ALDI Ombra SPF50+

ALDI Ombra SPF50+ (page 3 of 6)

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (8) · No (5)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

SequoiaGirl
SequoiaGirlMelbourne

Can't live without this!

Bedir
Bedir

WARNINNG !Do not use this OMBRA 50+ SUNSCREEN from ALDI!

WARNINNG !Do not use this OMBRA 50+ SUNSCREEN from ALDI!I It cause severe allergenic reaction on my eyes. for 3 weeks,in and out dr with all test, finally I did test on my lower body under rib area with small test left for 4hrs it was reaction and redness appeared in the area.I have been using all sorts of sunscreen for 30 years never seen some thing like this.Aldi immediately must recall this product from the shelf!Burning etch and swelling is the symptoms. Bedir SYDNEY

Great

Are you bringing back the cooling ombra sun screen lotion
I am in brisbane
Fitzgibbon
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho please reply i have nothing else to say

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Bianca
BiancaSydney, NSW

DO NOT USE

I can’t believe this is even still available
For sale. My son and daughter burnt so bad my sons eyes is red raw and swollen, I had to go
To emergency as he started red blotchy patches all
Over his face. Both kids complained when sunscreen was on it was burning and stinging. Never ever ever again. You pay for what you get I’ve learnt my lesson. Shame in Aldi. Recall the product!!!

Pamela
PamelaIpswich

SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

I can’t believe this is available for sale in a country like Australia where skin cancer is a certainty!! I bought for the 50+ factor we applied and reapplied religiously and have been dangerously burnt while overseas. Also the chemical smell in this sunscreen is so potent, I’m not sure it’s safe to use on any level.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
Carol A
Carol A

Chemicals cause terrible rash

A warning - follow the advice here and do not use this sunscreen if your skin is even remotely sensitive. A friend had a new bottle of this which I slathered on my arms, back of my hands and back of my neck and a day later I was covered in red, itchy blotches that, a week later, are still there. I checked the ingredients and yep, most of them are known to cause itchy breakouts. From what I have read here, it sounds like this product is a total dud and dangerous.

Public service announcement- dangerous

I have never written a review on this site but after having my kids burnt to a crisp after applying this suncream I feel compelled to warn others. This product is dangerous. It has absolutely no sun protection. We applied 3 times during the day. Each time I made the kids stay out of the water for at least 10 mins to let it sink in. They are both red raw.

mustangdude
mustangdudeSouth East Queensland, QLD

OMBRA 50+ EVERYDAY sunscreen in the blue 500ml pump pack

Unsafe!!!

Bought in 1L pump pack from Aldi to use for a picnic at the local lagoon/pool. Applied to both my daughters and myself, multiple times throughout the day and came back home looking like lobsters. My eldest daughter is in absolute agony, as she wore a bikini for the first time this summer, so her skin was quite raw. Feel so guilty, as I applied the cream to both of them, but it has obviously failed. Please do not buy this cream!!!

Good so far

We’ve been using this sunscreen all summer with no sunburn. We’ve actually really liked it. I’m wondering if there is poor product control with so many bad reviews. It is very worrying, as sun protection is so important.

Diane
DianeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blisters & rashes all over my son!

Emma
Emma

Dangerous sunburn

***** DO NOT BUY!!!!*****
Both myself and my son have gotten extremely painful sunburn with this product. Used twice, first day applied more than regularly (very hot day) still received very red, swollen burns to every part exposed to sun. Figured we weren't applying it enough or possibly sweat affecting it's performance we used again and after a second day, being applied every hour we are both extremely unwell and with almost purple swollen burns to our arms, legs, faces and necks. worst part was we could not feel the sunburn happening until it was too late! Please do not use this product on children or fair skin!

If i could give no star i would

DANGEROUS SPF50+ stands for SUN PROTECTION FORGONE !
On Australia day my partner and I applied twice let it soak and spent most of the day under the shade. Came home looking like beetroots. Dangerously burnt; we were so disappointed because we were very sun smart. The product must be removed for the shelves. DO NOT BUY!!!!! YOU WILL GET BURNT!!!!

Sharlee
SharleeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not purchase this

Purchased this ombré 50 plus as our whole family is very conscious of skin care. My daughters who HAD perfect skin is totally ruined.
I have photo evidence of what this product does to you. Everywhere the sunscreen was is where their skin burnt. They may as well put cooking oil all over themselves! We followed the instructions on the bottle. We have been on a cruise and my kids couldn’t move or be outside because of what this sunscreen did on the first day of our trip. I’m so very angry about this and will be taking further steps to make sure this happens to nobody else.

Use this if you want to be burned and look like a lobster

We had two sunscreens, the Aldi ombré beach and banana boat brands. Everyone who used the ombré beach is red as a lobster, the family members who used the banana boat brand are still Lilly white. This ombré beach branded product does not work and is dangerous.