Onebed Mattress Original

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

mattress a little on the thin side

Mattress concept is a good one but unfortunately I think this is a little too much on the thin side and does not achieve its purpose in providing excellent comfort.

Purchased in April 2021 for $700.00.

Firm but still slept ok

In terms of comfort, it is an ok, it somewhat feels supportive.
I don’t have any back issues and the mattress hasn’t created any back issues.
I bought this mattress to go into the nursery so compared with my normal bed, my normal bed is a lot better and offers a much better sleep but I did pay $999 for my normal mattress for a Queen size, whereas I got this Double with the 40% off sale so it was cheaper.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo
Onebed S.Onebed

Adjusting to the feel of a new mattress may take a few weeks so we recommend giving it a bit of time. Hopefully with time, it will work out for you and you'll fully adjust to it. :)

Danny
DannySydney, NSW

Slightly firm. Had a smell for a while.

I am on the skinnier side and found that the mattress was a bit firmer than my previous spring mattress but I got used to it after a couple weeks.

My particular mattress had a VERY STRONG CHEMICAL SMELL that lasted weeks. It would make my clothes and sheets smell and you could smell it strongly just walking into the room. I even aired the mattress outdoors for a few days and it still took over 3-4 weeks for it not to be noticeable anymore.

This could be an uncommon issue though because my friend got one that barely had a smell out of the box.

Purchased in March 2021 at Onebed for $550.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Onebed S.Onebed

Hi Danny, we do have customers who are more sensitive to smells and usually airing out for a bit does the trick. We hope it's now working out better for you. :)

paul
paulSydney, NSW

king one bed

good quality product, was exactly what I thought it would be. its only one month in now and I haven't noticed any sagging or defects. sleep quality is good, am using a pillow topper aswell

Purchased in April 2021 for $1,000.00.

Onebed S.Onebed

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your Onebed mattress, Paul. It should keep it's form for many, many years. ❤️

Belle
BelleSydney, NSW

Good for back sleepers

The mattress is very firm and after 2-3 months hasn’t really become less firm, it’s good for back sleepers but doesn’t mould as much as a side sleeper. It did alleviate my back pains when I slept on my back.

Purchased for $799.00.

Maryanne
MaryannePerth, WA

Helping my back but very very very firm

I really feel it’s supportive and helping my back but.... I don’t find it comfortable. Not uncomfortable but I don’t drop into bed thinking ah I love bed like I used to. I’m saying that the comfortable bed was no good for my back so catch 22. Were still in our trial period so I will continue to test it out.

Purchased in February 2021 for $749.00.

Gary W.
Gary W.

Not as described

Comfortable, not supportive, you sink in the mattress. Doesn't compare to the koala mattress we assumed it was on par. It moulds to your body and you sink in it leaving us with sore backs. We're not really happy with the purchase after our last koala mattress no comparison.

Purchased in March 2021 for $890.00.

StaceyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Comfort with low cost

We brought the king , upsized from a queen bed. I have been having trouble getting comfy but the husband sleeps ok. We are still under the 125 day trail so will continue to see how we like it. So far I’m not loving it

Purchased in January 2021 for $899.00.

Stacey

Hi, I’ll check with the husband if we have tried the blue layer. We have moved a few around. Thanks for the reply :)

Stacey

Just checked, yes we have the blue on top, he also said we are waiting for stock to arrive of the topper to give it a try :)

Izzy
IzzyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I do love the mattress, but....

I do love this mattress, however I do have to rotate between the different mattresses firm / medium firm / medium every 3 weeks so that I can keep sleeping comfortably. Good thing the mattress comes with all 3 choices. I do have bad back and neck issues and have since I was young. I am sleeping much better since having a one bed mattress and feeling a lot more alive now. My sleep also improved when I added a new pillow to the scenario. I have only given 3 stars, as I don't believe i should have to keep flipping / rotating the mattresses around for a decent nights sleep. But so be it, it is my best option mattress wise so far. I have only had the mattress 2 months so far.

Purchased in January 2021 for $599.00.

To hard

Gave the mattress a try but did it enjoy it.
It’s very hard even if you swap the top layer over.
The topper slides and moves meaning you can’t sleep to the edges and the edges become soft where you get in and out of the bed.
The mattress is very high.
Would not recommend but better then some.
They also do honour there returns policy in the favour.

Shafeen Khetani
Shafeen KhetaniVictoria

Mattress is great but starting too feel a bit firm

The mattress is really good and comfortable till now but starting to feel a bit firmer. I have not tried to change the foam settings but will wait for a couple of weeks before doing that

Purchased in November 2020.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Onebed S.Onebed

Hi Shafeen, foams usually soften with use and time.. You may try the layers too. If it doesn't work out, you have the 125 Nights Trial with your mattress and may return if you're not satisfied with it. Thank you.

Rubie
RubieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It’s hit and miss.

Good quality just firm for my back. Sometime i wake up with a sore back sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I sleep well sometimes I don’t. Like I said hit and miss

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Onebed S.Onebed

Hi Rubie, if the mattress is not the right one for you, you may return it under the 125 Night Trial. Just email support@onebed.com.au. Thank you.

Ijaaz K.
Ijaaz K.Central Queensland, QLD

Pretty good, but it’s abit firm

I like the bed, but it feels abit on the firm side and would like some sort of option to fix this instead of getting a refund. Any help with this will be appreciated

Purchased in October 2020 for $799.00.

Jakki
JakkiSouthern and Hills, SA

Still unsure

At first I loved it. I was waking up pain free. However, now, I wake with a sore back after a couple of hours and struggle for the rest of the night. I can’t move when I get up in the mornings and my back is sore for hours. I end up sleeping in a valley that gets deeper as the night goes on.

Purchased in November 2020 for $799.00.

Other Mattresses

Versatile, easy set up and comfortable

Got the queen size bed, still in the trial period but it’s not too bad. I do have back problems when I wake up here n there , some nights the bed helps some nights it doesn’t, love how we can change the firmness setting, still playing around with it

Purchased in October 2020.

See all Onebed Mattress Original reviews