Olympus TG-4

Olympus TG-4

MPNs: 36000846 and V104160RA000
See the Best Compact Cameras in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Olympus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.4

Don't waste your money - not fit for underwater use

zombers
zombersChicago

Don't buy this camera or its underwater housing

I bought the camera 1 year and 2 months ago and the underwater housing a month later. The underwater housing began fogging on my most recent vacation, so I used the camera out of the housing, but the camera leaked. Now neither the camera nor the underwater housing work. I am stuck with $600 of useless junk that will cost almost $300 to fix because I missed the warranty period by 2 or 3 months. Also, my snorkeling vacation was ruined because I couldn't take underwater pics. DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Other Compact Cameras

AusEv
AusEvSydney, NSW

Doesn't go close to advertised use. Olympus service appalling.

We own both a TG2 and TG4. The cameras do not go close to any of the marketed material with respect to its capability for quality pics underwater and in no way stands up to ANY element of 'go anywhere / tough'. It's unconscionable how far from advertised use the product is. When we had a small issue with the first shock that the camera came to, Olympus customer service spent a great amount of time pointing to a warranty which was substantially different to their marketing campaign and tried to up sell us to more products with no satisfactory fix offered! It was appalling, do not waste your time. we have gone back to the equivalent Lumix.

wendy
wendyasked

My camera wont turn on. the on light is flashing but it wont turn on. battery is fully charged. Any ideas?
Wendy

Sorry, I have no idea.

Sue Gasked

Condensation is terrible despite opening and drying out the camera each time I use it. My photos are always blurred by the condensation in the lens. I’ve given up using it in water. Any suggestions?

Dirk

Lens fogging will occur when the camera is subjected to a change in temperature, and insufficient time is allowed for the temperature to normalise. For instance, leaving the camera in the sun, then jumping into the water = fogging. Leaving the camera in cold air-conditioning, then taking it into the sun = fogging. So try to avoid rapid changes in temperature. In the sun, keep the camera covered by a towel for instance. Leaving a cold room, give it time to adjust to the hotter temperature. The only time I get fogging is leaving a very cold air-conditioned area and going into a warm environment. 20 minutes in a shaded area in the new, warmer environment, addresses the fogging. Good luck. Dirk.

Sue G

Thanks those are very helpful suggestions

CategoryCompact Cameras