48 questions from our users

Victor

Victorasked

OPSM Retail Stores

How do I post a follow up to initial review?

Good Morning Victor

Ashleigh S.

Ashleigh S.asked

OPSM

Hi I have just done my eye test in store and ordered my glasses on Tuesday on the receipt it says glasses expected to be in 18th to the 20th of March that is a very long wait just wanting to know is there a possibility of them coming sooner or will they be ready for collection between the dates on the receipt as I'm really needing my glasses

Good afternoon

Yes it will be between that time frame, usually 7-10 business days or can take longer if script is more tricky.

Kim

Kimasked

OPSM Retail Stores

Can you tell me why my history of purchases at opsm stores is not available to all stores? With COVID it is not as easy to visit previous stores. I was told yesterday that it could not be looked up.

Good Morning Kim

Thanks for your query I am sorry that the store was having difficulty accessing your purchase history from other stores, this is something our team are currently working in fixing at the moment. We will pass your feedback on and also follow up on when the central data base will be accessible again for our stores. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will definitely look at how we can make this easier in future for customers.

Chc06asked

Hi OPSM
Is the price of bluegard lenses ( prescription 1.49) differ in each and every retail stores of OPSM?

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out to us :)

No, the price of lenses is standard across all our stores. Any difference in a quoted price is most likely related to whether the team member has quoted the traditional lens option or a digital lens option. With a traditional lens design, your unaltered prescription is ground across the entire lens. A digital lens uses newer technology to slightly alter the prescription around the edge of the lens using specific measurements that take into account the distance between your eye and the furthest point of the lens to improve your peripheral vision. If the team member has given you a quick-quote with this lens option there will be a $50 difference in price, but the choice is yours of course :)

I'm so sorry for any confusion or miscommunication. Please feel free to get back in touch if I can help you further!

Warm regards,

Peter J.
Peter J.

Waiting for my glasses come Back

Hi Peter

Have your contacted the store directly to check if they have received the glasses from the lab? Alternatively you can PM us your contact number and store you visited so we can chase this up for you?

Chc06asked

Hi
Can I know the price of single vision plastic bluegard lenses for 1.49 prescription?

Hi there!

For a pair of single vision lenses made in the 1.49 index material with Blueguard, you are looking at $300 before any discounts. This price includes the Invisibles Ultra coating, which makes the lenses anti-reflective and provides protection from UVA and UVB light from the sun (as opposed to blue light from computer screens and other artificial light sources, which is what the Blueguard filter helps to block). If you like, we can remove the Invisibles Ultra coating (which would reduce the price by $130) but it's generally not recommended.

There are a few other options available to you as well relating to how the prescription is ground into the lens to give you the best vision in the peripheral areas of the lenses. One of our store team members will be happy to help you out if you want more information or pricing regarding this option.

I hope this is helpful! Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions or need me to clarify anything for you. I'm available on the OPSM Facebook via direct message too if you want to have a chat about anything :)

Hi
Thank you very much for your answer.
I just noticed in OPSM website bluegard is only $50.
Also antireflective coating may be onother addition like blue guard.
Can you please let me know just plastic lenses with blugrad only price?

Chc06

Also how discounts work? Is it different from store to store ?
Could you please let me know how much I'll get as a discount approximately?
For a plastic lense with bluegard,I can't afford antireflective coating.

IAuasked

OPSM Retail Stores

I had eyes test today at Parramatta Westfields. After the test I was charged $60. It says P1025 Ultra Wide DRS, what is that? It is my eligible annual test. Why should I be charged this $60. Looking forward to a refund.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi there! Our standard eye tests are bulk-billed to Medicare but any scans or digital imagery have an additional cost. The Ultra Wide DRS is a digital scan that the optometrist takes to get a detailed view of the back of your eye. The scan allows them to closely examine your retina and check if there are any blood vessel abnormalities which may suggest an eye disease. The optometrist will recommend this if you have a history of diabetes, high eye pressures or any other eye health condition. Please send us a private message with your contact details if you'd like us to get the store to give you a call to discuss.

OPSM Customer Support Team

IAu

The optometrist should clearly tell the client that the scans cost money and let the client decide. What is the email account to send OPSM a private message?

Customer SupportOPSM

It absolutely should have been made very clear to you that there was a charge and I'm very sorry for the miscommunication.

