Online Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Online Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan (page 2 of 7)

Josh b

Josh b

Used it for second Time No stress , No Fuss just pay n go !

Full comprehensive cover for family , Price was reasonable, even cheaper than other online insurance companies. Piece of mind knowing its through a well known Australian Insurance company ... Second time using Online Travel Insurance .. Would recommend

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationAustralia
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for recommending us Josh. Regards, Anthony.

Sarah M

Sarah MWimmera, VIC

Excellent Value and Service

Online Travel Insurance covered all my requirements for an excellent price and was easy to set up. This is the second time I have used Online Travel Insurance and I will definitely use them again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Sarah, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Andy

AndyAU

Very efficient

Wouldn't leave home without it! Good value, extensive coverage, choices for different levels of coverage. I traveled for 6 months.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Andy, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Matt.R

Matt.RGold Coast

Faith in insurance restored

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Matt, sorry to hear about your illness, but glad to hear that you are all good now and that we were able to help you out. Cheers, Anthony.

JaneW

JaneWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nasty surprise on exclusions

Being aware of the volcano risk on Bali I took care to select good delay coverage. I actually read the Product Description. But when I later saw a comment in the news, I phoned to check. I discovered that delay coverage for Bali was invalid due to it being a "known risk" and on the government web site.

I was surprised and disappointed to hear this. I don't recall seeing anything on the application form to warn about checking for temporary exclusions. Of course I knew about the risk on Bali - that's why i especially looked for delay cover. I think you should make a point of clearly flagging such exclusions when the customer tells you they want cover for a destination where they are in effect.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Jane, thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it on to our team to see how we can address this. Regards, Anthony.

Brooksy

Brooksy

Great, awesome service

First time using this service, fast, great value.
Easy Insurance company to deal with. Hassle free.
Will use this insurance again in the future

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Excellent product, cost effective and easy to apply insurance.

This is my 6th time to use this product when travelling OS. Very cost effective and easy to set-up and a policy that is understandable.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Leticia, thanks for the great review. Regards, Anthony.

Geoffrey Needham

Geoffrey NeedhamJimboomba, Queensland

Reasonable

Started on the Alliance site and got shifted around and really had no idea who I ended up being insured by. Price was competitive compared to Flight Centre. Did not use customer support or make a claim. One can only tell how good an insurance company is when they handle your claim. So the jury is out on this one. I will use them again provided I don't get the same confusing run around. I have discovered that travel insurance is a very competitive business so there are lots of option.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for the feedback - will pass it on to our team. Regards, Anthony.

Quick and easy

I can’t comment on much as I didn’t have to make a claim but the insurance was quick and easy to set up and reasonably priced compared to others so I was happy with that.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Adriana, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Easy to setup

Insurance was set up very quickly also I found their prices are the cheapest around. I will definately use for my next trip.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Mike, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

A travel essential.

The policy I purchased was essential for travellers like me. Considering that my partner and I travel yearly I wouldn't miss on buying the policy before our travel. I feel secured whenever I have this policy and I would recommend this to my family and friends.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Jerwin, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Simple and Easy

Great value, second time buying travel insurance though here. India and Thailand.
Easy to read policy wording in the PDS good coverage if needed. I have not claimed given the easy process of buying hopefully making a claim is just as easy.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Eva, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

finswim01

finswim01Seaforth, Queensland

Didn't claim but process was good.

Simple and easy and seemed comparable to other policies at a slightly lessor price. Though didn't need to claim so can't comment on the claim/payment process. Overall seems to be good value.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

$200 excess to claim

I had comprehensive cover with Online Travel Insurance and broke my toe while overseas. I had to see a doctor and get my foot bandaged. When I claimed, they told me I had to pay an excess of $200 and since the cost of my medical bills was less then this amount, I was not covered. So even though the cost of insurance is very low the excess when claiming is high. Would not recommend this insurer.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hello Aaron, thanks for your comment. Yes, you are correct about the excess - which is applied to claims with most travel insurance products out there (there are some that have nil excess). Regards, Anthony.

Excellent value

Policy is good value and easy to set up. Comprehensive policy provides all of the cover I require. Have purchased OTI policy more than 6 times but have not had to make a claim so cannot comment on the claims service - thankfully!

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Michelle - thanks for being a regular customer of Online Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Smythi

SmythiVictoria

Great value

Easy online set up with good cover and low cost. Didn't need to make claim but also didn't have any concerns while on holiday and was happy with the cover.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Zoe, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Review collected in partnership with Online Travel Insurance

So simple, so quick online

Very simple to set up the insurance for my trip online, and cost was also a big factor, good value cover. Would definitely use for my next trip and recommend to friends

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Callum, thanks for recommending us. Regards, Anthony.

Waste of money I'd say

I missed my domestic flight because of international flight delayed for mechanical reasons. Tried to see if I was covered for expenses incurred because of the delay. I had to pay double the money for my new flights at the airport, last minute flights. Apparently it covers not much!! Even when it says it covers missing flight... your reason probably is not on their list! What a waste!!

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerOn a clear day, you can see the 'Black Stump' from here......

Easy online travel incurance

Online Travel Insurance made this aspect of our trip very easy and quick!
We felt the premium was very good value for the cover we got, compared to other Insurance sites. Their premium cover was less than some basic covers offered by others, so OTI will be our only choice next time we travel, as I have done all the comparison work already!
As far as Customer Service is concerned, I can't really comment too much on that aspect, as I never needed to make use of that part of their business. Which is a good thing really, as we only buy Travel Insurance for peace-of-mind, hoping not to make use of it.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Happy Customer

No worries Anthony, see you next time we travel

Best Priced Travel Insurance

Best priced comprehensive policy I could find.
It was easy to purchase online and policy was e-mailed quickly.
As you would hope with insurance I didn't have to make a claim so I can't offer an opinion on making a claim.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Craig, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

See all Online Travel Insurance reviews

David

Davidasked

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Permanent Disability$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Optional, up to $10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not Included