Luna

Luna Tasmania

Good choice of product but terrible customer service

I decided to give OPSM a go after many years of dealing with another major retailer as OPSM offer higher end brand glasses. Happy with my glasses however the customer service was awful. For the huge price the glasses cost me, I won't be going back again. Treated like rubbish, staff have no interest in their customers.

Poor Online System and Lack of Interest in Optometry

I recently ordered contacts online. The online system will let you place an order and bill you without you entering all the details they claim to need. If you forget to enter the prescription date expiry say why not give an instant error like every other website so you can fix it there and then? OPSM happily let you finish the incorrect order, take your money and then don't supply the goods until you resolve the issue a couple of days later.

When the contacts arrived OPSM didn't bother to label which is left and right. OPSM is an optical health care provider, not amazon books.

Put these things together and you see where OPSM's priorities sit.

MattMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service was excellent. Product was terrible

Great service and friendly staff.
My first time in 30 years of wearing glasses I had to buy plastic lenses since they no longer make glass.
The new plastic lenses have lasted me Just over 1year and they need replacing.
I have never had a set of lenses last less than 3years before.
For people who don't work in an office environment, I would not recommend plastic lenses. There are still some places that sell glass. It's cheaper in the long term.

Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very happy...

Dimu

DimuPerth, WA

Inadequate staff

OPSM Bullcreek, WA: Just one staff to attend to all customer needs including fitting frames, billing, answering the phone, handle walk-in inquiries etc. I had to wait more than 30 minutes after my eye test to talk to her. Went to collect my glasses around 1.20 pm on a Friday and the store was closed as the only staff member has gone for lunch. I had to wait for 20 minutes. I feel sorry for the poor, overworked staff member, she was amazing.

No lens replacement/repair available for Ray Ban Sunglasses

I purchased a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses on 30/11/2020 from the Bowral Branch. Unfortunately I dropped them last week and cracked one of the lenses. On returning to the store I was first asked if I had purchased insurance, which I had not. The store assistant then told me that OPSM stores did not offer replacement lenses, but he would try to help me out. In the end my only choice was to buy a new pair, or prescription lenses at double the price.
I was not informed of this at the time of purchase. This is surely unacceptable for a product with a rrp of over $200. Also OPSM and the manufacturers of Ray Ban apparently have the same parent company, Luxottica.

Store LocationBowral NSW
Kurt
Kurt
Customer SupportOPSM

Hey Kurt - Yes, absolutely take them into your local OPSM store and the team will be able to insert them in the frames for you. Sorry again for the inconvenience. I'm so glad you managed to source some replacements!

Good Service but Greedy organisation

I have been with OPSM for 15+year and we spend $1000 every year. Their glasses come in protective cases taht make them bulky and unpractical. In the old days OPSM would add value by providing a more useful $2 soft case or a cloth bag etc. Now days not the case, NO more freebies with your glasses like the old days. Great product and service and you pay the price, but stop being so frugal and Greedy OPSM, does everything always need to be about profit?

David S

I guess that was not our experience, I was advised by your staff they no longer carry additional accessories and to to go to the local $2 shop and try there.

Customer

Great optometrist but poor customer service staff

Hi,
It was at OPSM Highpoint in Maribyrnong, Melbourne.

customers

customersSydney, NSW

High end pricing with poor after sales service

GaelPerth, WA

Dubious product quality

Awful in store and follow up service - North Sydney

Alacoque Welsh
Alacoque Welsh

Have my doubts about OPSM

Have been with OPSM for a number of years. Had an eye test about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for my new glasses. Guess they come from China? Also waiting for other tests but ‘machine is broken’ which seems to happen all the time. Still not fixed but I can go to other store? Give them the benefit of the doubt but it is getting beyond a joke. Can go to Bali and get new glasses within a few days.

Store LocationRiverton WA
Stewart A.

Stewart A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why book when walk-ins are the priority

I made an appointment to have my main eyeglasses examined where in one lens the transition glass was turning white. The warranty was honoured without issue, so I give OPSM full marks on that score.

However, in this day of Victorian stringency I was amazed that two walk-ins had priority over my booking. Normally, I wouldn't comment on this, but with the Victorian government so paranoid about COVIC-19 infections I feel I must. I had COVICSafe running, but did others in the store?

Rose

RoseCanberra 2600, ACT

OPSM Belconnen Canberra

Today when I walked up my one eye was very painful and I need to see the Optometrist right away. I went their early at 8am but the store still closed. I have waited for an hour to see the Optometrist which I trusted more. Sadly to say that the Optometrist told me she can't accommodate me because of other patience. I understand that, but the pain of my eye is hurting/killing me. Then I went to SPECSAVER in Canberra City - they are very busy too. But the Optometrist is very kind to accommodate me because of my pain. SPECSAVER in Canberra City were human they understand people needs very well. Thank you so much for rescuing my painful one eye. God bless your company and more power to you!

Store LocationI did not purchase just to check my one eye

AmcAustralian Capital Territory

Eye Glasses Still Not Right

Amc

Thank You for getting back to me. Since writing I have had some further checks of my prescription and they are going to try and get me a new script. I hope it works this time

Janine

JanineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy Jan

Valerie43South East Queensland, QLD

Lost faith in OPSM

Valerie43

Did finally resolve this issue but at our inconvenience, we will not be returning to OPSM

Helena

HelenaWestern Australia

Good quality but bad service

Sourpuss81

Sourpuss81Perth, WA

They don't examine 4 year olds.

Totally useless

Don't waste your time going to OPSM Hoppers Crossing in the Werribee Plaza. They are hopeless. Specsavers in the same complex however are great. They have great service and prices and use the latest technology for a comprehensive eye test . And no, I don't have any vested interest, just going from my experience.