Oppo R9S

Oppo R9S (2016) (page 2 of 6)

4.3

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software
Karrina

KarrinaAuckland

Love it!

Bought a year ago while upgrading the Huawei. Oppo still operates like new. Never want another phone - it has made life so much easier from printing, fitness alarms, wifi heater...I have added a few apps & it still runs fast. Wasn't loaded with unnecessary apps, charges within an hour, games run fast, video/ photos very clear, Im not a techie so if you want reliable, easy, compatible with other devices then this is great. I got the glass screen protector which doesn't fit properly & my techie friends said I didn't need it. Love the screen size too

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Frank

FrankGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Mediocre phone with terrible software

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sri

SriAdelaide

Nice phone

Nice phone for reasonable price. All the great feature and best qualities in budget phone unlike otther expensive brands. Why pay high if you can get everything within reasonable price. Im am pretty much done with iphones and samsung. Overall very good mobile phone with all premium qualities and features.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Colin

ColinSouthwest, VIC

Good low cost phone with excellent battery & 4GB RAM and plenty storage

I have this unit as a work phone. The battery life and charge times are outstanding. The sound quality is fine, and the camera is OK for most things. Its android so plenty of Apps and the phone performs operations well. The OPPO software is a bit limited and needs to be improved before I would spend more on an OPPO than this device, but for all the standard uses of a phone its a really good buy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Bree

BreeMelbourne

Great value for money

Would highly recommend Oppo to anyone looking for a new phone. Whether your an Apple user or Android you will fin the operating system easy to get used to. They are also much cheaper than your big brand Android phones and Apple products. Haven't had any issues with speed, the fast charging option is great and the battery lasts.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Stopped working

Oppo R9s Sent for repair after 12 months they excepted repair as they said it had a charging issue after waiting 3 weeks we got it back and it was the same there is no change phone won’t work the repairer told my son now they don’t think they will except it again

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Chris O

Chris OMelbourne

Good value for money

Date PurchasedJan 2017
PerthResident

PerthResidentPerth, WA

Look its a decent phone, and it gets the job done.

I use this phone mainly to play a pretty graphic intensive online mobile game, and it handles it so well!
Does not overheat like my old iphone. Many People have complimented the camera (works best in decent light)
The rapid charge is so handy, plug it in for 15 mins and bang at 90%
Yes its got its Operating System glitches, but hey its cheap and its powerful and it works 95% of the time perfectly lol
One thing which does annoy me is when you connect to WiFi, sometimes it updates and App, WHILE YOU ARE USING THE APP :/

Lauren M

Lauren MMudjimba

Worse phone will not fix under warranty!

My phone was purchased in December 2017. About 6 weeks ago it decided to work intermittently. I took it in to get fixed and was told it would not be fixed due to severe water damage. This phone had NEVER been exposed to water. I believe that they are not built to withstand QLD humidity. Waste of money - do not buy!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Angry Cat

Angry CatPerth, WA

Rubbish Phone the Oppo, don't buy it

The most un user friendly phone I've ever purchased. Cannot add Android messages at all. Pathetic! The default message app they have is terrible. Cannot bulk delete and finding delete button is buried deep. Getting rid of, going back to Samsung. Was told it was just like a Samsung, you have got to be kidding.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

It's a good phone with gitches

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jason

JasonMid North Coast, NSW

Its a good little unit

Busted my last phones screen & got this Oppor9s to replace it, its a great little phone, easy to use, great features & is an awesome little phone for games, screen has a decent size isn't to big & dosnt look like your holding an I-pad while on the calls. Fits in the pocket well & so far touch wood, haven't had a glitch yet,

Avoid

I got this phone a few months ago and have found it increasingly frustrating to use - many of the core apps and functions keep glitching and quitting (maps, settings, etc), the alarm will randomly not go off when it is on, and it will go off when it's not set, and the keyboard doesn't remember your patterns of recent words like other models of phones do.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hoohoo

HoohooJunee

Excellent phone

Awesome phone at a fraction of the price of iPhone and Samsung's. Easy to use with many handy functions and apps. Uses Android. Nice hand fell of phone, not to fat or thin. Screen size awesome. Well made, has sustained many drops. Highly recommend getting a screen protector and case.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jodestar73

Jodestar73Queensland, Australia

Great Phone. Highly recommend

This phone is excellent. Super fast. Isn't glitchy. The charging is super quick and the three finger swipe for volume etc is so good. This phone is excellent for it's price. My.only issue was the camera in low light could be a bit blurgh. In daylight it was excellent though.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Bec

Bec

Best phone I have ever used!

Looks like an iPhone but runs on Android! It's smooth, fast and takes the best pictures with its 16mp front and rear cameras. The OPPO makes my instagram look great! It juggles multiple App's at once with a very responsive touch screen. There's great options to customise the home screen and a bunch of awesome widgets. I honestly love it.

Mal

Mal

Great value phone

Super good camera, both front and back. Easy to use Operating System. Slim design is nice. Unfortunately, the screen attracts a lot of dust, because of static. and the screen looks very vibrant for a 1080p display. The Fingerprint scanner works flawlessly and the phone is a pleasure to use.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Yee

YeeSydney

The Best Phone I've owned

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ares

Ares

Am alright phone for it's price

A very good, cheap phone with pretty good specs and a decent camera that actually ended up surprsing me with it's pictures. Only drawback is that it's will sometimes become slow due to its processor not being able to handle games but it's good for day to day performance. But it's good for it's price

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Josiah B

Josiah B

Excellent phone at a great price.

Had this phone for a couple of months now, its been awesome. Great battery life, VOOC fast charge lives up to its expectations, phone build quality is great (looks soo much like an iPhone). Good screen, great camera. Only negatives are that it doesn't have NFC and you cannot change the default messaging app like you could on other Oppo models.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

James

Jamesasked

When I got this phone I don't have an issue but now this phone have a bluetooth issue after while. Using a bluetooth earphone(LG), headphone(Yamaha) or car(Toyota Camry) I cannot hear the other end properly and The other end cannot hear me properly. The sound like from universe and disconnected. Then I have to fine a wired earphone. Anyone has any idea what is wrong?

One

Oneasked

How to turn off screen overlay from Oppo R9s?

Richard4646

I'm sorry I can't help, maybe thru settings or if you go to the Oppo website they might be something there

Taj M.
Taj M.

Why adroid phone ..message and cal can block ..pld remove tis frm the phone ...very urgent oso cant connect the person

Rafiuddin A

Rafiuddin Aasked

I am using this phone for almost 18 months.Oppo says it has dual sim but I can't use two sims. Only one sim is displayed. Any suggestions?

Richard4646

No I am sorry I can't help, think the way it's set would be if you travel overseas you can use the other sim on other networks, at least that is my understanding of it

Jackie
Jackie

Hi Rafiuddin, Sorry but I don't know. Have never tried to use the second one. I bought mine at Vodafone, and I go into their store with any problems, or Oppo are very good at answering emails and have solved some of my problems. Their email address is support@oppomobile.com.au

swaggie1
swaggie1

Have you inserted the second SIM card? You do this via the sim tray where the first one is. You can have 2 sims or one sim and one micro sd card.