OPSM

OPSM Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

Retail Stores, Online Store
Listing monitored by OPSM

50 questions from our users

Tez
Tezasked
OPSM

Am I able to obtain my prescription from OPSM? I am going overseas and want to buy new glasses while there.

Hi Tez,

Yes absolutely, If you have prescription details on file with us we will absolutely give you a copy.
Please either contact your local store or Customer Care on 1800 626 300 to arrange this.

phoe
phoeasked
OPSM

How long does it taje for OPSM to make the glasses, on average?

Hi Phoe,

Turn around is generally 7-10 business days.
I would suggest speaking to a store as they would be able to provide a more accurate estimate based on your required lenses.

Diana
Dianaasked
OPSM

I went to opsm today to get an eye test checked. The optometrist give me the lens prescription and i forgot to ask about the contact lens prescription. Can I go back there tomorrow and ask with no cost or bulk billing required? Thanks

Hi Diana,

Contact lens prescriptions are not covered under bulk billing. I would suggest contacting the store to see what they can do for you.

Shayan
Shayanasked
OPSM

Hi there, I went to OPSM store to shop for glasses and liked the Ray-Ban RX8724 rimless frames. They are advertised for $239 for frames, but once I asked to put my prescription lenses on them the cost sky rocketed to almost $600. Could I ask how much do you charge for lenses, I have been quoted by vision direct $69 for the lenses with exact specifications. Also, is the a price match offered by your company? Thanks

Hi Shayan,

I wouldn't be able to give you a quote as I do not have your prescription details and an not an optical dispenser.
The store will be able to advise the price quoted for the lens and what (if any) additional coatings or features were included in the quote.
Sorry but we are not able to price match.

dvindika
dvindikaasked
OPSM

Hello, Does OPSM handover prescription for eyeglasses once the eye test is done and a purchase is made? I would think yes as in most cases its paid for by Medicare. But I want to confirm. Thanks!

AFK

Opsm should hand over the prescription regardless of whether you buy a pair of glasses from them or not - its your script! Just ask them for a copy after you have had your eyes tested and you don't need to commit to an order to get a print out of your script. You will find this is part of the stds. I have done this many times without argument. You have paid for the test to be done (Medicare) - I recently got my script and got a quote from OPSM and a provider in Penang and ultimately purchased from overseas as I got a better quality product for the same cost after medical fund "subsidy" (I do know the provider in Penang who does excellent work)

Hi Dvindika,

Yes you are able to get a copy of your prescription once it is complete regardless of how you have paid for the test or if you have made a purchase.

Thanks, Jason.

Hello,
Good to see you got an answer from OPSM - I asked the question below twice about why they don't supply Varilux Airwear Lenses and got no answer. Obviously they will only supply what they want to supply and not open the range up to better quality lenses and options (the Airwear is thinner, lighter, stronger than anything I found at OPSM). There are independent suppliers out there who are worth chasing up. I would bet that OPSM source lenses from Thailand as well which is where I have been getting mine through an optometrist in Penang.
Afk

xiaozhu_steph
xiaozhu_stephasked
OPSM

Hi, I'm wondering if I could return the glasses to a different OPSM Stores rather than the one I purchased it from.

Hi,

Yes absolutely, you can return an in store purchase to any OPSM store for an exchange or refund within 30 days. Please just make sure you have proof of purchase.

AFKasked
OPSM

Hello. I was wanting to know why you only offer a narrow band of lenses and you cant or wont supply Varilux S progressive lenses in std or airwear which are lighter, thinner, stronger and every way better? Your staff are great but product choices are limited to what you want to sell rather than what we want to buy.I have now found a local supplier but having been getting them from Penang without any problems at all.
regards
Tony

AFK

Obviously opsm dont have a answer as to why they dont supply a wider range of lenses. When in penang you can place an order for virtually any progressive lens you like and you will also have them made in about 3 days. Polarised can take about 5 days.The quality is also very good, no problems. We still gave some distance to go. Good that i have now found an independant optometrist locally that can supply varilux.

P. Gold
P. Gold

I wear Progressive lenses and have been getting them from OPSM for a number of years and every time I get a new prescription the lenses get thicker and heavier, however they charge me $850.00 just for the lenses. I am trialing the Zeiss through an Optometrist and though the lenses are thinner I am struggling with the vision. Again the cost of these lenses are much the same as OPSM. You mentioned in your email that you have found a local supplier of Varilux, would you mind sharing the name of the supplier as I would like to try their lenses after reading their internet site.

Hello,
Not sure where you are located but the local Vendor I found is Optomize in Meadow Springs Shopping centre Mandurah - I got a quote to replace my sun glass lenses with polarised varilux s progressive air wear lens and they were lower cost than the std lenses that OPSM quoted. I haven't got any from Optomize yet but they do have a good name in town - I have been getting mine from Penang which are made in Thailand and the quality has been excellent - my std progressive lenses have all the uv anti glare, anti water and dust coatings etc. and are transitional as well in light weight titanium frames and the whole lot weighs 12 grams - thats lenses and frames, only 12 grams - I don't think OPSM can compete with that.

Dylan
Dylanasked
OPSM

I bought two boxes contact lenses from opsm after eye test. I am aware opsm is selling more expensive than other shops. And the sales didn't tell me I can have one box for free if I buy three boxes. Not happy with opsm, can I return the contact lenses to the shop and ask for refund?

Hi Dylan,

All OPSM stores offer a 30 day returns for any purchase (As long as the box is not opened) so the store will be able to help with a return.
Please note that the buy 3 get 1 free offer is online only but is still available if you would like to re purchase through the website.

Kylie
Kylieasked
OPSM

What is your return policy?

Hi Kylie,
Thank you for contacting us and sincere apologies for the delay. Our returns policy is 30 days. Please see here for more information:http://www.opsm.com.au/faqs

Many thanks,
Emma

Pam
Pamasked
OPSM

I have very expensive frames which I would like to reuse, is this possible or am I obligated to buy new ones? Thanks in advance and kind regards ,Pam

Hi Pam,
Thank you for contacting us. If you are still happy with the frame and they are in reasonable condition/not out of shape you are absolutely more than welcome to reuse.
Many thanks,
Emma

Get an answer from our members and OPSM representatives

Other Optical Retailers