ALDI Ombra SPF50+

ALDI Ombra SPF50+ (page 2 of 6)

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (8) · No (5)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Jerardine Luxhoj
Jerardine LuxhojBrisbane

Best suncreen ever but

I really love the Ombra spf 50t coconut spray lotion.The product is fantastic it goes on smoooth smells great protects your skin.I would rate it 5 stars if the spray container worked.It goes everywhere but the skin.Then you have to take the lid of to apply it.I first tried it from a friend straight away she said youll have to take the lid off to use it., so wow thats a bad fault that could easily be fixed make it a roll on su screen.Im putting mine in an old deodorant container.

Dawn
Dawn

Felt like acid on my face

Used this once and would never use it or recommend ever. Face felt like i had acid on it. My face was red and burned for hours after. Very very itchy.

Dreadful and criminal

The Ombra 50+ spray is horrendous. I reapplied twice and was in the sun for a few hours at most (I am very pale) and I got absolutely roasted. It’s criminal to sell this product with the intensity of the Australian sun!!

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Irish in Oz
Irish in OzBrisbane

Scalded with this despite heaviest application and reapplication

Scalded with this for the second time..first time I thought I didn’t use enough and blamed lack of reapplying
Covered myself and partner head to toe in this today, extra thick layer, went to beach for 2-3 hours and came back burnt +++ despite reapplying.
Very stingy on the eyes too when you go in the sea.
The only nice thing is that it dries in and doesn’t look greasy..but the pro is completely outweighed by the fact that it doesn’t do it’s job at protecting against the sun..it’s almost like it, as others suggest, acts like an oil and encourages burning! Had bought 2 tins of this and had to dump to prevent future burns

A magnifying glass would have better SPF protection than this crap.

I bought a bottle of this for a friend. She's very pale, very Redhead. It should have worked for her. She applied it regularly, heavily, and still burnt to a crisp. It didn't provide any kind of protection at all, and she's currently immobilized in severe pain, needing medical treatment.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue

Horrendous

I applied this product to myself, my partner and my children and we all ended up with severe sunburn. I reapplied it several times during the course of our time at the beach. This product should be removed from the shelves. I have quite olive skin and have never been burnt yet using this product was basically like oiling a roast pork for crackling. My children can’t sleep, they have severe blisters, swelling and are in constant pain. I am totally disgusted that this can pass as being 50plys sunscreen, it should be more appropriately named basting oil.

Great. I recommend it.

I’ve been using this sunscreen for the past several months. It feels good on your skin and I haven’t burnt after spending up to three hours swimming sea water. I recommend it. I recently switched to the fragrance free variety and it’s great as I hate the smell of sunscreen.

Shelli
ShelliSydney, NSW

OMG NEVER EVER USE !!!!!!

I rarely ever wear sunscreen as I do not burn but I did this one day and I burnt severely ! My eldest daughter and I were the only ones who wore it and we were the only ones who burnt to a crisp ! I never burn with no sunscreen and after wearing this for 2 hours I was bright red and peeled badly to the point I couldn't even swim it was so sore ! This sunscreen should be illegal!!!

Do not use!

We applied and reapplied this sunscreen and still got burnt. Will he throwing this out. Unacceptable with the intensity of the sun here.

TLW
TLWMelbourne

Great if you want severe sunburn!

Applied to myself and my family before going into the sun, reapplied and we are all severely sunburnt now. I will never purchase again and do not recommend that anyone uses this.

Chris
ChrisMelbourne

Fantastic, not greasy feels good and works

Fantastic, not greasy, feels good and works. Easy to apply and doesn’t smell like chemicals. Plus I don’t end up with acne breaking out so my skin must like it.

Kids got badly sunburnt

I know how to use sunscreen as I have had a few skin cancers removed. This product is no good. Kids got badly sun burnt. I put it on my kids and reapplied the sunscreen.

Best sun protection ever!

Lilly G
Lilly GAU

Eye reaction

Worst product ever! I can’t believe Aldi would stock something so poor. Stings eyes like hell, wish i can upload photos to show you chemical burn this cream created to me. My whole family got sunburned after 3h spent at the beach and reapplied twice! Hope this product goes of the market forever

Bamaloo12
Bamaloo12Hunter Region, NSW

A fine cheap sunscreen

it's a lot thicker than cancer council sunscreens so it does take more work to rub in but true to it's word it doesn't feel greasy and I can't detect and fragrance. As with all sunscreens do make sure you do a patch test to see if you have a reaction to the ingredients but if you apply it properly it works just as well as more expensive products. I wouldn't recommend this one for swimming however as it does sting a bit more than others I have tried if it gets in your eyes, so it's more suitable for just everyday wear.