4.3

Sturdy frame

falegal
falegal64 posts

The best box fan

Fan is strong and long lasting. Have had ours for 10yrs still going strong. Show reply
Mauster48
Mauster4854 posts

Powerful, quiet, sturdy box fan

This is a rebrand of the Dimplex D14B which is a 1990's design and very good. Solid plastic body, good directional airflow due to blade depth (better than most pedestal fans or cheap box fans) and relatively quiet at speeds 1 and 2. The simple button controls will outlast any variable frequency or PWM controller. This is something you expect to last for years to decades. Show details ·  1
deepblue56
deepblue56South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Good fan, one design flaw

Have purchased 4 or 5 of these fans starting back when they were branded Dimplex. Very quiet in operation and the tilt function is useful. The wire grill on the back of the fan will eventually rust badly. I live on the Gold Coast in Qld about a 5 minute walk from the beach. See attached photo for typical example of rusting. The design could be improved by either using a plastic grill or plastic coating the wire grill. These fans have increased significantly in price currently A$132 - A$139 at major retailers. I purchased my last one for A$114 in Dec 2019 on ebay.
Willem O.
Willem O.7 posts

2 fans in a row rattling noise

2 fans in a row that rattle like as if we are on a train listening to the track noise.
Still waiting for response and resolution why a fan I paid $119 for is noisier than the $29 fan I bought from Target.
Went to 3 Harvey Norman's and they no longer sell.
Not sure why Show details
Bob
Bob4 posts

Ramy
RamyBrisbane4 posts

ETphonehome
ETphonehomeMelbourne4 posts

Quiet fan

This fan is much quieter compared to the cheaper fans as I can't sleep with a noisy fan. Of course it is still powerful even on the lowest level . The tilt function is an added plus. The only thing is I wish it has a timer to switch off itself.

Mickey
Mickey4 posts

its a excellent fan

the fan is very good quality the durability allows the fan to be steady. it has a ok power consumption, but it is a very good fan to keep cool if you have a air con. or not. the overall product is bang for your buck and i recommend buying the omega altise 014b

Jett. Z
Jett. ZPerth6 posts

At first worked great, after a while started to get a bit faulty

The fan worked as well as it should for its price, noise was minimal-could barely notice it. After a month or so of using it, it’s fan power started to lack which was the only downside but overall great fan and I would recommend it for people who aren’t lookinh for anything super fancy. Gets the job done.

Show details

Matt K
Matt KSydney7 posts

Quiet and cooling. Perfect

I've seen other people with these fans with envy. We had a similar type of fan 30 years ago and remembered cooling down every summer as a kid (we didn't have air conditioning)

when starting it up, we noticed that it made almost no noise. The whirl function really helped put airflow in the room and made the humidity bearable. Also found it to be easy to operate with only 5 buttons (0-3 power and whirl).

Even though it was a bit pricier compared to other box fans, this one is likely to last a bit longer (I've thrown so many pedestal fans away )

OjJoey81
OjJoey81Melbourne, Victoria15 posts

Works Efficiently in Hot weather

* Fan is quiet

* Output is very good

* Sturdy Frame and quite durable

I would recommend the fan. I purchased this from other reviews. It is well worth the money espicially when my air con broke down. However I am awaiting for Harvey Normans Sale to purchase another one. Highly recommend the product!

Show details

CathR
CathRGraceville

Cool and quiet

Purchased this fan after much research to share between my guest room and my son's bedroom. Extremely happy with it. Very quiet and great airflow even on the lowest setting. Waiting for it to come on sale and then I'll purchase a second so I don't have to share it between the rooms.

Joyce K
Joyce K

While the fan is awesome, I’m starting to get some noise issue

Bought the fan not more than 2 months ago. Started all good until lately I start to get some intermittent buzzing noise (quite annoying), I don’t know what causes it as it happen some times only and last for a lil while at a time. Wondering should I return for repair or replace :-/

Cassie from the Shire
Cassie from the ShireAU5 posts

Excellent Fan - thank you for all the comments from your reviews

Just bought this Fan on all the recommendations from Product Review. Excellent in every way. Straight out of the box and all assembled ready to go. Whisper quiet with all perfect settings to suit. Quality plus. The frame is very sturdy and very safe. Bought this from Harvey Norman - I am so pleased!

solsta
solstaMid North Coast, NSW25 posts

Great bedroom fan

This is the 2nd one I have purchased of this model over the last few years.

It is a good size that I use for the bedroom as I like a fan all year around.

It is strong enough to keep cool through the night and the noise, even on high is a good level for sleeping.

The fact that it is a box fan means it can be pushed to the wall out of the way through the day.

It is able to tilt towards the ceiling for more circulation and of course can be set to rotate.

It's a bit pricey but I have tried a lot of fans and they either blow you across the room and are to loud or are to gentle. As they say. It's just right.

Show details ·  2

Andrea Green
Andrea Green

Who stocks this fan in Brisbane?

Omega Altise   DM

Hi there, thanks for your enquiry regarding the O14B our stockists in Brisbane would be Winnings or Appliances on Line .We are here if you require further assistance. The team at Altise.

Features:

• The Omega Altise O14B is a 35cm box fan with 3 speed settings which you can select using push button controls.
  • It has 180° manual vertical tilt and a 360° whirl option, so you can direct air where you want it to circulate.
  • The fan has a static grill feature, letting you have direct cool air so you can alleviate the heat quickly.
  • You can just plug and go with this fan.
  • This product has a 1-year replacement warranty.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers appreciated how good the fan was at increasing the airflow in their room or home, saying that it was powerful even at lower levels.
  • Reviewers also noted that the fan was durable, and that the frame in particular was quite sturdy.
CategoryStandalone Fans