MattMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service was excellent. Product was terrible

Great service and friendly staff.
My first time in 30 years of wearing glasses I had to buy plastic lenses since they no longer make glass.
The new plastic lenses have lasted me Just over 1year and they need replacing.
I have never had a set of lenses last less than 3years before.
For people who don't work in an office environment, I would not recommend plastic lenses. There are still some places that sell glass. It's cheaper in the long term.

Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very happy...

Dimu

DimuPerth, WA

Inadequate staff

OPSM Bullcreek, WA: Just one staff to attend to all customer needs including fitting frames, billing, answering the phone, handle walk-in inquiries etc. I had to wait more than 30 minutes after my eye test to talk to her. Went to collect my glasses around 1.20 pm on a Friday and the store was closed as the only staff member has gone for lunch. I had to wait for 20 minutes. I feel sorry for the poor, overworked staff member, she was amazing.

Good Service but Greedy organisation

I have been with OPSM for 15+year and we spend $1000 every year. Their glasses come in protective cases taht make them bulky and unpractical. In the old days OPSM would add value by providing a more useful $2 soft case or a cloth bag etc. Now days not the case, NO more freebies with your glasses like the old days. Great product and service and you pay the price, but stop being so frugal and Greedy OPSM, does everything always need to be about profit?

David S

I guess that was not our experience, I was advised by your staff they no longer carry additional accessories and to to go to the local $2 shop and try there.

Stewart A.

Stewart A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why book when walk-ins are the priority

I made an appointment to have my main eyeglasses examined where in one lens the transition glass was turning white. The warranty was honoured without issue, so I give OPSM full marks on that score.

However, in this day of Victorian stringency I was amazed that two walk-ins had priority over my booking. Normally, I wouldn't comment on this, but with the Victorian government so paranoid about COVIC-19 infections I feel I must. I had COVICSafe running, but did others in the store?

AmcAustralian Capital Territory

Eye Glasses Still Not Right

Amc

Thank You for getting back to me. Since writing I have had some further checks of my prescription and they are going to try and get me a new script. I hope it works this time

Marianne

MarianneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

More variety needed

I have been getting my glasses from Opsm Highpoint for years. I find the staff there to be exceptionally great to deal with. However, the last year or so I found it hard to pick a pair of glasses. There’s just limited variety. I don’t know if it’s a market thing but perhaps Opsm should source out different eye glass designs/designers to add some pizzazz to what they’re offering.

bluebull

bluebull

Service let down by pricing model

bribrendyHunter Region, NSW

Not happy with OPSM “payment policy”

bribrendy

No don't wish to be contacted, I just won't be shopping at OPSM again for my glasses which is OPSM's loss as my entire family of four all wear glasses.

Barbara D

Barbara DAU

OPSM Cairns

Thorough test but was spoilt by unprofessional use of a smart phone with a damaged face to take and show photos.

helen

helenSydney

They get the script right but at a cost.

I have no question that the eye test was professional and accurate
BUT
other places bulk Bill for just as good result. They were expensive compared to to similar businesses.
Worst experience was that they broke my new sunglasses while cleaning them (they offered) and then basically said bad luck! (I had no receipt as they were a gift) I doubt we will return.

silrBrisbane

• OPSM

Damaged my glasses and have yet to fix it...

silr

If you can contact me privately I will provide these details, otherwise I will not post them publicly. Thank you.

Customer SupportOPSM

Good product but bad customer service

I’m regular customer in opsm airport west. All my family purchased the glasses from this place. They rude n not friendly at all... dun feel like buy from there anymore.

Ivy Johnston

Ivy JohnstonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extra cost's

Went to OPSM in DEER PARK, go here all the time but I won't be returning. How can you justifiy $320.00 dollar's for len's for my glasses. So disappointed, the eye test was good but then he wanted me to buy bifocal's which cost $700.00 dollar's. Maybe they could have a cheaper section for people who are on low income. Very angry when I wanted to cancel and I can't.

Belle

BelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Instore 5 stars, online 1 star

Poor service

Saw the optometrist at OPSM in Ballarat. She was very good, though did try to push a multifocal that I didn't really need. When choosing glasses the girl who served me was very helpful. When my glasses arrived there was an issue with them and I had to return to the store to sort this out. I had been told by a store member to just come on in the next day. I was left waiting for nearly 90 minutes for service which I feel was unacceptable. When I was served it was rushed and rude. Disappointing as our previous experiences have been good.

Harold

HaroldSuccess

Cost

I feel that OPSM always try to talk you into getting the maximum sale. All I wanted was a pair of reading spectacles but they try and add more.

freeat6

freeat6Sydney

expensive and tardy

I recently re ordered contacts online and I am amazed that OPSM a. charges about $40 above other suppliers and b. states that there is free delivery with a 3-4 week timeframe - this is an extraordinary waiting time for such basic, everyday product. Also agree with some of the reviews - service has become very variable - and I have had trouble with last few scripts and at some of the stores, staff can be a bit pushy. top multifocal lens are around $300 more expensive than any other optometrist I have been to. Also frame selection is actually fairly limited and conventional.

Akima

Akima

Received perscription glasses with very noticeable crazing. Dodgy products?

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Akima, our customers are extremely important to us and we’d like to look into this further. Could you please leave your details with us here http://www.opsm.com.au/contact-opsm and we’ll be in touch. Thanks.

Sarah

SarahMelbourne, Victoria

Annoyed

Usually I find OPSM fine but after going in today to have a check up and get my glasses adjusted, for the second time they have used heat which caused my expensive lenses to become cracked. I didn't notice until I arrived home as I was wearing contacts in store. Last time they paid for replacement lenses which takes weeks. I'm hoping when I go back tomorrow they do the same. They can't claim ignorance as they knew what kind of lenses I wore. Wish they would teach their technicians about lenses that cannot be heated.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Sarah, we understand your frustration and would be happy to look into this further for you. Could you please leave your details with us here http://www.opsm.com.au/contact-opsm and we’ll be in touch. Thanks.

Victorasked

OPSM Retail Stores

How do I post a follow up to initial review?

Good Morning Victor

Hi Victor

Ashleigh S.

Ashleigh S.asked

OPSM

Hi I have just done my eye test in store and ordered my glasses on Tuesday on the receipt it says glasses expected to be in 18th to the 20th of March that is a very long wait just wanting to know is there a possibility of them coming sooner or will they be ready for collection between the dates on the receipt as I'm really needing my glasses

Good afternoon

Yes it will be between that time frame, usually 7-10 business days or can take longer if script is more tricky.

Kim

Kimasked

OPSM Retail Stores

Can you tell me why my history of purchases at opsm stores is not available to all stores? With COVID it is not as easy to visit previous stores. I was told yesterday that it could not be looked up.

Good Morning Kim

Thanks for your query I am sorry that the store was having difficulty accessing your purchase history from other stores, this is something our team are currently working in fixing at the moment. We will pass your feedback on and also follow up on when the central data base will be accessible again for our stores. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will definitely look at how we can make this easier in future for customers.

OPSM Customer Support

Get an answer from our members and OPSM representatives

Other Optical Retailers