ALDI Ombra SPF50+

ALDI Ombra SPF50+ (page 4 of 6)

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (8) · No (5)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Casper
Casper

Terrible don’t use

My 3 grandchildren all suffered horrific burns from using this sunscreen. Do not use it, it does not work, I don’t want to see other children go through what my grandchildren are going through now.

Kathy
KathyMelbourne

Don't use, doesn't work

My daughter used this on arms and legs but different band on her face. Her arms and legs are painfully burnt however her face is fine. My son was with her and had different brand all over and not burnt at all. The Ombré brand does not work and we will not be using it again

sam
sam

Does not work-got burnt!

Please dont use this product or any of their sunblock products. Got burnt really bad on my face after i used this and am peeling like mad! It almost feels like i would hv been better off not using any sunblock lotion than an Aldi one as areas i didnt use it on aren't burnt and dry!. Have also stopped my son using the kids ones after a similar reaction. I dont think it is a spf50+ product. Spend more and get a skin cancer or nivea one!

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Leia
LeiaBrisbane

Horrible please do not purchase

We are a very sun smart family however we used this sunscreen today applied many times and we have all come home very red and sun burnt. The pain is awful, please spend the money and purchase a different brand. I shop and get everything at Aldi but definitely will not be recommending this product. I will never use this or purchase this brand again.

Tracey
TraceyTannum Sands

Terrible Product

My teenage daughter used this product on her face and was extremely burnt with blisters etc. She used a different brand of sunscreen on her arms and didn’t get burnt on her arms at all. Very disappointed in this product, do not purchase.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue

This sunblock does not work

The whole family is burnt to a crisp on our faces after using this at the beach for 2.5 hours. We are SunSmart and we’re otherwise covered up. Do NOT use it unless you want to be burnt. It is not worth the cheap price as your skin will pay the price.

R.M.
R.M.Central West, NSW

Does not work. Got dangerously burnt!

I lathered the Ombra coconut suscreen spray (not the one pictured above) onto my sons back. Admittedly he did not have a rash vest on but he didn't go back in the water and he was so burnt he was in agony for a few days. We have since tried using it a few more times and each time it is literally like rubbing coconut oil on to help you burn. I will be buying a more reputable brand such as Cancer Council in future.

Sunburnt visitors...very embarassing

Aldi sunscreen did not protect my visitors or myself after a day on the beach today...very disappointed, embarrassed for them, and now we all are sunburnt. Please do not buy this item. I am generally pleased with Aldi, and pricing, but applying this sunscreen is a real,health risk.

Disgusted in the performance of this sunscreen

Such an important item. It let down my family. Totally disgusted. My 9 and 10 years old were very badly burnt. I applied 2 times in the 3 hours we were swimming

Emel
EmelMelbourne

Ombré Ultra Sport 50+ - WARNING

I used this twice and got burnt both times. I thought I hadn’t applied it properly the first time, so was extra careful the second time and reapplied about 30 minutes after initial application as I was going on a beach walk. Got burnt quite badly on the arms. I bought a long sleeved rashi instead. Probably your safest option if you are fair like me.

Household essential

Favourite item in our house. A pump per arm, leg and face. Never burnt. Always applied before sun and regularly when out or swimming. No sensitive issues even with eczema skin.

Bytegirl
Bytegirl

Burnt to a crisp

Terrible product. We are super sun smart people and never go out without sunscreen. Bought this product and after 2 hours in the sun came home burnt to a crisp. Very disappointed - do not buy.

Great product

Like the other reviews on hia i myself have not had any concerns with Ombra 50 from the tube i donot use spray on, after applying i donot go outside without a hat on or go to beaches so maybe thats why i haven’t any reactions like others?

Bee
Bee

Full of chemicals and bad reactions!

Nine year old daughters face is swollen and red again plus goes through bouts of nausea after thinking the first time it happened it was a coincidence. How can this product be allowed on our shelves??!!

Sally
SallySouth Australia

Do not use

I use sunscreen everyday
I come to Bali every year
I have used your 50 plus generously and consistently and have been burnt very badly on the first two days
This product should be removed
I have rash all over where I have used
I googled this product simply to see if others have had same problem and clearly this is a big issue and one that Aldi care little about
I'm fifty so I've used a lot of products in my time
DO NOT USE .. it offers NO PROTECTION