Online Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

1 question from our users

David

Davidasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Online Travel Insurance
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan