Olympus TG-4

Olympus TG-4

MPNs: 36000846 and V104160RA000
See the Best Compact Cameras in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Olympus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.4
Dana F
Dana FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tough little thing!

I've been known to drop and destroy cameras and so I picked up one of these puppies and I'm really happy with it. I have been using it for nearly two years now and on our last holiday I dropped it down a rocky cliff face - sure that it wouldn't survive the fall. It did. Still works like brand new. The only criticism would be that the little black dial thingy (I believe that is the tech term) falls off from time to time.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
DirkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Olympus TG-4 is a great under-water camera

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Other Compact Cameras

Johnathan Garrett
Johnathan GarrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Handy easy to live with camera

This the third in the Olympus TG Tough waterproof cameras that I have owned and I cannot speak highly enough about my experience using it.

It does everything that it is supposed to, and gives excellent results considering the limitations of this type of camera. The GPS tracking and WiFi work beautifully.

Very happy Partner and I both own one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Paul C.
Paul C.AU

Lives up to expectations

Compact Cameras

Find out how Olympus TG-4 compares to other Compact Cameras

SaraN
SaraNBrisbane

Best underwater camera around!

Holly.H
Holly.HBallarat

Tough, cute and takes great pictures

I upgraded from a cellphone camera because low light photography was appalling. The salesman put me onto this one as it suited my lifestyle. I have 2 kids so they always play with my things and drop them. If I buy anything nice it will only last about a week before it is completely destroyed. This camera is drop proof and still takes absolutely amazing pictures. It is also waterproof so there is no issue with swimming or rain photography. I don't really use it for this feature though.

Video is as simple as pressing one button too. No need to play around with settings or anything! It's brilliant.

The main drawcard was the ruggedness, picture quality and ease of use.

High recommended.

wendy
wendyasked

My camera wont turn on. the on light is flashing but it wont turn on. battery is fully charged. Any ideas?
Wendy

Sorry, I have no idea.

Sue Gasked

Condensation is terrible despite opening and drying out the camera each time I use it. My photos are always blurred by the condensation in the lens. I’ve given up using it in water. Any suggestions?

Dirk

Lens fogging will occur when the camera is subjected to a change in temperature, and insufficient time is allowed for the temperature to normalise. For instance, leaving the camera in the sun, then jumping into the water = fogging. Leaving the camera in cold air-conditioning, then taking it into the sun = fogging. So try to avoid rapid changes in temperature. In the sun, keep the camera covered by a towel for instance. Leaving a cold room, give it time to adjust to the hotter temperature. The only time I get fogging is leaving a very cold air-conditioned area and going into a warm environment. 20 minutes in a shaded area in the new, warmer environment, addresses the fogging. Good luck. Dirk.

Sue G

Thanks those are very helpful suggestions

CategoryCompact Cameras