Online Travel Insurance

Online Travel Insurance (page 3 of 52)

Comprehensive, Basic, Essentials, etc...

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (6), 1-2 weeks (5), 1-2 months (5), 2-4 weeks (4) and 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (11)
MBH

MBHSydney Surrounds, NSW

Going to Bali for Schoolies - Now feel safe

Easy online - great value - I feel very safe and secure knowing that I am insured - Going to Bali for Schoolies - hoping I dont have to claim - my parents very happy that I am insured.

Thanks for the review and I hope you have an amazing time at Schoolies! Tegan

Isabelle P.

Isabelle P.Sydney, NSW

Easy to set up & affordable

Third time purchasing this travel insurance. Super easy to set up. All done online. Unable to comment on the claim process as never ended up lodging a claim (lucky me)!

Thanks for the review Isabelle! Regards, Tegan

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect

Online Travel Insurance was recommended to me by friends that I trust. Their offer was very clear and precise, so it was easy to imagine a situation that the insurance would be needed. Fortunately, we did not any assistance, but it helped us the have peace of mind during our, extended holiday.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Mike, thanks for your review. Great to hear of your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back as a customer. -Online Travel Insurance

Joeltravel

JoeltravelPerth, WA

Great, easy and stress free.

Application was easy to complete and all correspondence was very prompt. Luckily did not have to lodge a claim while overaseas but great to have the piece of mind of the comprehensive cover. Would recommend and will be using them again for any future trips.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Great to hear of your positive experience, andthanks for your review, Joel!

Graeme Healy

Graeme HealyCentral Queensland, QLD

Good value and safe in the knowledge that it's there if I need it

I did not need to make a claim but felt comfortable with it.The policy was very easy to set up. I took it out online and having it made me feel secure

Hi Graeme, thanks for your feedback. Great to hear! - Online Travel Insurance

Milliegate

MilliegateGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

worth it just knowing your covered

this is the 2nd trip we have used OTI, was one of the cheapest we found, very simple to sign up & pay. Such a reassurance knowing you have it. One of our group became ill & had 3 nights in Shanghai hospital, blood test, ultra sounds, urine & multiple other tests. all up $15k. We haven't any experience claiming from OTI

Thanks for the review! Regards, Tegan

Ingy Pingy

Ingy PingyPerth, WA

Good value for money

Doing the comparison with other policies it was easy to set up. We did not have to claim so unable to make any further comments with regards to the process.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Kind regards, Tegan

Good value insurance

Good value product. Peace of mind when travelling with insurance cover. Online travel insurance offers very competitive pricing on their policies. Have used them in the past but so far havent made any claims. Easy to get a policy online.

Thanks for the review Benny! Regards, Tegan

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always seems to be the best cover for a great price.

Good value. Has more cover for less than other companies.

Fortunately we hav never had to make a claim.

Used online insurance many times before, always seems the best value all round.

Thanks for the review Darren! Regards, Tegan

Under 18 travel insurance

One of very few insurance policies that made it easy to purchase for an under 18 year old travelling without an adult. Easy to review costs, including the must have snow cover for a European winter. Best value that I could find.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Kiki, so glad to hear we were able to assist you, and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Europe! Kind regards, Tegan

Red Curl

Red CurlCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disappointed

Due to taking out the cover in January after booking flights to Denpasar. Due to no fault of mine the airline cancelled my original flight and was given no option but to fly to my destination a day earlier. I contacted your office to amend my initial policy and was told that I had to take out a new policy to make the amendment for the date change and that the policy that I took out had been amended and did not have the same cover. I explained to the customer service person that I was not to blame for the cancellation and to top it off had to pay an additional fee. I felt that there was no understanding of the change, didn't even say we will look into it. Very disappointing.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. I will get in touch via private message to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Katie

KatieSydney, NSW

Super easy to deal with & great coverage

Great value, will use again. We didn’t need to claim but these guys were super easy to deal with & price was very competitive. We only booked the day before travel & all was sorted in 25 mins

Thanks for the review Katie! Kind regards, Tegan

This is perfect. It is my first choice online travel insurance.

I have been using this online trave insurance for over 10 years. In term of the contents and cost, it is customers friendly, practical and easy to access. I recommend to all my friends to use this insurance all the time.

Thanks for the recommendation Wanda! Kind regards, Tegan

Cover is great for the price

The policy was easy to set up and appeared good value compared to other policies at a similar price. Lodging an existing condition was also very easy in the online set up process. It was reassuring to receive telephone numbers to contact the insurance company from lots of different countries so I knew in advance exactly how to contact them for help. I didn’t need to make any claim so can’t comment on that part of the process. I will definitely consider again for future travel insurance needs.

Thanks so much for all the great feedback Shelly! Regards, Tegan

Jenny O

Jenny OVictoria

Best Value Travel Insurance

The policy was very good value and easy to set up. I fortunately did not need to lodge a claim. This is the first time I have used this company but if they remain competitive I will use them again in the future.

Thanks for your feedback Jenny! Regards, Tegan

Ghassan Z.

Ghassan Z.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Travel Insurance.

Great value,lodged a claim to have a Medical procedure overseas ,it was given a guarantee of payment within 48 hours, out of pocket expenses recieved into my account 18 days .

That's so good to hear! Thanks for the review Ghassan. Regards, Tegan

Craig Smith

Craig Smith

Great value insurance

Policy was great value and very easy to setup online.
Luckily I didn’t need to claim, but always felt confident that I had the insurance there just in case.
I have used this insurance twice now and will be taking out further policies in the future.

Thanks for the review Craig! Regards, Tegan

Peace of mind health/wise

Easy to set up and pay ... good value for a 2 week holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia when really only needed health cover.. first time user but will use again

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the good feedback on our purchasing process and value for money Trish! Regards, Tegan

Kerry L.

Kerry L.South West, WA

Extremely easy to set up. Answer a few simple questions online. Very cost effective. Thankfully have not had to make a claim but would expect the claim process to be as trouble free as the set up process. Have used before and will use again.
Recommended.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Wow, you've made our day with this great review! Thanks Kerry. Kind regards, Tegan

Lynne

LynneDarwin

So easy

Thanks Lynne!

See all Online Travel Insurance reviews

Barry Barnett

Barry Barnettasked

Online Travel Insurance

I booked and paid for a holiday from company A. Their advertisement showed the number of nights in each city, but did not name the hotel we were to stay with. As it turns out company A engaged company B to lock in and paid for our accommodation. On paper, all good. However, company B went into liquidation, now company A wants us to bear the cost for new accommodation. Can this be right? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Barry, give us a call on 1800 010 078 and we'd be happy to assist with any enquiries you have. Kind regards, Tegan

David

Davidasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.

Phil T.asked

Online Travel Insurance

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

Get an answer from our members and Online Travel Insurance representatives

Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot Included24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot Included$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$5,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$1,000,000A$1,000,000A$1,000,000A$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included