Oppo Reno Z

Oppo Reno Z (2019)

MPN: CPH1979
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Oppo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Jaspreet
JaspreetSydney

I had to replace the phone twice as the wifi kept on dropping off. Oppo refused to take ownership.

Wifi was intermittent so replaced phone twice at Campbelltown store

Oppo advised to send phone in for repair which is not practical as I would be without a phone for applied 2 week's.

The purchase was no more than a month old.

Purchased in December 2020 for $500.00.

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Shannon H.
Shannon H.

Great value for money

Great camera for the price
The little tear drop where the selfie camera is over the screen can sometimes be annoying
Have had the phone for 6 months now and no problems so far
Could do with an ability to organise your apps better into folders

Purchased in December 2019 at Vodafone for $499.00.

Other Mobile Phones

AdrianBonython 2905, ACT

Great value for money

Needed a new phone and didn't want to pay $1000+. Features are as expected. Nothing startling it just works really well. Two things that I miss though.

1. Widgets. This may be my ignorance (not being into mobile phones) but on my previous, even cheaper phone I really liked using widgets (carry over from the old windows phone active tiles days) for things like online trading, email, world time, weather, etc. With this phone I don't seem to be able to see widgets. Not sure if its a new android thing with v10, an Oppo thing or something I need to enable.

2. Qi charging.

Neither are deal breakers for me. I like the build, speed, feel and the other specs.

I would recommend this product.

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $357.00.

Adrian

UPDATE I have worked out how to use widgets. :) I think I prefer the older system...just saying.

Happy customer
Happy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use Oppo phone

I like my Oppo phone. It does what I require and is easy to navigate. I love the large screen, amazing photos and bright flashlight. This is a great choice compared to expensive alternatives.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Mobile Phones

Find out how Oppo Reno Z compares to other Mobile Phones

Kamran
KamranMelbourne

Loved it

Been few months using this phone. couldn't be more happier. I was always a Samsung user so transition to another Android was smooth. The two big thing for me is the price of the phone and the on screen fingerprints.
The only problem is this phone is slightly bulkier than the phone I have used in past.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $449.00.

Phil Aitch
Phil AitchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Add a contact to the homepage? Can't be done!

Bought this phone after reading the great reviews. Tried to put my wife's phone as a contact on the homepage... shock horror, it can't be done. I contacted OPPO, and an embarrassed guy told me to install whatsapp to use a third party app to get around the inability to add contact to the homepage. I could do this on my 2015 Galaxy S5, but not on a 2020 'smartphone'? come on OPPO, try to join us in the 21st Century.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $449.00.

Danny.i
Danny.iSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good

I like everything on this phone, The colour is beautiful and has so many positives. The camera is great too. It does everything as good as the Samsung's it just is set out different.

Purchased in August 2019 at Vodafone for $600.00.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Is OPPO a good brand? We compared the top rated OPPO phones to competitors to find out

If you’re in the market for a new smartphone, OPPO is a budget brand offering handsets with a sleek appearance and low price tag. But are OPPO phones good quality, compared to an Apple iPhone or Samsung Galaxy? We set out to answer the question by looking at the best Oppo handsets under $800.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.12 June 2020
is-oppo-a-good-brand-we-compared-the-best-rated-oppo-phones-to-competitors-to-find-out
Top-rated personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the top wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose great personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
top-rated-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
sev01MELBOURNE

Oppo is an absolute garbage and the worst service, if can be called service, out of all the phone companies

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $600.00.

Other Mobile Phones

Phil
PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value

I purchased 2 phones for my wife and I and so far we are very happy with them. Easy to use, simple app operation, great storage capacity. The camera is pretty good, not as good as a top of the line phone of course but for the price we found the phone to have almost everything we needed. It also has NFC.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $400.00.

Mobile Phones

Find out how Oppo Reno Z compares to other Mobile Phones

goldcoastlady
goldcoastladyasked

Good morning how does this phone compare to the S9? Does it take a Nano Sim? thank you

Paul H
Paul H

I didn’t have to get a special sim. It takes the regular standard sim. It also will take a second sim, which is ideal when travelling. I don’t know anything about the S9.

Joseph
Joseph

I have an S9 currently and am planning to get a Reno Z. S9 is a good phone, has waterproof, wireless charging and stunning screen. However, Reno Z has larger storage space (8GB/128GB), bigger screen and battery. And yes, it takes dual nano sim cards

Wamuyu G.
Wamuyu G.asked

Hey I have recently installed a new software update at the beginning of August 2020. Unfortunately the phone doesn't seem to pick up the correct time zone for my location. Is this a common issue and how can I get back to the previous version of the software? Thanks

Mann
Mannasked

Hi, I had this Oppo Reno Z for 10 months. It worked well except a few freezing here and there . After update to colorOS 7, it keeps on lagging like hell and can't change ringtone to ringtone from Files... Have contacted Oppo but they asked to go Factory reset. Not keen to do it. Any other solution please?

CategoryMobile Phones
Battery Size4,035 mAh
Internal Storage128 GB
Memory (RAM)8 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)48 MP (Wide), 5 MP Depth Sensor