which I think is a negative for an elderly persons phone but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to turn this off or delay the answering machine pick up. Otherwise she is a happy customer.

Purchased in March 2020.

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
J9

Thanks for that she's using the SIM card you sent with the phone so do we need to contact you to get this changed?

Lynne

LynneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great transition phone

Purchased for elderly parents who were resistant to changing to a traditional mobile style. My mum seems most happy with using it so far, loving the easy memory buttons, and the fact that it looks and works very similarly to a usual landline handset.
A pity, she says, that she has to dial, before picking up the receiver, but is getting used to it already. She's 94 years!
Peace of mind for all, as parents will be losing their landline (due to nbn) in a few weeks.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$189.00.

peter pullen

peter pullenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great phone easy for my 98 yr old father in law to use.

The one critic I have is the sim card is difficult to install with the flip up silver tab, I popped it out of position and had to relocate it in its lugs to install sim, a slide in interface as per a normal mobile would be easier and simpler, simple design change would solve the problem.

Purchased in December 2019.

Getting used to it

Phone good although some aspects a little confusing to operate. Having to contact supplier for more usage information - good customer service. Easy to read and manipulate buttons for an older person.

Purchased in October 2019.

A great alternative for elderly when the NBN rolls into town. Works and fells just like a landline.

As the NBN was being rolled out into an Aged Care facility, many residence faced having their room landlines disconnected. The Oltech solution provided familiar phone functionality for elderly mother. Easy to use with three large memory buttons to press to call her three children. Once we made adjustments to the ringing length and disabled voice mail. She was very pleased with the new device.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$209.00.

See all Olitech EasyTel Mobile Homephone OLT2017 reviews