Online Travel Insurance

Online Travel Insurance (page 2 of 42)

Comprehensive, Basic, Essentials, etc...
Listing monitored by Online Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (11)
Messyhair
MessyhairGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy peasy

Easy to buy. Good price. Liked being welcomed home by email! Thanks. Did not have to lodge claim, so interaction was purely online without any dramas. First time as customer.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's great to hear! Thanks for the review.

mick
mickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple to use

I travel overseas three times a year and always purchase travel insurance for medial peace of mind. Out of 30 plus trips I have never made a claim. This time on a trip to Indonesia I got Bali belly. I went to the doctors kept all receipts and lodged them online on returning home. Wow, I had my money back in 24hrs WOW.
You never know good travel insurance is until you have to use it. In this case, they were great.

Thank you.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Thanks so much for sharing your claim experience Mick! Regards, Tegan

Patrick
PatrickSydney, NSW

Very Disappointing ! Definition of a relative obscured in the fine print!

After contacting Online Travel Insurance when our 37 year old NIECE was tragically killed in a car accident, only to informed their definition of a relative stops short of our extended family . Our daughter is one of 18 nieces and nephews!
So needless to say when we had to cancel our holiday and return to Australia - we lost a significant amount of money because we had to reschedule flights and were unable to keep hotel accommodation bookings.

This was extremely disappointing and clearly had a significant financial strain at a time when w were griving our loss.

Charitha
CharithaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

As for the price paid it's good value but didn't had option to put emergency contact number. And also due to flight resheduled I rang them and inquired my options but felt like they just needed my money and customer service is very bad.
All in all, don't recommend to anyone.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Charitha, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. Is there anything at all I can do to assist or has this now been resolved? Kind regards, Tegan

Jeffck9
Jeffck9Western Australia

Peace of Mind

A cheap and easy to set up travel insurance that gives peace of mind should there be an emergency and knowing that it's backed by a company with a solid reputation.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's great to hear! Thanks Jeff.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Bill
BillSydney, NSW

Rip off worst company ever did not honor claim don't waste your money deceiving never again so annoyed terrible comp.

Frederick S.
Frederick S.Perth, WA

SCAM did not deliver as promised. Very BAD.

Janet Firth
Janet FirthFar North Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

This policy is very easy to set up and I feel a fir price for waht's offered..
I've used this policy a few times now and, although I've never had to make a claim, I'll continue to use it.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Janet, and we look forward to insuring you on your next trip!

Mrs C
Mrs CSydney, NSW

Just perfect

Just perfect for a short journey with basic coverage needed at a great price. It was very easy to set up using the online portal and very quick as well.

Thanks for the nice feedback! Regards, Tegan

Lulu
LuluVictoria

Good value and easy to set up

It was my first time using Online Travel Insurance. It is user friendly very easy to fill in the form and good value for money. I wont
hesitate to use them again

Thanks for the review Lulu! Regards, Tegan

Very bad

Online insurance billed me from my credit card without actually creating a policy! I had to request a refund of my money, which would take 7-10 days. How is it possible to bill me without creating a policy?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Marc, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Has this been resolved or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

Not good

No longer insurance needed so I requested for a refund according to cooling off policy
Contacted them and supposed to receive a response in 23 hours which I never did receive

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Zara, I'm sorry to hear that - I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Zara
Zara

Hi Tegan,
I have not received a message yet

ADW
ADWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Weird gender default

We didn't have to use this policy, but I did have very good experience talking to the help desk when I had to sort some admin out. But... I am female, and booked to cover my male travelling partner and myself. I am the primary user noted. The email address is mine. I paid. I'm also older. Yet every email I got was addressed to my male partner. We have different surnames and my title is 'Ms'. I don't know why in this day and age such a default exists, but it's a touch belittling and a little off-putting for next time.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks so much for the feedback and for bringing this to our attention. I agree with you - that's not cool! I will investigate to see what's happened here and let you know what I find out. Kind regards, Tegan

Sam C
Sam CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Streamlined Experience.

Didnt have to use it but experience with OTI was very easy and simple. Good value for what you get. Usually use these guys every time I travel. Good rates.

