Reviewer Photos & Videos
The first ever phone that was worst than the previous one!
Firstly, it really wants to be an iPhone, with it's ColorOS system, which I found to be extremely annoying. Then there's the ringer which keeps going to silent because you pick the phone and gently press the volume up and camera buttons simultaneously. The accessibility settings which keep changing for no reason? I would not accept a gift of an oppo phone!
Purchased in September 2019 at Officeworks for $490.00.
I have been loyal to Oppo for years now, but this phone will be what sends me back to Samsung!
While the phone is great for the price, there's a few issues I have had over the last year of owning it.
Such as: the auto dimmer on the screen is absolutely ridiculous! It literally flicks between light and dark fifteen to twenty times in a matter of sixty seconds! It is by far the WORST and dumbest setting I've ever come across.
Also, the camera quality is great outside but shocking indoors. No matter the setting, no matter if flash is on, the photos are pathetic.
If you're not after a quality phone, just something to get the job done, then this phone is for you. If you want quality pictures inside and also don't want the frustration of having to manually adjust your screen brightness, then go back to samsung or iphone.
Purchased in January 2020 for $899.00.
Good for the Price
I’ve had mine for a bit over a year and bought it primarily because of the dual sim, as I was heading to Europe and wanted to use a local sim but still be able to receive calls from home. It did the things I wanted it to do and was reliable. The camera is ok outside, but seems to be less effective now. More recently there have been connectivity problems with my car, both with Bluetooth and Android Play. Neither work now after being unreliable for months. There are also cracks on the screen. I also found that it is easy inadvertently switch off the ringer. Despite this, for its main uses it’s good value.
Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.
7\10 being nice!!
beautiful vibrant shell that is instantly hidden by the dark coloured rubber protective cover provided with your phone. Hiding a big part of why I purchased the phone to begin with. It has a Few screen glitch's that often occur randomly, in the notification bar, e.G: over lapping of notifications making it impossible to read time at top or it shows icons as open when really shut, things like nfc, and headphones, ect...Great storage, easy to use generally speaking! Had a fantastic camera, for a short while, now takes a miserable one. My phone is about 4 months old never dropped or damaged but has more then it's share of faults.
Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $399.00.
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Find out how Oppo Reno Z compares to other Mobile Phones
Know better, choose better.
Only had phone for a few months and keeps freezing up on home screen..like 3 x before an app will open. Tried reboot but does not fix it. Very annoying.
Purchased in December 2019.
Poor user interface and customisation on some basic features
Bought my phone in Oct 2019. I've had a month playing around with it, trying to customise certain basic settings and finding it very unintuitive or not being able to customise it at all.
Thankfully their customer support is helpful, but still it's a poor experience and wouldn't recommend buying this phone, especially since I've had to reset the phone a couple of times to get the basic settings right. The running list of issues I encountered are:
1. I want to enlarge the font size of the battery percentage on the top right corner of phone. Not...able to do so and so it's hard to tell. 2. I've disabled most of my notification settings on my oppo Reno z, yet I keep getting the sound and vibration very regularly, a few minutes apart from each other, but nothing is showing in the notification window, nor are my applications having any notices coming in. Super annoying especially when I'm trying to sleep at night. Customer support advised me to reset my system settings, so wasted more time in trying to customise the apps again but it worked this time. 3. I found the default alarm clock to be very soft in volume. Instead of having the alarm volume being easily accessible in the alarm clock app (which is also where you select your alarm tone), I had to do a runaround by going to settings > sound and vibration > change alarm volume. Really??? It made me nervous in relying on the default alarm and have since downloaded other alarm apps as backups too, as they are more user friendly in setting up.
Purchased in October 2019.
Oppo Reno Z - the little things build up
The Colour OS needs a lot of work. Such as;
- when choosing to 'Select' your contacts the ONLY option given is to 'Batch' Delete.
- can't 'link' contacts
- no ability to choose where contacts are saved. ie: phone, google or sim card.
- unclear what the OS is programmed to do when merging contacts.
SMS & MMS:
- can't 'lock' msgs to ensure you dont accidentally delete them
- doesn't let you move msgs from 'blocked' list....
Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $499.00.
Questions & Answers
Good morning how does this phone compare to the S9? Does it take a Nano Sim? thank you
I didn’t have to get a special sim. It takes the regular standard sim. It also will take a second sim, which is ideal when travelling. I don’t know anything about the S9.
I have an S9 currently and am planning to get a Reno Z. S9 is a good phone, has waterproof, wireless charging and stunning screen. However, Reno Z has larger storage space (8GB/128GB), bigger screen and battery. And yes, it takes dual nano sim cards
Hey I have recently installed a new software update at the beginning of August 2020. Unfortunately the phone doesn't seem to pick up the correct time zone for my location. Is this a common issue and how can I get back to the previous version of the software? Thanks
Hi, I had this Oppo Reno Z for 10 months. It worked well except a few freezing here and there . After update to colorOS 7, it keeps on lagging like hell and can't change ringtone to ringtone from Files... Have contacted Oppo but they asked to go Factory reset. Not keen to do it. Any other solution please?
Get an answer from our members
|Features||3.5mm Headphone Jack|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Aurora Purple/Jet Black|
|Dimensions||157.3 x 74.9 x 74.9 mm|
|Pixel Density||402 ppi|
|Screen Resolution||2340 x 1080 pixels|
|Chipset||Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90|
|Battery Size||4,035 mAh|
|Internal Storage||128 GB|
|Memory (RAM)||8 GB|
|Max Video Resolution||2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)|
|Rear Camera(s)||48 MP (Wide), 5 MP Depth Sensor|
|Front Camera(s)||32 MP Standard|
|Release date||May 2019|
- GTIN13: 6944284645288, 6944284645295 and 6944284645301
- MPN: CPH1979
Other Mobile Phones
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.