Please send me your full name and contact details to customercare@opsm.com.au and I will follow up with the store team ASAP.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Sarmita Vatoveyasked

OPSM Retail Stores

Yesterday I left OPSM Pacific Plaza Maroochydore physically shaken from embarrassment and rudeness that was completely unnecessary. The new, top of the range, lenses made for my existing glasses did not fit the frames and I was loudly admonished in front of staff and other customers as for the reason they did not fit was because I didnt purchase the frames at their store. I pleaded that I had purchased them there. When found that indeed they were purchased there. No apology! My husband and I have spent $1000's over the years as loyal customers. Now another wait of 2 to 3 weeks for the glasses I spend most of the day wearing as they were taken from me to be sent away.

Hi Sarmita,

I am so sorry for the negative experience you received at OPSM Maroochydore. I will follow this up immediately with the Store Manager. Please send us a private message if you'd like to provide further information.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I hope that we can improve your experience in the future.

Joshua W.

Joshua W.asked

OPSM

Where are glasses made fir opsm NZ, been told sydney but also been told Hong Kong. ?

Hello Joshua

Thanks for your query. It can be either as once jobs are entered in the system, the lab will determine which facility it will go to depending on the job.

Libetto

Libettoasked

Hi
Just wondering how many times I can exchange frames I’ve exchanged twice but am still unhappy with the frames as they’re too narrow and hurt my head to the point of headaches

Hello

Please see below link to answer your query.

DavidMasked

OPSM

Hi. I have purchased two pairs of glasses and one pair is fine but I am not happy with the other pair and would like to exchange them. I would like to know the definition of date of purchase. Is it the date on which I ordered the glasses or is it the date on which I collected them?
Thanks.

Hi DavidM,

It is the date on which you collected.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Customer Care Team

DavidM

Thanks. I do have another question. I purchased two pairs and got the second pair for half price. The ones I want to return are the full price pair. I don't actually want a refund, I just want to swap them for a pair with a frame that fits me better. Is it possible to just do a swap or will there be some complicated adjustment of prices, so that I will still end up out of pocket?

Good Afternoon,

Can you please provide your details and which OPSM store and we forward to the store who will reach out to you to discuss this further.

Naveen

Naveenasked

OPSM

Ordered prescription glasses for my frame and dropped it in OPSM pakenham on 27/8/20 May I please Current processing time ?

Good morning

It generally takes 5-10 business days. Have you checked with your local store directly on the updates? If you want, please provide your contact details in PM and we will get the store to call you back.

Neville L.

Neville L.asked

OPSM

OPSM have offered $100 off on purchase of prescription glasses for me,does that over ride any other discounts that are available to me ?? eg..pensioner discount or seniors card holder..

Good afternoon

Thanks for your post. With our promotions as stated in the terms and conditions, you can't use them in conjunction with any other offer. So unfortunately that is correct, you can't use it with any another discounted offers. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

OPSM Customer Care

Susan H.

Susan H.asked

OPSM

Can I get a blue lense in existing glasses

Good Morning

I believe you can but the store would be the best people to query this with. What is your location and we can give you the store contact number?

Lea Casked

OPSM

As with previous comments, my expensive Versace glasses are handled with care yet developed numerous marks/scratches on both lenses within 2 months. It seems that the coating that was applied to reduce computer glare (at additional cost!) was delaminating. When I returned to the Queanbeyan OPSM, I was lectured by the acting manager and told that I needed to take more care of my glasses; however, they were replaced - begrudgingly. The same delaminating problem is happening again and both lenses need replacing. The surface is clearly faulty but I'm hesitant to return to the store due to the previous customer service experience. Is this a common complaint with the costly surfacing to reduce glare?

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience.

Can you please private message your details and we escalate to Higher Management, who will reach out to you to discuss this further?

Leanne Campbell
leanne.campbell@hushmail.com

Hello

We have lodged a case for you to higher management with reference no. 2912880 and you will be contacted within 2 business days to discuss about your glasses. Thanks and have a great weekend ahead.

ash archer

ash archerasked

Hi guys,

I purchased two pairs of prescription raybans at your Warwick store on the 04/01. As of today 07/02 I’ve noticed my sunglasses have already scratched on both lenses in two separate places. I’ve been ridiculously careful with them and I’m just wondering if they are supposed to come with some kind scratch resistance as they were something like $650 in total the majority of which was for the lenses? If I could take them but I’m outside of the 30 days.

Customer SupportOPSM

Can you please private message your details so we escalate to Higher Management, who will reach out to you to discuss this further?

Daniella Brito

Daniella Britoasked

OPSM

My glasses arm broke off where the bottom hinge is slightly bent and the screw fell out which I wasn’t able to find it so I’m wondering how much it costs to get it fixed at the store where I bought them if I don’t have warranty? These glasses are just a month from when I bought them.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for contacting us. We recommend dropping into your local branch to have the glasses assessed first so they can advise you further steps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Opsm customer support

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

OPSM Retail Stores

I felt being ripped off after doing eye test with OPSM Burwood. The optometrist has verbally confirmed with me that no charges on contact lens eye test before the test. However, I was told that I need to pay $49 on the test if I don't purchase contact lens from them. Surely Medicare covers the expenses of eye test on eligible patients every 2 years and I haven't done mine for nearly 4 years. Secondly, my retina test needs to be charged $60 but it is free elsewhere in other optometrists. Feel extremely disappointed with a deceitful service and would keen to escalate this issue to relevant authorities to sort this scam out.

Amc
Amc

Hi Michelle. I was simply putting in a product review. I am hoping to have my prescription reviewed and that it will rectify my situation.

Good Afternoon,

Can you please private message your details and we escalate to Higher Management, who will reach out to you to discuss this further.

Dianaasked

OPSM

I have a pair of versace long distant tinted glasses only 8 months old and the rivet fell out of the arm. I took them to rockingham store and told assistant its a rivet not a screw. She said same thing and put in a screw with nail polish. Not the same. What chances of the screw falling out. Not happy as these are not a year old.

Good Morning

Thanks for your feedback and query. Can we ask you if these glasses were bought at OPSM and if so, did you specifically chat to them about assessment under warranty? If you did, please PM us your contact details so we can log a case for you to higher management.

Kind regards

Diana

Yes of course I bought them at Opsm after having my usual eye examination. Yes I mentioned that were only 8 months old.

Hi

Can you please confirm your contact details so we can forward this on to higher management to contact you back to discuss?

Customer Support

Naliasked

OPSM Retail Stores

I got my prescription multifocal glasses last week. The intermediate vision or the computer reading is not clear at any spot or level. In addition the computer screen appears concave. I returned my glasses and ordered a supreme lens which cost 200 dollars more. I’m not sure what will happen with that too. Why does the computer screen appear concave and why was the intermediate vision all blurred? Aren’t you making the lenses according to the prescription?
It cost me 1000 dollars with the frame and still I couldn’t see properly. I am waiting for the supreme level lenses now, but not sure about it too.
One of the staff explained to me that standard level lenses have less peripheral distortion compared to the supreme level lenses. Another optometrist told me the opposite. Which is correct ?
By the way your customer service is not very nice. They get easily offended when we ask questions to clarify.
Lastly how do you calculate the 30 days of warranty if my glasses take too long to be ready, as it may pass 30 days in the process of finally getting a proper pair of glasses which enables me to read.

Hello Nali

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your situation. We would have to lodge a case to higher management about your issue and have them contact you directly to resolve so can you please PM us your details (contact number) and which store you visited so we can get an investigation happening for you to resolve?

Kind Regards

Hello Jason,
How do I PM my contact number.
Thanks .

Hello Nali

Please send your details to this email customercare@opsm.com.au and just copy and paste the subject of this conversation. We will respond with your reference number and advise further from there.

Kind Regards

Alison C.asked

OPSM Retail Stores

Really disappointed that I tried to pre-book eye test appointments for my family at OPSM Cherrybrook whilst on a quick trip back to Sydney and told there is a maximum of 3 appointments in 1 day per family policy?! As we have 2 adults and 4 children we would have to visit the outlet twice over 2 separate days rather than get it all done in 1 day with pre-bookings?!!! I could understand this if there weren’t many booking slots available (shows 10-16 slots online in 1 day!) or no pre-booking of appointments but isn’t this why you have a booking system? Talk about making it difficult for 6 immediate customers just so you leave booking slots available for other potential customers IF they book when those slots may remain vacant for the rest of the day anyway! New policy servicing non-existent potential customers at the expense of REAL and immediate customers???

Good Afternoon Alison,

Thank you for your feedback and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

We will ensure to escalate your experience through to Regional Management and . Can you please private message your contact details and Management will be in contact at the earliest opportunity?

Alison C.

Thanks for your response. Can your Regional Management email me per my email address? I have a week to get eye tests done but can only allocate 1 day, otherwise I will have to find another independent provider that can accommodate my whole family going forward due to this new OPSM policy on bookings that will not work for us.

Good Morning,

Can you please reply to our private message sent through, to confirm your contact details. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
OPSM Customer Support

Get an answer from our members and OPSM representatives

Other Optical Retailers