Omo Sensitive

Omo Sensitive Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Babs

Babsasked

can you use omo sensitive front and top loader in cold water without dissolving it in hot water first?

jenny

jennyasked

The blue granules of OMO Active creates a blue stain if it stays longer on the fabric when water is not mixed properly.Is there a way to remove the blue stain?I did use vanish and clorox but the blue spots doesnt come off>

Linda S

Linda Sasked

Does omo sensitive contain cobalt?

Lyn
Lyn

Have no idea, the labelling should contain all ingredients, my gripe came after the new product was launched. It contained PERFUME!!!! very itchy stuff at that, also smelt very cheap and nasty.

john
john

it also leaves a amount of powder witch sets like crystal before it clears the soap tray

Justine K

Justine Kasked

Why did Omo change their sensitive product and put a strong perfume in it.?? my whole family is sneezing and getting headaches.. why did they do this?

HMZ
HMZ

Only the pods are scented - liquid and powder are fragrance free

Sharon E
Sharon E

I don't know if it's just the pods!?! I just opened a new box of Omo sensitive washing powder. First pack I've bought this year. It seems really clearly smelly of a perfume or something very much like one! I had a big 5kg box which lasted me ages. Now I've just put a load on with the new box, sitting here coughing, sneezing, eyes watering, nose dripping and a slight headache. Maybe I just put my nose too close to have a good smell comparing the old box and the new one, but it was definitely smelly whereas the old one smells of nothing, which is perfect! Why o why does the world think 'pretty' smells is a good idea. Aaand, having read the other Q&A's here, I'd better go check that it's not overflowing with suds!

Wazza Cavalier

Wazza Cavalierasked

Front Loader Washing - Has the formula for Omo Sensitive Powder changed for the better?
- I ask as since they combined the Top and Front loader powder, it seems that I get excessive foaming which, I understand, will eventually destroy my machine. So excessive that it comes out the dispenser drawer!
Maybe only when the powder is out special for half price does this occur?

Disappointed
Disappointed

Yes, we have just developed the same problem in our front loader (ASKO) after using OMO sensitive front loader for years with no previous issues.
Noticed the new box had top and front loader. Instructions have the same amount of powder to be used for top and front loader; did not do this. Reduced powder quantity by 1/2 but the foam kept coming!!!!
Is this a trick by Omo to make people who pay extra for the front loader sensitive OMO pay more for the top loader formula being repackaged.
The machine has just finished the load and is full of suds still !!!!!

Will be ringing ASKO tomorrow to find a new powder they recommend - will attempt to vote with my feet and go to another product.

Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Beware suds flood! Store didn’t have my “normal” Omo for front loader so bought 2 x 5kg boxes Omo Sensitive for front/top loader = $60. I don’t think the front/top combo works as I used the recommended dose in Miele high-efficiency washer and flooded the laundry room with foam. Drained machine. Ran THREE cycles without laundry or powder before all foam cleared from bowl. Wish I’d read this site before paying $165 today for service call to be told the machine was working perfectly but the laundry powder was not. Waiting for Unilever to reply to my email asking for swap of top/front “sensitive” for good ol’ top load “normal” Omo. I’m a long time Omo fan but I’m wavering after this costly episode.

brian

Yes - washing powders sometimes do this and sometimes even clog within the water pump. You can try cleaning it out vinegar or something like that. Alternatively you could try contacting the washing machine manufactured company for future advice

Diaasked

I have been using the liquid capsules and I was wondering how you stop them sticking together in the bag? I have wasted so many because as you pull them apart they burst open.

all_alloy
all_alloy

Unfortunately the bags are designed to break down upon contact with water so sealing it every time to prevent humidity in the bag can help and not touching them with wet hands.
Some people have issues with these capsules because at low temperatures or large loads they do not fully dissolve and can leave residue on fabrics.

Dia

I won't be buying them anymore, I thought they would be a great idea but they aren't basically useless.

brian

All the capsules are trash. Cold power and omo capsules - better off buying the omo clothes cleaning powder or the omo clothes washing liquids in a container

Sleeps

Sleepsasked

I have been using OMO Sensitive liquid for some time as I have sensitive skin. I have just started a new bottle and developed what resembles contact dermatitis. Does anyone know if they have recently changed the formula? I tried the website but the contact page isn't working!

corncerned carer

Formula hasn't changed because my wife has serve eczema and always uses it with no problem to her skin ,she even hand washes some items of clothing with that product.
I haven't had to rush her off to see her skin specialist which would usely happen if the product had a problem, possible you may have touch something or someone outside your house to cause the problem.

Santina

Santinaasked

Does this contain any bleach products?

corncerned carer

It doesn't list any type of bleaches, I have very sensitive sinus problems and if there is bleach within 4 metres of my nose I can smell it.
But here is a www.omo.com.au or the OMO care line number is 1800225508, which will tell you what you want answered.
I went back onto it for my Wife's ECEZMA because I could it smelt the same as the lot before they put prestain remover in it, but my nose hasn't smelt any bleach in it, unlike our main water we have at our house it is very strong and burns your skin for both my wife and I.

lyndyasked

I put all my whites in the wash and I used front loader omo instead of top loader which I didn't think would be a problem my white long pants came out with brown stains over one leg. I have soaked in omo and vanish for over a week and nothing is removing the stain. Can you please help or offer some suggestions. Thanks! Lyndy

ShoppingBlows

I don't think top loader or front loader makes a difference in this case and certainly wouldn't leave a stain.

Not much help

corncerned carer

How old is your washing machine, because you might have scales in the washing machine. Which you can easily rectify by using a scaling product to clean all the crap out of your washing machine, some washing machine repairers recommend you use the descaling products every three months to clean the build up of washing powders or liquids over the years. I have to wash a lot of towels every three months which have a lot of paraffin on them because my wife has eczema all over her body and the towels are needed to wipe off the access paraffin from her body, and when it gets all over the washing machine it is very hard to remove, but this descaling product lifts it all off the washing machine, then I give the washing machine a quick wash, and a couple of rinses then all good for the washing.

ddixon65

ddixon65asked

I rubbed a little omo on some stains on my marcella quilt and it has left 3 blue patchs (Colour of the liquid) on the quilt, how can i remove this, the patches are quite big?
Diane

ShoppingBlows

You should contact the manufacturer and ask for their advice as they know what is in the product. You could also try putting it through the washing machine a few times just with cold water. Or, failing that, get a bar of Sard Wonder Soap, get the stain wet, and rub the soap bar directly onto the stain and lather it up. Then put it through a long cycle in the washing machine. I've done on stains on my marcella quilt and it always works.

zircosil
zircosil

If you have some stain remover like Vanish (I have Sard in a spray bottle), spray it on the patches and leave it for a while - then give the quilt another run through the washing machine and see if the areas get smaller.

brian

Have you tried washing the items again in just plain water / my advice is to try that and see how it goes

Get an answer from our members and Omo representatives