ALDI Ombra SPF50+

• Smell

PlantMum
PlantMumSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sensitive SPF50 - used once and ended up in Hospital ED

Product was the Ombra Sensitive SPF 50+ Tube (teal colour) purchased Jan 2021.

Applied to my face, ears and neck prior to going outside. It's a 28° day and my entire face started sweating and the product ended up dripping into one eye.

Constant burning, running tears and swollen eye socket and cheek for 10hr straight, despite flushing with saline.

HealthDirect hotline advised me to goto ED as I could barely open my eye, sensitive to light and couldn't drive.

5hrs in Emergency waiting for an Eye Specialist. Photo taken at that time (14hr after applying the sunscreen).

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI for $2.99.

John P
John PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely not for normal use

I am a daily user of Ombra Sport sunscreen - very effective and a good price- although after long term use, I was seeing some minor skin irritation along the sweat line. I decided to try the Aldi Ombra Sensitive sunscreen for my next purchase. As soon as I put on the sunscreen on my arms and legs, I felt burning of the skin. Because I was out in the sun, I needed to do a second application a few hours later and the same effect occurred. This product is labelled as "Sensitive". No long term rash, just that your skin feels on fire for 10 mins. As to the product itself, it is awful to put on - difficult to rub in- the Ombra Sport is much better to apply. I don't recommend this product for anyone, let alone someone with sensitive skin.

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI.

Yvonne
YvonneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please take this off the shelf !!

Wish I did research before purchase, but do yourself a favor - AVOID OMBRA SENSITIVE SCREEN! It burns like acid, probably better to go bare face than putting this on, it causes red dry itchy skin. Aldi needs to take this off the shelf and stop harming Innocent people.

Purchased in May 2020.

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

KimmyR
KimmyRBallarat

changed ingredients

I have been using Ombra daily defence light feel for about 3 years now. Recently I bought two new tubes as I had not seen it for a while. I opened one this week and put it on - It immediately felt like it was burning my skin just in between my mouth and nose. Washed that part off and continued with my day. The next day I put it on again avoiding that section, and I went for a walk with my son, came home and my face and neck were red raw like I'd gotten sunburnt.
Found an older tube, and checked the ingredients - please explain WHY you would put camphor into a sunscreen? This is clearly what makes it burn. I'll be asking for my money back.

Purchased in January 2020.

kylielam2005
kylielam2005Sydney, NSW

Burnt to a crisp!

I lathered alot of this sunscreen on my face. Last week I wore no-one & got a little red. Today I am badly burnt after using this. After seeing all these reviews I think it's time they were sued.disgusting !

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
Phoebe
PhoebeSydney, NSW

Do not use this product

I used this on my face and three days later my face is still red, itchy, burning, and swollen. I could hardly open my eyes on the first two mornings. It now feels like I have acid on my face. This is even after taking antihistamines and a steroid tablet prescribed by my doctor each day. I have used many different brands of sunscreen in my life and have never experienced a reaction before let alone one this severe.

tateayl
tateaylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Acid Sunscreen - my story was posted on Channel 7 News

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI.

Robert R.
Robert R.South East Queensland, QLD

Believe the 1 Star reviews!

Wish I'd look here before using this product!
3 hours in the sun, applied it twice and burnt to a crisp! So stingy, it does feel like acid has been poured on me! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Throw it out!

Purchased at ALDI.

Neha Magan S.
Neha Magan S.asked

Is thiz brand is expired on tym or not?

List please
List pleaseasked

Could you please forward on to me a list of the ingredients in Ombra Sport 50SPF sunscreen lotion. I see it doesn't have the ingredients listed on the bottle which make me a little suspicious. I thought a list of ingredients was compulsory in Australia.

kylielam2005
kylielam2005asked

Why after all the horrendous reviews stating how burnt everyone gets using this cream, has nothing been done about it???? Thank God I was only in the sun for an hour or I might've ended up in hospital. I can't imagine how parents of children would feel, seriously?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives