2Omega Altise OT600E

Noise Level
Power

GSBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

6 years+ and still going strong and still runs quietly

This is a great Fan. We’ve had ours for many years. Easy to assemble, easy to dismantle for cleaning. Runs smooth and quiet. After all this time it still runs perfectly.
We have a different fan in our bedroom. A sunbeam. It has always been noisy and so we are going to buy another one of these. Can’t go wrong Show details ·  2
Issac Williams
Issac WilliamsBrisbane7 posts

Love the fan

Can't survive summer without the fan. It takes less space and can fit into any corners in the house. Very silent during the night, and can operate continuously for a long time. However, its tiny screen was quite annoying at night, as it lightened the room (I can only sleep when the room is completely dark).

Grandma1
Grandma1Langwarrin37 posts

I love this fan

How nice is a vertical fan. Black to blend in anywhere, takes up so much less space without compromising on features. Love the remote and all the functions. I use this in my bedroom just set how many hours, what speed , direction ect and relax. Great value for money. I think these tower fans are the way forward.

Show details ·  2

crl
crlSydney4 posts

Need it all summer

Great fan. It looks modern & functional.

The fan has few different power options but we normally just use the lowest setting.

The fan can be set to move to all directions or just point at 1 area.

The fan is quite quiet and we have no issue with having it on all night.

The fan display is a bit bright when we’re sleeping at night.

Holly
Holly5 posts

Good fan

Quiet enough that I can fall asleep to it and the timer is useful for night time. I haven't found much use for the different modes. Have been using it for a few years now and the fan still works fine, but the screen's a bit buggy. The remote is handy to use.

JyL
JyLSydney4 posts

Cooling and functional

The fan has three power settings, with the highest power setting being quite strong. It is quiet and so you can leave it on all night. The functions are great, particularly the ability to set a timer, the thermometer and the wide oscillation. I have 3 of these fans in my house in 3 different rooms because they work really well and are a great price!

wicketoby
wicketoby3 posts

CANT EVEN PUT IT TOGETHER

I brought the fan a few weeks ago from Harvey Norman but I only tried to put it together today. Huge mistake to buy the fans ( I purchased 2 ) I have tried and tried to put it together to use in the heat wave but I cannot even do that the instructio"Ns are no help step 3 REMOVE THE FAN BLADE LOCK NUT FROM THE MOTOR SHAFT AND REAR GUARD LOCT NUT FROM MOTOR HOUSING" How the hell do I remove the blade lock nut no instruction on how to do that.

I think I will just pack them both up and return them. I brought model no OP408R.

I SUFFERED THROUGH THE 38DEG HEAT TODAY

Omega Altise   DM

Good afternoon, Please contact our customer care team on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will be able to assist with assembly of your fan.

Salts
SaltsSydney2 posts

Fan has very short life span :-(

I was "very" happy with the fan, to start with!! It lasted wonderfully for the first 12months, unfortunately, once the warranty ran out the controls started to play up ... now it doesn't work at all. Very disappointed considering the money spent. I always thought Omega was a trusted brand.

wendyd
wendydSoutheast, SA5 posts

Great fan

Great fan, it is easy to use nice and quiet & safe for little fingers when the grand kids visit. Keeps the room nice & cool. Controls are simple I like how it can rotate or not. No problems with it at all. Will buy another one in the future.

JILLTEE
JILLTEESouth East Queensland, QLD74 posts

I LOVE THIS FAN

This is the second season i have had this fan and i love it, it is so much better than a ceiling fan as it draws in the warm air at the back and sends cooler air through the front vents, it is easy to move around and because it is a tall and sits on the floor you don't get wasted air like you do with a ceiling fan that is so far away, we have air conditioning but no fan in our living area, if we did not have this we would have to have the a/c on a lot more, so this has saved us money in that respect.

Jenna
JennaSydney11 posts

Died as soon as warranty ran out

Bought this based on reviews (and possibly Choice recommendation too if I reacall correctly.) Was fine when it worked, but after a year the remote stopped working, and soon after that fan would go sometimes, other times not, then it died completely (my Omega dehumidifier purchased at the same time also stopped working at the same time). Meanwhile $12 Woolies fan has been going for 6 years. Will never buy anything from this brand again, it's overpriced rubbish that ends up as landfill.

Alana
Alana

Disgusting Plastic Smell That Makes You Feel Sick If Left On In A Room!

I thought this fan would be a great purchase but the smell that comes from even 15 minutes of use is unbearable. It is a burning plastic smell and makes me feel sick after awhile. I figure it can't be healthy at all! So annoyed as I purchased this for $90 from Harvey Norman late last year. I purchased to use in a child's room but that will never happen with this smell!

Jo T
Jo T3 posts

Worked really well 2yrs but doesn't last

I have had this for about 2yrs and I really liked the product, but after getting it out for this summer noticed that the fan will only will stay on level one and will not oscillate or do anything else ...it just cuts out and stops if you try to change anything, either with the remote or on the tower itself. It was great for the two summers that I used it but had hoped I would have had a longer lifespan from this product. I think I paid about $80 or $90 for it at the time. Very disappointed it has not lasted.

Justin
Justin4 posts

Doesn't last

Got this 2-3 years ago. Worked fine the first summer. Next year weird things would happen. It didn't want to rotate unless the right combination of buttons were pressed. Sometimes it would cut out if certain settings were accessed.

Now, it can only turn on at level 1, won't rotate, and the timer can't be set for more than 2hrs or it will shut off.

Pet_au
Pet_auAdelaide, SA12 posts

Happy with my Omega Altise OT600E

Bought this fan a few months ago for a great price (just under $90). It performs adequately with no problems whatsoever. I like the various settings and functions and I also like that it has a remote control that can be stored in the unit when not used. Recommended.

Tania H.
Tania H.

Why can't you change room temp on tower fan as I'm menopausal and feel it should be cooler than 25 degrees

GSB

You can’t change the room temperature because the temperature shown on the fan’s display is simply the room temperature.
This is a fan. Not an air conditioner. It’s simply blowing the air around.

Omega Altise   DM

Good morning, as advised by GSB the temperature display on this model is the room temperature, if you require further assistance please give us a call on 1300 739 033. The team at Altise.

janelle
janelle

Hello my mums remote is broken where can we buy another one from.

Omega Altise   DM

Good afternoon Janelle, unfortunately we are unable to assist your Mum as we no longer stock remote controls for this model. The team at Altise.

johrianuragjohri
johrianuragjohri

Hi my omega Altise aura fan has suddenly stopped working. My remote has 3 lights on for speed and does nothing when I press the button please help. Also how do I know if batteries in remote is an issue don’t see a way to replace them

GSB

Don’t know about the first part of your query but to replace the batteries in the remote is very easy. The cover on the back unclips very easily. You’ll need 2 AAA batteries.

CategoryStandalone Fans