Online Travel Insurance

Online Travel Insurance (page 4 of 52)

Comprehensive, Basic, Essentials, etc...

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (11)
Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Feel like secure with travel insurance

Feel like secure with travel insurance Good value, and easy to set up I did not any claim.2 times I insured with online travel insurance.I highly recommended to every body.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Matt! Regards, Anthony.

Deb

DebMid North Coast, NSW

Great Value & Service

Second time with OTI (incl Adventure pack) as the best value & product covered our needs
Online system is easy to use. Policies are easy to understand and reference what is covered
First time we needed make a claim (damaged camera) online lodgement was easy. Had a reply same day & reimbursed within 3 days. Thanks OTI, happy customer

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Deb, Regards, Anthony.

Terrible experience

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

Excellent experience

I’ve never had to make a claim before in my many years of travelling but this time I did. I was worried the process would be difficult and require much back and forth. However, what I experienced was an easy online process which concluded favourably within a few days. I will definitely be using these guys again next time I travel.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Pat, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Solomon

Solomon

Travel with peace of mind

The policy I purchased was good value for money easy and quick
First time using your company also it was good to know that anything happens you there to assist

Hi Solomon, thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony

Stephanie

StephanieSydney, NSW

Great value!!!

Very good value for money, compared to other travel insurance companies. I highly recommend Online Travel Insurance, and will definitely be going with them again.
Very happy with their service

Thanks Stephanie! Regards, Anthony

Breaking own policies!!!!

Thought when I lodged my claim it would be simple! Water damaged phone on holidays in Thailand. I provided all documentation and waited out my 10 business day outcome. I call at 1pm on the 10th business day to be told they havent looked at it yet but someone will get to you today before 8pm. Already disgusted i called at 645pm to see if I should start replacing my phone to hear a recording to call between business hours! I have not had a phone or been contactable by work friends or family for two weeks now!! This is unacceptable after purchasing comprehensive cover!!

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hello Craig, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

Shani T.

Shani T.Sydney, NSW

I'm sorry. the customer service have no knowledge to help. they made me hold for several times.

did lodge a claim. but cannot claim anything. because it's not part of my product summary. n the lady took more than half an hour to explain me this. kept me holding again and again and asking me the same question

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hello Shani, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Disappointing

DisappointingSydney, NSW

Terrible Policy please read product disclosure statement you are not covered if your carrier cancels

This is the first time using this Insurer, I chose the Essentials Plan which advised in 'bold' cancellation was covered. The carrier cancelled the flight and I was left stranded overseas, this policy does not cover additional cost associated with having to get emergency alternate flights as it would suggest when purchasing. Very disappointing

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

Wayne

WayneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Like your passport, this is a must have!

Travelling overseas is exciting and full of discovery, but it also could present incidents or situations which cannot be expected or planned - like lost luggage through to hospital treatment. I have always travelled with security of a policy that is jam packed full of cover, and OTI offer this selection with an easy purchase process. This is my 4th trip using OTI! Fortunately I have not needed to make a claim. OTI are my preferred provider for travel insurance!

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Wayne! Regards, Anthony.

Darryl

DarrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel insurance claim

Yes good value.
Just hard to be 100% sure about the policy until you lodge a claim and you go through that process but all good from taking out the policy and cost and what is offers

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Darryl! Regards, Anthony.

Claude Goddard

Claude GoddardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was good to be covered

Was good value, very easy to set up though internet. Fortunately we did not need to use the policy, so I cannot comment if they are effective in resolving claims.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Claude, hope you had a great trip! Regards, Anthony.

Brian

BrianBallarat

Good value insurance

Hi, I have used online travel insurance on all of my recent trips and find this company very good value for money, I had occasion to lodge a claim on a trip in 2012 and found the process easy and that it was dealt with professionally and efficiently, credit where it’s due, satisfied customer.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Brian! Regards, Anthony.

Lauren V

Lauren VPerth, WA

Well-priced policy for peace of mind

This is the second time I have used Online Travel Insurance for a holiday. Happily, I had no need to make a claim, but knowing I had coverage while I was travelling Europe was a huge relief. I was impressed with the pricing for my cover and will definitely use them again when I next travel.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks Lauren! Regards, Anthony.

Amy

AmyPerth, WA

Basic affordable cover

Most affordable I could find glad I shopped around. Basic cover for a 9 day trip for peace of mind - $65 for 2 adults. Unlimited medical - basic dental and basic luggage.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Amy, glad to hear you were happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic - easy claim process

I took out comprehensive cover for myself, husband and toddler. When completing the medical section, my husband had a few conditions that wouldn't be covered, but we decided to proceed with it anyway as it was so cheap ($90) and seemed to cover quite a lot.
My toddler ended up getting sick, resulting in a hospital admission the night before our flights, so we had to cancel our trip.
I found the claims process very easy and straightforward, and it was approved within a couple of weeks. We received all our accommodation and flight expenses back, minus a $200 excess. I would definitely use Online Travel Insurance again.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Holly, sorry to hear about the trip but glad to hear we were able to help out. Regards, Anthony.

Lorraine MIllawarra, NSW

All good until you need to step outside the square!

I take out an annual travel policy each year and this year decided to try Online Travel Insurance. Policy is due to expire the day before I return to Australia so I asked them to extend it by one day for which I was willing to pay. The customer service guy was not willing to help me in any way because his computer would ‘not allow this’. I asked to speak to his supervisor to which he replied the supervisor would contact me within 24 hours. This hasn’t happened nor has a reply to my email sent over a week ago.
Last time I will be using this company due to there complete lack of customer service!!

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Lorraine, I'll be in touch with more information. Regards, Anthony.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Insurance is reasonable but good luck contacting them when overseas

Tried to contact you from Phuket when our flight was cancelled and numbers provided did not work. Got a friend to call on our behalf from Australia at 8.10 pm and got the our office is shut recording. Travel Insurance requires a 24 hour helpline.

Mcscootie101

Mcscootie101Perth, WA

Its Insurance, you need it

Didnt want to pay for insurance but you need it to travel. Never claimed. They probably would have an excuse to pay out if i did like, all insurance companies. Chose this one because its cheap. Just like banks, they are there to rip us all off. Would use again...thankyou

Affordable and value for money

Online Travel Insurance was provided highly affordable travel cover that was good value for money for my holiday. The travel policy was easy to access and purchase online. I will definitely consider Online Travel Insurance in the future and highly recommended it to others.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Damien, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

See all Online Travel Insurance reviews

Barry Barnett

Barry Barnettasked

Online Travel Insurance

I booked and paid for a holiday from company A. Their advertisement showed the number of nights in each city, but did not name the hotel we were to stay with. As it turns out company A engaged company B to lock in and paid for our accommodation. On paper, all good. However, company B went into liquidation, now company A wants us to bear the cost for new accommodation. Can this be right? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Barry, give us a call on 1800 010 078 and we'd be happy to assist with any enquiries you have. Kind regards, Tegan

David

Davidasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.

Phil T.asked

Online Travel Insurance

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

See all Online Travel Insurance questions

Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot Included24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot Included$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$5,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included