ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen

ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen (page 3 of 4)

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (6) · No (1)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
Leia

LeiaBrisbane

Horrible please do not purchase

We are a very sun smart family however we used this sunscreen today applied many times and we have all come home very red and sun burnt. The pain is awful, please spend the money and purchase a different brand. I shop and get everything at Aldi but definitely will not be recommending this product. I will never use this or purchase this brand again.

Tracey

TraceyTannum Sands

Terrible Product

My teenage daughter used this product on her face and was extremely burnt with blisters etc. She used a different brand of sunscreen on her arms and didn’t get burnt on her arms at all. Very disappointed in this product, do not purchase.

This sunblock does not work

The whole family is burnt to a crisp on our faces after using this at the beach for 2.5 hours. We are SunSmart and we’re otherwise covered up. Do NOT use it unless you want to be burnt. It is not worth the cheap price as your skin will pay the price.

Sun Protection & Care Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen compares to other Sun Protection & Care Products

R.M.

R.M.Central West, NSW

Does not work. Got dangerously burnt!

I lathered the Ombra coconut suscreen spray (not the one pictured above) onto my sons back. Admittedly he did not have a rash vest on but he didn't go back in the water and he was so burnt he was in agony for a few days. We have since tried using it a few more times and each time it is literally like rubbing coconut oil on to help you burn. I will be buying a more reputable brand such as Cancer Council in future.

Sunburnt visitors...very embarassing

Aldi sunscreen did not protect my visitors or myself after a day on the beach today...very disappointed, embarrassed for them, and now we all are sunburnt. Please do not buy this item. I am generally pleased with Aldi, and pricing, but applying this sunscreen is a real,health risk.

Disgusted in the performance of this sunscreen

Such an important item. It let down my family. Totally disgusted. My 9 and 10 years old were very badly burnt. I applied 2 times in the 3 hours we were swimming

Emel

EmelMelbourne

Ombré Ultra Sport 50+ - WARNING

I used this twice and got burnt both times. I thought I hadn’t applied it properly the first time, so was extra careful the second time and reapplied about 30 minutes after initial application as I was going on a beach walk. Got burnt quite badly on the arms. I bought a long sleeved rashi instead. Probably your safest option if you are fair like me.

Household essential

Favourite item in our house. A pump per arm, leg and face. Never burnt. Always applied before sun and regularly when out or swimming. No sensitive issues even with eczema skin.

Bytegirl

Bytegirl

Burnt to a crisp

Terrible product. We are super sun smart people and never go out without sunscreen. Bought this product and after 2 hours in the sun came home burnt to a crisp. Very disappointed - do not buy.

Great product

Like the other reviews on hia i myself have not had any concerns with Ombra 50 from the tube i donot use spray on, after applying i donot go outside without a hat on or go to beaches so maybe thats why i haven’t any reactions like others?

Bee

Bee

Full of chemicals and bad reactions!

Nine year old daughters face is swollen and red again plus goes through bouts of nausea after thinking the first time it happened it was a coincidence. How can this product be allowed on our shelves??!!

Sally

SallySouth Australia

Do not use

I use sunscreen everyday
I come to Bali every year
I have used your 50 plus generously and consistently and have been burnt very badly on the first two days
This product should be removed
I have rash all over where I have used
I googled this product simply to see if others have had same problem and clearly this is a big issue and one that Aldi care little about
I'm fifty so I've used a lot of products in my time
DO NOT USE .. it offers NO PROTECTION

Product clearly doesn't meet Australian Standards

Partner / self severely burnt after application

Could all people having issues with this product please
1. Submit complaint to Aldi - https://www.customerservice.aldi.com.au/
2. Submit complaint to TGA - https://www.tga.gov.au/report-perceived-breach-or-questionable-practices

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Red swollen face.

I was thinking maybe my co plaint was a once off thing until I googled this sunscreen. My 4 year old has a red swollen face despite using it excessively and the use of a hat and sunglasses with minimal time exposed to full sun. Not happy, you need to pull this sunscreen from sale just look at the other reviews.

Terrible

The worst sunscreen ever! My husband and me applied many times but we had a very bad sun burnt! Never use it again! I think they need to stop selling them...

Do not buy!

Burnt to a crisp! Should not be on shelves. So disappointed in this product, applied many times and still got burnt to point of blistering. Steer clear of this product.

Blistered and burnt to a crisp

Family had a day at the beach and applied Aldi sunscreen. Was put on again later. Grandsons hands burnt and blisters on his back. Others in the family who used it that same day all got burnt feet and legs and arms. This product needs to be banned.

Terrible

My sister and I were at the beach for 3 hours, we applied heaps of sunscreen as we are both very conscious of protecting our skin from both aging and burning. By the time we got home we both had horrible, blotchy burn. 1 week later and we are blistered and peeling. We couldn't figure out what we did wrong until we overheard someone at the beach today saying they applied Aldi sunscreen and got badly burnt. We then went online to find all of these reviews. I feel sick that we have exposed ourselves to such intense UV using an insufficient sunscreen. There should be a lawsuit filed against Aldi for this product, it's just a matter of time until someone gets skin cancer

Ombré 50+ suncreen

After applying this product 4 times in the space of two hours, I was burnt to the point where people were asking if I was ok and not long after I blistered from the sunburn.

Product should be pulled from the shelves

Put this on my kid who only spent 2 hours in the sun and he got burnt to a crisp... I can't believe that Aldi can legally sell this. The product simply does not work as described.

See all ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen reviews