Omega Altise O14B

4.3
  • Power

deepblue56
deepblue56South East Queensland, QLD

Good fan, one design flaw.

Have purchased 4 or 5 of these fans starting back when they were branded Dimplex. Very quiet in operation and the tilt function is useful. The wire grill on the back of the fan will eventually rust badly. I live on the Gold Coast in Qld about a 5 minute walk from the beach. See attached photo for typical example of rusting. The design could be improved by either using a plastic grill or plastic coating the wire grill. These fans have increased significantly in price currently A$132 - A$139 at major retailers. I purchased my last one for A$114 in Dec 2019 on ebay.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $114.00.

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good afternoon, thank you for the comments regarding your fan , its unfortunate that the grills have started to show signs of rust. We value your feedback and we will pass it on to our marketing and R& D teams.

Willem O.
Willem O.

2 fans in a row rattling noise

2 fans in a row that rattle like as if we are on a train listening to the track noise.
Still waiting for response and resolution why a fan I paid $119 for is noisier than the $29 fan I bought from Target.
Went to 3 Harvey Norman's and they no longer sell.
Not sure why

Purchased in November 2020 for $119.00.

Not bad but noisy

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Good afternoon Bob ,
Thanks for the feedback we will pass it on to our Marketing and compliance teams.

Ramy
RamyBrisbane

Perfecto!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Hi Ramy,

Thanks for the review, glad that your O14B is working out well for you.
Kind regards the Altise team.

ETphonehome
ETphonehomeMelbourne

Quiet fan

This fan is much quieter compared to the cheaper fans as I can't sleep with a noisy fan. Of course it is still powerful even on the lowest level . The tilt function is an added plus. The only thing is I wish it has a timer to switch off itself.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Many thanks for your review , glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase , your comments re the timer will be passed on to our marketing department.
The team at Altise.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Mickey
Mickey

its a excellent fan

the fan is very good quality the durability allows the fan to be steady. it has a ok power consumption, but it is a very good fan to keep cool if you have a air con. or not. the overall product is bang for your buck and i recommend buying the omega altise 014b

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Jett. Z
Jett. ZPerth

At first worked great, after a while started to get a bit faulty

The fan worked as well as it should for its price, noise was minimal-could barely notice it. After a month or so of using it, it’s fan power started to lack which was the only downside but overall great fan and I would recommend it for people who aren’t lookinh for anything super fancy. Gets the job done.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good morning Jett Z
Glad to hear that your fan has met your expectations if ever you are needing assistance please feel free to contact us.

Matt K
Matt KSydney

Quiet and cooling. Perfect.

I've seen other people with these fans with envy. We had a similar type of fan 30 years ago and remembered cooling down every summer as a kid (we didn't have air conditioning)

when starting it up, we noticed that it made almost no noise. The whirl function really helped put airflow in the room and made the humidity bearable. Also found it to be easy to operate with only 5 buttons (0-3 power and whirl).

Even though it was a bit pricier compared to other box fans, this one is likely to last a bit longer (I've thrown so many pedestal fans away )

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Hi Matt K,

Thanks for the great feed back, we will pass it on to our marketing department.
Kind regards, the team at Altise.

OjJoey81
OjJoey81Melbourne, Victoria

Works Efficiently in Hot weather

* Fan is quiet
* Output is very good
* Sturdy Frame and quite durable

I would recommend the fan. I purchased this from other reviews. It is well worth the money espicially when my air con broke down. However I am awaiting for Harvey Normans Sale to purchase another one. Highly recommend the product!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

CathR
CathRGraceville

Cool and quiet

Purchased this fan after much research to share between my guest room and my son's bedroom. Extremely happy with it. Very quiet and great airflow even on the lowest setting. Waiting for it to come on sale and then I'll purchase a second so I don't have to share it between the rooms.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Alexis P.Omega Altise

While the fan is awesome, I’m starting to get some noise issue

Bought the fan not more than 2 months ago. Started all good until lately I start to get some intermittent buzzing noise (quite annoying), I don’t know what causes it as it happen some times only and last for a lil while at a time. Wondering should I return for repair or replace :-/

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Good morning Joyce K,
Thank you for your enquiry as this fan is a non repairable item please return to your place of purchase for a replacement, if you feel it is not performing to specification.

Kind regards

Cassie from the Shire
Cassie from the ShireAU

Excellent Fan - thank you for all the comments from your reviews.

Just bought this Fan on all the recommendations from Product Review. Excellent in every way. Straight out of the box and all assembled ready to go. Whisper quiet with all perfect settings to suit. Quality plus. The frame is very sturdy and very safe. Bought this from Harvey Norman - I am so pleased!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Many thanks for your review, it certainly sounds like you're getting the most out of your O14B .If we can ever assist further please feel free to contact us.

solstaMid North Coast, NSW

Great bedroom fan.

This is the 2nd one I have purchased of this model over the last few years.
It is a good size that I use for the bedroom as I like a fan all year around.
It is strong enough to keep cool through the night and the noise, even on high is a good level for sleeping.
The fact that it is a box fan means it can be pushed to the wall out of the way through the day.
It is able to tilt towards the ceiling for more circulation and of course can be set to rotate.
It's a bit pricey but I have tried a lot of fans and they either blow you across the room and are to loud or are to gentle. As they say. It's just right.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your positive and valuable feedback, it will be passed on to our Marketing department.

solsta

Your welcome.And thanks for the great product.

Cheap on the pocket but very effective

Great Fan. Inexpensive. very powerful and the timer is an added bonus. Better performance for the price than our big 600$ cooler and its quiet on low setting. Weve bought many pedestal fans over the years and are amazed that this white box has kept us cool through the very hot perth 40's

Date PurchasedNov 2016

ross2011
ross2011Queensland, 4019

Perfect Fan

I highly recommend this fan to anyone looking for a box fan, very quiet in low settings & acceptable in high speed, even with the whirl option used. Very stable on floor, never knocked it over, even though I have limited floor space where I use it. Actually I have 2, 1 used to dry clothes, works really well.

Date PurchasedSept 2014