Darryl

DarrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel insurance claim

Yes good value.
Just hard to be 100% sure about the policy until you lodge a claim and you go through that process but all good from taking out the policy and cost and what is offers

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Darryl! Regards, Anthony.

Claude Goddard

Claude GoddardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was good to be covered

Was good value, very easy to set up though internet. Fortunately we did not need to use the policy, so I cannot comment if they are effective in resolving claims.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Claude, hope you had a great trip! Regards, Anthony.

Brian

BrianBallarat

Good value insurance

Hi, I have used online travel insurance on all of my recent trips and find this company very good value for money, I had occasion to lodge a claim on a trip in 2012 and found the process easy and that it was dealt with professionally and efficiently, credit where it’s due, satisfied customer.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Brian! Regards, Anthony.

Lauren V

Lauren VPerth, WA

Well-priced policy for peace of mind

This is the second time I have used Online Travel Insurance for a holiday. Happily, I had no need to make a claim, but knowing I had coverage while I was travelling Europe was a huge relief. I was impressed with the pricing for my cover and will definitely use them again when I next travel.

DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Lauren! Regards, Anthony.

Amy

AmyPerth, WA

Basic affordable cover

Most affordable I could find glad I shopped around. Basic cover for a 9 day trip for peace of mind - $65 for 2 adults. Unlimited medical - basic dental and basic luggage.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Amy, glad to hear you were happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic - easy claim process

I took out comprehensive cover for myself, husband and toddler. When completing the medical section, my husband had a few conditions that wouldn't be covered, but we decided to proceed with it anyway as it was so cheap ($90) and seemed to cover quite a lot.
My toddler ended up getting sick, resulting in a hospital admission the night before our flights, so we had to cancel our trip.
I found the claims process very easy and straightforward, and it was approved within a couple of weeks. We received all our accommodation and flight expenses back, minus a $200 excess. I would definitely use Online Travel Insurance again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Holly, sorry to hear about the trip but glad to hear we were able to help out. Regards, Anthony.

Lorraine MIllawarra, NSW

All good until you need to step outside the square!

I take out an annual travel policy each year and this year decided to try Online Travel Insurance. Policy is due to expire the day before I return to Australia so I asked them to extend it by one day for which I was willing to pay. The customer service guy was not willing to help me in any way because his computer would ‘not allow this’. I asked to speak to his supervisor to which he replied the supervisor would contact me within 24 hours. This hasn’t happened nor has a reply to my email sent over a week ago.
Last time I will be using this company due to there complete lack of customer service!!

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Lorraine, I'll be in touch with more information. Regards, Anthony.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Insurance is reasonable but good luck contacting them when overseas

Tried to contact you from Phuket when our flight was cancelled and numbers provided did not work. Got a friend to call on our behalf from Australia at 8.10 pm and got the our office is shut recording. Travel Insurance requires a 24 hour helpline.

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager
Mcscootie101

Mcscootie101Perth, WA

Its Insurance, you need it

Didnt want to pay for insurance but you need it to travel. Never claimed. They probably would have an excuse to pay out if i did like, all insurance companies. Chose this one because its cheap. Just like banks, they are there to rip us all off. Would use again...thankyou

Claim MadeNo

Affordable and value for money

Online Travel Insurance was provided highly affordable travel cover that was good value for money for my holiday. The travel policy was easy to access and purchase online. I will definitely consider Online Travel Insurance in the future and highly recommended it to others.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Damien, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

MChambers3809

MChambers3809Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Need it didnt use it

Knowing that we had this affordable insurance was there , made the holiday a holiday if something goes wrong were covered.Being able to do all the activities we wanted to do.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony.

M Jones

M JonesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick trip to USA

Haven't used before but will again. The insurance was Quick and Easy to organise. Will use again when I go overseas and would expect the same reliable service. Online service very helpful for busy people.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi, hope your trip to the United States was great, and thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

Marc Ingram

Marc IngramNorthern Region, NSW

Affordable piece of mind, I will definately be taking this policy with me next time I leave the country. It makes your holiday so much more relaxing. Thanks for being with me.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Marc, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Kay V

Kay VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thailand family holiday

Having such great opportunities during our holiday was wonderful, but better knowing we were covered for all things, should anything happen. Our policy was great value and very easy to set up online. No claims were needed as all was very smooth travelling. We have used Online Travel Insurance now about three times.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Kay! Regards, Anthony.

Great Value Travel Insurance

Online Travel Insurance offered the best value and policy plan for our holiday.
It was very easy to choose the right cover and purchase online.
They offered a 10% discount off as well which was great.
Will definitely buy from them again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Esa! Regards, Anthony.

Peace of mind

We found the policy was affordable and covered everything that we needed for our seven week trip. We had no trouble with applying and paying for it online. Apart from a two hour delay on one of our flights our trip went so smoothly that we didn’t need to make a claim. We would highly recommend On Line Travel Insurance to anyone that needs peace of mind whilst travelling.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for recommending us Dawn! Regards, Anthony.

value for money

I have been using this company for the third times. Touch wood doesn't need to claim anything. But it's worth being covered. I will be using this company for any of my trips.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Ravi. Regards, Anthony.

shui

shuiPerth, WA

Never ever use again

lodge a claim as my mobile phone was stolen and was rejected for some stupid reasons. Mobile phone was left on the table and was advise tht I did not look after it properly, a police report was made and I do not know what other evidence they need

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hello Shui, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

April B.

April B.Perth, WA

Travel Insurance made easy

The policy I purchased was perfect. It was affordable and consisted of everything that I required. It was so eay to set up and purchase. Thank goodness I didn't have to use it, but it was definitely peace of mind knowing it was there.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hell April, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceptional Value for Money

Went online to find a better value for money insurance cover than my usual insurer and discovered Online Travel Insurance. Got the same cover for half the cost. Will return.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Chris, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

David

Davidasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.

Phil T.asked

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

Victor Tran

Victor Tranasked

Travel Insurance - Basic Plan

If my destination as below :
Travelling to
Vietnam; France; Italy; Germany; Netherlands; Lao People's Democratic
Republic; Taiwan, Province of China; Philippines
Regions covered in
Europe; Asia; Pacific; New Zealand; Australia

Does it mean if I visit Thailand or England and need insurance cover, I still eligible for it since Regions covered states : "Regions covered in Europe; Asia."

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Victor, please call 1800 010 078 to discuss as I can't give advice in this forum. Regards, Anthony

Get an answer from our members and Online Travel Insurance representatives

Online Travel Insurance - Essentials Plan

Online Travel Insurance - Essentials Plan

Online Travel Insurance - Basic Plan

Online Travel Insurance - Basic Plan

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1800 010 0781800 010 0781800 010 0781800 010 0781800 010 078
Address310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia
Email Address enquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not CoveredUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$15,000$15,000$15,000Not IncludedNot Included
Emergency DentalNot Included$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeksNot IncludedNot Included
Resumption of Journey $3,000$3,000$3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$15,000$15,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250$250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hoursNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$10,000$10,000$5,000Not Included
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Not Included
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included