Listing monitored by OPSM

Charges

Last year I went to OPSM for an annual driving licence check and I didn't need any change to my glasses. This year I made an appointment for 10am and turned up on time only to be told I could have part of my test done then but would have to come back at 12md to have drops put in and I would have to wait a half hour They also wanted to charge $30 just to sign the form for my licence. I explained none of this had happened the previous year but to no avail. I just left and went to an independent optometrist who was really great and didn't charge for anything extra and I still didn't need new glasses. Its nice not to be ripped off so I will see the independent next year again.

Rwalkerden53NSW, 2127

Hard sell...then price shock!

Friendly staff,ever so helpful until it comes to the crunch.
Have been a customer of Specsavers for several years and assumed that OPSM prices had surely become more competitive given the competition.
Wrong!Close to $1000 quoted-freaked out and left the store.Selected the same frames via Vision Direct,typed in my prescription and voila! $385 and the glasses were sent to my door.No problem.How OPSM can justify the prices they charge is beyond me.My advice is shop around!

Rwalkerden53

Thanks but there is no point contacting me.I am very happy with my ($365 Not $385) glasses from Vision direct.
Amazing value!Store was Ulladulla.

Mal
Mal

Slack service

We went to opsm ocean reef for a change. Never again service very poor.
Did not have a good experience when my wife select frames should gave known then! The only way we knew the glasses were ready she went in on spec to see. They were sitting there. When she picked them up they didnt ask how the fit do they need adjusting
Dont bother

Not happy at all

Customer SupportOPSM

Good product but bad customer service

I’m regular customer in opsm airport west. All my family purchased the glasses from this place. They rude n not friendly at all... dun feel like buy from there anymore.

Misleading information given

I went for an eye test and was recommended Digital retinal imaging. I was told that Medibank only covers this and HCF does not cover it. My health fund is HCF. I had to pay out of pocket. Medibank only offers the cover is a lie as they are tied with Medibank. HCF has Specsavers as it's provider and they offer this free if you go with Spec Savers. They need to give the right information.

Ivy Johnston
Ivy JohnstonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extra cost's

Went to OPSM in DEER PARK, go here all the time but I won't be returning. How can you justifiy $320.00 dollar's for len's for my glasses. So disappointed, the eye test was good but then he wanted me to buy bifocal's which cost $700.00 dollar's. Maybe they could have a cheaper section for people who are on low income. Very angry when I wanted to cancel and I can't.

Overpriced

I've bought every pair of glasses I've ever owned, my son and husband's from OPSM because i used to think they were the best. Bought reading glasses before Christmas $600+ with the intent of buying my long sight ones now to claim one health care again in New Year.
Extremely overpriced. There are so many other competitors delivering good glasses at a fraction of the price. Will take my business elsewhere. Disappointed after about 25 pairs of glasses.

Kiwigirl
KiwigirlPerth

Not what they say its going to be

Went there for review on glasses, I have private fund and thought that this would make it easier for the payment.
when it came to the final purchase it was a lot higher than I thought, and then it was oh that is not cover under that and this isn't either, and oh you have to choose from these. I told them that I had private health and if there were any restrictions on them. Ended up leaving without the glasses and will be not going back to that store.

Poor customer service

Poor customer Service Airport West

relevant discounts were not applied, no help in choosing frames; assistant told us to have a look and come to the desk when ready,

Jaspa
JaspaBrisbane

Tested their 100% satisfaction guarantee

I have a challenging pair of eyes. OPSM Carimdale assured me they would get it right. They didn't but went well above and beyond until I had a pair of glasses I could wear continuously- 4 pairs later. I can't fault the more experienced staff but agree with an earlier review that youthful courteousness is great to experience as a customer but knowledge is lacking. Thank you to the staff who listened to me and persisted with solutions. I left my previous glasses maker after being told to go away and 'give them a go' for two weeks before they would entertain checking them. so the OPSM 100% satisfaction guarantee is real.

very annoyed
very annoyed

Not what they once were

Belle
BelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Instore 5 stars, online 1 star

SallyPort macquarie

No freebies here!

My daughter and I had to select new glasses from OPSM as that’s where our insurance company said we had to buy from.
We got 3 pairs of sunglasses, and two pairs of prescription glasses totalling $2785.90.
I understand it was an insurance claim however we were not given any discount whatsoever, charged total rrp. I paid the $500 excess as agreed and I was absolutely floored when I was billed an additional $7.90 for the cords to go on my glasses. Really really poor customer service!
Even spec savers give me a free cord, and their prescription glasses are waaaaay cheaper! No OPSM, you didn’t win us over today!

Sally

Sally Love. 65815550. I originally dealt with Amy who was exceptionally helpful, emailed me and kept me up to date with progress of our glasses. I didn’t see her the day we collected our glasses unfortunately.

Steve
StevePerth

Worst customer service ever

Marie
MarieNelson Bay NSW

Thanks OPSM for a positive response

Following the review of my daughter's experience, OPSM contacted me and the manager kindly offered to replace the faulty glasses. I am very impressed by the prompt response of the customer care team and the shop manager.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Marie, We are pleased to have been able to address the concerns and turn your experience into a positive one. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Kindest regards, Eloise

N.A
N.AMelbourne

Poor service

Rissoleadelaide

Cant get my perscription correct

i sent an email

Poor service

Saw the optometrist at OPSM in Ballarat. She was very good, though did try to push a multifocal that I didn't really need. When choosing glasses the girl who served me was very helpful. When my glasses arrived there was an issue with them and I had to return to the store to sort this out. I had been told by a store member to just come on in the next day. I was left waiting for nearly 90 minutes for service which I feel was unacceptable. When I was served it was rushed and rude. Disappointing as our previous experiences have been good.

Customer service not great

Normally the staff are great well have been in the past, today when I went in, not so there was a previous staff that would more then help you out. Not today they were abrupt not caring whether I needed them urgent just ramble off lines taught, I had been coming for years cause they were helpful and I agree with a customer found it strange they don't include some cleaner, manukau bring back the owner of the store and see what's really happening when you are not there. One guy without glasses is very supportive thanks for him enjoyed my day.

Disappointed

We have been Specsavers customers for some years but were disappointed with the quality of our last glasses.
So we decided to go the brand we grew up with, OPSM.
We were surprised by the difference in pricing but hey quality costs money, so we committed.
Our shock came when we picked up our glasses.
They were simply given to us with a request for Flybuys card and healthcare card. Thanks [name removed].
No fitting, no "is the prescription correct" can you see, no complimentary cleaner, nothing.
So we paid up.... perhaps only one time.

One outstnding staff member

Need to acknowledge a staff member at warringah mall. His name is Joe and he went to a lot of trouble to help us select glasses for my wife and myself. So we spent a lot of money. Also he seemed to be the only one there that could fine tune the frame by some slight adjustment. He was very experienced and due for retirement soon. What a shame for the organisation to lose someone with his experience and expertise.

Never again!

Harold
HaroldSuccess

Cost

I feel that OPSM always try to talk you into getting the maximum sale. All I wanted was a pair of reading spectacles but they try and add more.