Omega Altise ODE20

Omega Altise ODE20

Brilliant!

I love in the tropics, couldn't live without this!
This little unit is incredible! It draws litres of water from each room, leaving it feeling warm and dry. Takes away all the damp smells also.
Mine has now been running for years, never misses a beat! I will be buying the new updated model soon
Buy it!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good afternoon, thanks for the great review on how well your dehumidifier is working in the tropics , your valuable feedback will be passed onto our marketing department.
The team at Altise.

Vascariz

Vascariz

By far the most reliable

Bought a new one in addition to my existing one and they've both been going very strong.

Always kept the room at a nice humidity and kept mould at bay.

I would highly recommend this. Just wish there was a hose so you could let it drain out directly into a drain as the tank will fill up on a very humid day.

Also very great for helping clothes dry.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Phil G

Phil G

Easy to spill water when emptying the tank

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jenna

JennaSydney

ok while it worked.

It did what it was supposed to do adequately, however it stopped working as soon as warranty ran out (so did my Omega fan). The motor still ran but it stopped extracting water and there are no local repairers so it's ended up as landfill. I wont buy anything made by Omega ever again.

montxsuzAU

Unreliable, noisy - and bad service

montxsuz

I've bought an Ionmax and a DeLonghi since, and I am happy to report that they are all working fine. Touch wood. (An older DeLonghi has been running for over 15-20 years, no problems). Done with Omega appliances.

mick

micksydney

Bad company, bad product

I have a 5 year old Altise 20 which stopped working recently so I phoned the company. I was told that there were NO SPARE PARTS available and the company DOES NOT SERVICE dehumidifiers.
Given that air conditioners and fridges last 10 to 30 years this product is little more than a piece of crap and the company needs to go out of business. Consumers deserve better than this.

Oz

OzPerth, WA

Good Medium Size Domestic Model

Pros:
Works very well, reliable
Adjustable vent direction
High volume air outlet
Reasonable capacity water tank

Cons:
Blue light permanently on, very bright
High volume air means noisy for sleeping area

Timer Button Pushed In

After about 3 months the timer button got pushed in and stuck.

Other than that we thought it was great - a little noisy though.

Still works but the timer feature was awesome. It was reassuring knowing it would turn off after a certain period. This saved us electricity.

Not sure if we can get it fixed for free as we lost the receipt. I would buy something different next time.

I want to rate it 2.5 stars
timer
timer button

murcod

They're relatively easy to pull apart (I've had mine apart.) You should be able to relocate the button back where it should be without too much trouble.

Mich

MichSydney

Was Great for Two Years

We bought this product after damp problems in our house. It was great for the first 2 winters (don't need it in summer) but into our 3rd and it hardly works at all any more. It used to easily extract 20l per night out of our house overnight but now we'd get a less than a litre so we'll have to replace it. It's a shame you have to fork out over $300 for what is essentially 6 months of use. Also it's very noisy and the blue light on the front will light up your room at night like a Christmas Tree.
Was great for 2 winters
Only got 2 years (6 months all up) use out of it, noisy and the light is too bright.

suen

suenSydney, NSW

Switch failed in less than a year

I was happy with this until..... the switch failed (pressed in and wedged) after only 7 months of (barely any) use. I thought Omega was a premium brand and therefore products would be well designed. Obviously that's wrong. It was still under warranty but the policy is to send someone to 'fix' it rather than replace. A nice polite guy did that. However, I am pretty sure the problem will recur (either soon or after my warranty expires) as it's clearly a design flaw. Not impressed with the product or Omega's after sales policy.
Does the job
Design problem with the switches - too easy to press them right in. Omega's after sales service policy

foxvally

foxvallyAU

Solved our damp problem.. Excellent Unit

Very efficient. The timer can be used as either an on or off timer. Dial up the humidity you want and it will maintain it or set timer for on/off - operation,50,60,70 or 80%)
UV light cleans the air - Can be externally drained or mobile (with a tank. Stops operating when tank is full.
Value compared to other units, looks good and does a great job

tennis888

tennis888

Good value for the product and way cheaper that similar products from [url censored] that i was looking at buying first.
Bought the Omega Dehumidifier (ODE20) which is exactly the same as the Dimplex DACDEHU3 for $345.
Light, easy to move around, humidity level display, not noisy, timer
auto cutoff when water tank is full and also, when desired humidity is reached.
Not really a dislike but something to watch for.
If you use the auto desired humidity control, then if
current humidity is lower, dehumidifier does not stop and seems to attempt to raise the humidity to that level!!!

Excellent product

Great product. a little noisy but makes a difference as soon as you use it. I wish I bought one of these years ago rather than constantly cleaning mould. not sure if the UV light function works and I get find out any info about it but very happy with the product and end result.
Mostly great
Bit quieter would be better. Would like to have 40% humidity on it...hate humidity

toplink

toplink

Good

i'd give it 8/10 for functions 8/10 for looks and 7/10 for quietness. It is easy to empty and move around the home
Great value dehumidifier, discovered this quality unit Plus other models through damp Solutions Australia. They gave great advice and were able to solve mould and mustiness in our bedrooms and store. We were able to preset the the digital control for 50%RH and go on holidays to come back to a dry environment even during the Brisbane storms. I thoroughly recommend this model and the sevice from Damp Solutions.
Filter needed cleaning approx every 1mth in dusty areas

murcodSouth Australia

Good

Very happy apart from the noise it can make. You wouldn't want it anywhere near a bedroom at night (unless you're a heavy sleeper.) Works well at reducing/ eliminating condensation in our windows on cold winter nights. Useful for drying clothes inside in winter.
Works well. The timer can be used as either an ON or OFF timer. Dial up the humidity you want and it will maintain it (continuous operation,50,60,70 or 80%)
UV light- but does it actually do anything? Stops operating when tank is full.
Loud and does have some annoying vibrations when the compressor is operating.