ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen

ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen (page 4 of 4)

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (6) · No (1)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
Fee

FeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Got burnt!

Took the 50+ ti thailand thinking i would be safe but got burnt. I reapplied every hour, being extra careful and still burnt. Really disgusted in this product. Nothing worse than being burnt especially on holidays and when your so careful not to.

M.M

M.MNewcastle

Great product used on my baby and 3 year old will use again!!

I have used the kids roll-on many times now on my kids, myself and my husband and it has been one of the best sunscreens I have used. I put it on at least 30 minutes before going into the sun and not once have any of us been burnt. Even in the summer heat in Hawaii did we have any problems.
I have used many different brands before from pharmacy only sunscreen to basic ones but I will continue to only use this one now as it was also excellent value for money for my family that is always outdoors and swimming.

ac78

ac78Melbourne

Steer well clear of the spray on 50+ spf (green can)

Used this in QLD recently at 4pm on my white skin, ended up pink on my arms and realized it didn't work. Thank god i didn't use it the following day when my husband did - he's an olive skinned, tanned person and ended up a lovely shade of maroon on his back where he told me to apply this sunscreen (I warned him!). Thankfully i didn't let our babies use it or it would have been much worse. Don't use it - completely useless and worse dangerous. Someone should investigate this as reviews are telling of the fact that many people say this doesn't work.

Sun Protection & Care Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen compares to other Sun Protection & Care Products

Good protection

Very happy with the protection Ombra 50+ Ultra Sport provides. The whole family have been using this sunscreen for about a year now after a bad experience with a well known 50+ brand. Applied correctly and frequently, this sunscreen has delivered the protection my family needs.

Disgusted..

We went to wet n wild at the goldcoast after an hour i was burnt to a crisp, now i have blisters. This product needs to be pulled from shelves. MY CHILDREN used the roll on kids version they too got burnt. Aldi should be disgusted. I will be taking this futhur.

How dare you Aldi

How is this possible, 4 adults 5 kids during tô s crisp, we applied the Ombra 1 hour before heading out to 27 degrees, reapplied every swim and now can't leave the hotel as we are scorched, is this legal how can this imported product be on our Australian shelf. I waited one year for this break and due to crap from Aldi were now suffering..

Never will I set path in Aldi again..

Terrible...do not use!!

Do not buy...do not use!! Five children have been sunburnt today, as have I. This house is not in a happy place tonight!! Who would think this could happen...who can legally sell a sunscreen product that doesn't work?

Do not buy dosnt work

Im horrified that this is allowed to be sold. Slathered my kids in this today before they went out assuming they would be fine .
They are all sunburnt and I feel absolutely terrible. Bought this because it was spf 50+ and it was nothing. it was just like throwing my kids out intothe sun to fry

Horrified

Absolutely horrified that this is allowed to be sold. Slathered my kids in this today before they went out assuming they would be fine
They are all sunburnt and I feel absolutely terrible. Bought this because it was spf 50+ and it was nothing it was just like throwing my kids out to fry in the sun

Sunburnt

This product was terrible and after applying sunscreen with my mate, I was burnt all over after 1.5 hour and she was perfect after applying cancer council 50 +. Never again!

Burnt to a Crisp

Applied a very think layer of Ombrs ultra sport 50+ before we went swimming. Applied a new layer every half and hour. Was only in the water approx 2.5hrs and now me and the kids are burnt to a crisp. Feel very bad for my poor sisters children as I was responsible for them and have taken them home burnt. Will not be using this product again will be going back to the dearer brand. All for the sake of $6.00 no thank you. Now I have to go and slather on the aloe Vera gel.

Terrible! Do not purchase!

Applied a massive amount half an hour before swimming we went swimming and were out of the pool one and a half hours later and got burnt as! I feel terrible for the kids. How is this possible that the product can be labelled four hours water resistant yet when you read the fine print label in the back of the bottle it says re apply every hour!?!?
Throwing this product out and will never deter again.

MBL

MBLMelbourne

Terrible

I am on holiday and applied about a 3rd of the bottle before I went surfing. I covered my body but concentrated on my face and back of my legs/arms I was only in the water for 2 hrs and got burnt to a crisp - lucky I wore a short sleeve rash vest! do by buy! I have. Even using the cancer council 50+ ever since and is perfect.

Used a whole tube- burnt to a crisp

We took the Ombra 50+ 100g tube on a snorkelling day trip. The trip lasted four hours, we applied the sunscreen before we left and at every stop (3) throughout the day. We ended up using the entire tube.
However after four applications in the span of five hours, I am now standing in my hotel room waiting for the aloe gel to dry as I am red raw. So is my partner!
I did some internet searching and turns out the brand's rating of 50+ is not correct. According to Australian standards- it is more likened to a 34
Thanks for ruining the holiday Ombra!

Dries matte, no white cast and good value

I have the ultra sport 500ml big pump bottle I bought from my local aldi which only cost me $6. Dries down nicely on the skin which doesn't leave any greasy feeling suitable even for the face.

See all ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen reviews