ALDI Ombra SPF50+

ALDI Ombra SPF50+ (page 5 of 6)

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (8) · No (5)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Product clearly doesn't meet Australian Standards

Partner / self severely burnt after application

Could all people having issues with this product please
1. Submit complaint to Aldi - https://www.customerservice.aldi.com.au/
2. Submit complaint to TGA - https://www.tga.gov.au/report-perceived-breach-or-questionable-practices

Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Red swollen face.

I was thinking maybe my co plaint was a once off thing until I googled this sunscreen. My 4 year old has a red swollen face despite using it excessively and the use of a hat and sunglasses with minimal time exposed to full sun. Not happy, you need to pull this sunscreen from sale just look at the other reviews.

Terrible

The worst sunscreen ever! My husband and me applied many times but we had a very bad sun burnt! Never use it again! I think they need to stop selling them...

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Do not buy!

Burnt to a crisp! Should not be on shelves. So disappointed in this product, applied many times and still got burnt to point of blistering. Steer clear of this product.

Blistered and burnt to a crisp

Family had a day at the beach and applied Aldi sunscreen. Was put on again later. Grandsons hands burnt and blisters on his back. Others in the family who used it that same day all got burnt feet and legs and arms. This product needs to be banned.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue

Terrible

My sister and I were at the beach for 3 hours, we applied heaps of sunscreen as we are both very conscious of protecting our skin from both aging and burning. By the time we got home we both had horrible, blotchy burn. 1 week later and we are blistered and peeling. We couldn't figure out what we did wrong until we overheard someone at the beach today saying they applied Aldi sunscreen and got badly burnt. We then went online to find all of these reviews. I feel sick that we have exposed ourselves to such intense UV using an insufficient sunscreen. There should be a lawsuit filed against Aldi for this product, it's just a matter of time until someone gets skin cancer

Ombré 50+ suncreen

After applying this product 4 times in the space of two hours, I was burnt to the point where people were asking if I was ok and not long after I blistered from the sunburn.

Product should be pulled from the shelves

Put this on my kid who only spent 2 hours in the sun and he got burnt to a crisp... I can't believe that Aldi can legally sell this. The product simply does not work as described.

Fee
FeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Got burnt!

Took the 50+ ti thailand thinking i would be safe but got burnt. I reapplied every hour, being extra careful and still burnt. Really disgusted in this product. Nothing worse than being burnt especially on holidays and when your so careful not to.

M.M
M.MNewcastle

Great product used on my baby and 3 year old will use again!!

I have used the kids roll-on many times now on my kids, myself and my husband and it has been one of the best sunscreens I have used. I put it on at least 30 minutes before going into the sun and not once have any of us been burnt. Even in the summer heat in Hawaii did we have any problems.
I have used many different brands before from pharmacy only sunscreen to basic ones but I will continue to only use this one now as it was also excellent value for money for my family that is always outdoors and swimming.

ac78
ac78Melbourne

Steer well clear of the spray on 50+ spf (green can)

Used this in QLD recently at 4pm on my white skin, ended up pink on my arms and realized it didn't work. Thank god i didn't use it the following day when my husband did - he's an olive skinned, tanned person and ended up a lovely shade of maroon on his back where he told me to apply this sunscreen (I warned him!). Thankfully i didn't let our babies use it or it would have been much worse. Don't use it - completely useless and worse dangerous. Someone should investigate this as reviews are telling of the fact that many people say this doesn't work.

Good protection

Very happy with the protection Ombra 50+ Ultra Sport provides. The whole family have been using this sunscreen for about a year now after a bad experience with a well known 50+ brand. Applied correctly and frequently, this sunscreen has delivered the protection my family needs.

Disgusted..

We went to wet n wild at the goldcoast after an hour i was burnt to a crisp, now i have blisters. This product needs to be pulled from shelves. MY CHILDREN used the roll on kids version they too got burnt. Aldi should be disgusted. I will be taking this futhur.

How dare you Aldi

How is this possible, 4 adults 5 kids during tô s crisp, we applied the Ombra 1 hour before heading out to 27 degrees, reapplied every swim and now can't leave the hotel as we are scorched, is this legal how can this imported product be on our Australian shelf. I waited one year for this break and due to crap from Aldi were now suffering..

Never will I set path in Aldi again..

Terrible...do not use!!

Do not buy...do not use!! Five children have been sunburnt today, as have I. This house is not in a happy place tonight!! Who would think this could happen...who can legally sell a sunscreen product that doesn't work?