Thanks for the review Sam! Regards, Tegan

Richard
RichardMid West, WA

Not required - but Comforting to know it was there

Value for length/duration and destination was very good 'value for money'.
Caught in a big typhoon most of the time in Philippines and developed heavy chest infection (my wife got a bit sick but was probably somewhat acclimatised to conditions (although now 10yr Australian citizen).

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Sorry to hear you ran into a few problems on your trip Richard. But thank you for the kind words re our value for money. Regards, Tegan

MBH
MBHSydney Surrounds, NSW

Going to Bali for Schoolies - Now feel safe

Easy online - great value - I feel very safe and secure knowing that I am insured - Going to Bali for Schoolies - hoping I dont have to claim - my parents very happy that I am insured.

Thanks for the review and I hope you have an amazing time at Schoolies! Tegan

Isabelle P.
Isabelle P.Sydney, NSW

Easy to set up & affordable

Third time purchasing this travel insurance. Super easy to set up. All done online. Unable to comment on the claim process as never ended up lodging a claim (lucky me)!

Thanks for the review Isabelle! Regards, Tegan

Mike
MikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect

Online Travel Insurance was recommended to me by friends that I trust. Their offer was very clear and precise, so it was easy to imagine a situation that the insurance would be needed. Fortunately, we did not any assistance, but it helped us the have peace of mind during our, extended holiday.

DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Mike, thanks for your review. Great to hear of your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back as a customer. -Online Travel Insurance

Joeltravel
JoeltravelPerth, WA

Great, easy and stress free.

Application was easy to complete and all correspondence was very prompt. Luckily did not have to lodge a claim while overaseas but great to have the piece of mind of the comprehensive cover. Would recommend and will be using them again for any future trips.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Great to hear of your positive experience, andthanks for your review, Joel!

Graeme Healy
Graeme HealyCentral Queensland, QLD

Good value and safe in the knowledge that it's there if I need it

I did not need to make a claim but felt comfortable with it.The policy was very easy to set up. I took it out online and having it made me feel secure

Hi Graeme, thanks for your feedback. Great to hear! - Online Travel Insurance

Milliegate
MilliegateGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

worth it just knowing your covered

this is the 2nd trip we have used OTI, was one of the cheapest we found, very simple to sign up & pay. Such a reassurance knowing you have it. One of our group became ill & had 3 nights in Shanghai hospital, blood test, ultra sounds, urine & multiple other tests. all up $15k. We haven't any experience claiming from OTI

Thanks for the review! Regards, Tegan

Ingy Pingy
Ingy PingyPerth, WA

Good value for money

Doing the comparison with other policies it was easy to set up. We did not have to claim so unable to make any further comments with regards to the process.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Kind regards, Tegan

Good value insurance

Good value product. Peace of mind when travelling with insurance cover. Online travel insurance offers very competitive pricing on their policies. Have used them in the past but so far havent made any claims. Easy to get a policy online.

Thanks for the review Benny! Regards, Tegan

Darren
DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always seems to be the best cover for a great price.

Good value. Has more cover for less than other companies.

Fortunately we hav never had to make a claim.

Used online insurance many times before, always seems the best value all round.

Thanks for the review Darren! Regards, Tegan

Under 18 travel insurance

One of very few insurance policies that made it easy to purchase for an under 18 year old travelling without an adult. Easy to review costs, including the must have snow cover for a European winter. Best value that I could find.

DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Kiki, so glad to hear we were able to assist you, and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Europe! Kind regards, Tegan

Barry Barnett
Barry Barnettasked
Online Travel Insurance

I booked and paid for a holiday from company A. Their advertisement showed the number of nights in each city, but did not name the hotel we were to stay with. As it turns out company A engaged company B to lock in and paid for our accommodation. On paper, all good. However, company B went into liquidation, now company A wants us to bear the cost for new accommodation. Can this be right? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Barry, give us a call on 1800 010 078 and we'd be happy to assist with any enquiries you have. Kind regards, Tegan

David
Davidasked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.
Phil T.asked
Online Travel Insurance

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

See all Online Travel Insurance questions

Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot Included24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot Included$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$5,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included