Listing monitored by OPSM

alamctoukley

Optometrist very good, staff to customer service frame fitting bad

Bought a pair $430 glasses from lakehaven opsm staff didn't offer to adjust the frame, was not told to bring glasses back for adjustment, couple hours later frame hurts digging into the side of my head, tried to adjust the arms cracking the plastic coating over the wire in the arm, did not know plastic would crack if not heated, returned to ask for the frames to be adjusted, told they can't do anything because i cracked plastic coating on the end of the arm. Staff implied it was my fault tough cheese but they would call me after the long weekend with a solution, call never came, after another week complained to complaints phone number. They arranged a fix. This time staff adjusted the frame, yay.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Alamc, We appreciate the update and are pleased that you were happy with the resolution. Kindest regards, OPSM

Levi
LeviSydney

Over priced

I recently purchased contact lenses with OPSM at $58.05 a box and found that Specsavers stocked the exact same brand and were selling it for $38 a box. Even with the current promo of buy 3 get 1 free Specsavers worked out so much cheaper! It's extremely disappointing and I recommend definitely looking around before committing to buy.
How is that much of a mark up justified?

Nita CSydney

Horrendously overpriced... do your research upfront as there's places far cheaper with good quality

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Nita, If you would like to discuss this further, please send through your contact details and I'll arrange for someone from our customer care team to contact you. Cheers, Jules

Daniel
DanielMelbourne

My son seemed to be having trouble reading so we went down to OPSM Southland where they fitted us in on a busy night to get his eyes checked and reassured us that a number of children go through similar experiences and that his eyesight was fine.

Honest Joe
Honest JoePERTH

Great product marred by Poor Customer Service

OPSM Morley Fail To See Big Picture

Craig

Received my contacts the other day. Thank you for the $10 refund.

Phong
PhongSydney

contact lenses

Been buying my contact lenses from OPSM my whole life - they had a Black Friday sale 20%off using a promotional code. I used the code within the allocated date of the promotion but I didn't get 20% off! After going online I've found plenty of other online stores where you can buy contact lenses cheaper then OPSM even after the sale. It's easy if you know your contact lens power - chances are you can even buy the same branded contact lenses! hurts to think how much I've wasted with OPSM considering I've been wearing contacts for over 20 years.

Geoff F
Geoff FHobart

Give credit where it is due

Earlier this week I had a very bad experience with this business which I reviewed below. Following this I was contacted by the manager who was very apologetic and went out of the way to ensure that the matter was put right, including fast tracking my prescription. I think this should be acknowledged. I would be happy to deal with this business again.

Short sighted service

I visited George Street Sydney store. I was quoted for progressive lenses. Staff do not appear to be trained on the lenses being sold. Staff referred me to the essilor web site as no brochures were available in store. OPSM branding differs from the names of the products on the essilor web site. Staff could not advise which essilor lenses matched those being sold by opsm.

I left my phone number with OPSM for the essilor rep to call. No contact after one week.

I sent a message via the OPSM web site. No one has responded after another week.

Going back to HCF eye care who know the meaning of customer service.

Disappointing is the word

I went on a Ray Ban offer - guess what - it didn't apply to multi focals - paid the extra $200 over and above the insurer payment. Three times I went back and they still are not right I have been overseas and now over the 3 month limit. The last time I went in they were closing and wouldn't serve me.
I have tried two other friends multi focals and I can see perfectly well through them - mine are fuzzy, the same complaint all along. I changed from spec savers thinking I would get better - not so.

ToddnessSydney, NSW

Unprofessional service

Toddness

I filled in the online feedback form for the store shortly after my experience.

KelSydney, NSW

Optometry fine the glasses are crap

Had my eyes tested for distance and needed more glasses. I was going to order elsewhere but ordered a cheap pair ($99) in store from OPSM. Everything went smoothly but the glasses I received are so cheap and nasty it feels like they came form a $2 shop. They fog up easily, let in glare and the nose pads are hard and rattle when you take the glasses off.

In short the whole experience up till receiving my glasses was fine. OPSM's cheapest glasses are garbage.

Kel

No I won't go back ever.

AFK
AFKPeel, WA

Dont offer choice of lenses you want

FramBunbury

Cheap thick lenses

Fram

We went back and the problem is resolved. I am thankful for that. However it should not have happened so buyer beware.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Fram, we are glad to hear the problem has been resolved.

Mikey
MikeyWarwick

Insulting Sales Service & Over-Priced

Mark
MarkAdelaide

You have lots of money to spend then go here! But otherwise don't bother

SezJoy
SezJoyPerth

Bought glasses once, have been spammed ever since

Expect to be spammed as soon as they have your email address.
My work arranged eye testing and I used my work email address to register, but have since gotten inundated by advertising.

Unprofessional - South Morang

I attended for an contact lens after care appointment . Appointment was rushed with front reception person interrupting multiple times. Optimist wouldn't listen and demanded that I had to pay for another 'fitting session', even through I had already had a 'fitting session' at another store. Refused to provide any trail lens which means I would end up paying $200( $50 * 2 fitting sessions, $50 * 2 after care) dollars before even being allowed to buy any contact lenses.

Next time I will stick to my local OPSM store and..avoid South Morang store..

Bad Experience!

mardi

Guess what! OPSM havent contacted me - suprise suprise!

mardi

OPSM havent contacted me or my mother!
The store was OPSM in Ballarat central square

JO
JOPerth

Expensive and unreliable quotes

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Jo, thank you for the feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this further for you. Could you please leave your details with us here http://www.opsm.com.au/contact-opsm and we’ll be in touch. Thanks, OPSM.

Trevar
TrevarCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Not sure who's at fault, but OPSM weren't helpful.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Trevar, we’re sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustration. We’d like to look into this further. Could you please leave your details with us here http://www.opsm.com.au/contact-opsm and we’ll be in touch. Thanks.

Consistent poor service

Having been to two OPSM stores recently, I was surprised to find that they offer a consistent level of poor service. Both stores had staff who didn't greet me as I went into the store and only spoke to me when I looked at them for quite a bit. Both had no idea they offered a glass in a niche category despite it being clearly available online.

The optometrist who served me was also direct, blunt and unhelpful.

You guys charge an arm and leg for glasses yet offers such poor service in turn. No wonder SpecSavers is winning this war.

I for one will not be going back again.

freeat6
freeat6Sydney

expensive and tardy

I recently re ordered contacts online and I am amazed that OPSM a. charges about $40 above other suppliers and b. states that there is free delivery with a 3-4 week timeframe - this is an extraordinary waiting time for such basic, everyday product. Also agree with some of the reviews - service has become very variable - and I have had trouble with last few scripts and at some of the stores, staff can be a bit pushy. top multifocal lens are around $300 more expensive than any other optometrist I have been to. Also frame selection is actually fairly limited and conventional.

Akima
Akima

Received perscription glasses with very noticeable crazing. Dodgy products?

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Akima, our customers are extremely important to us and we’d like to look into this further. Could you please leave your details with us here http://www.opsm.com.au/contact-opsm and we’ll be in touch. Thanks.

Ben TaylorPerth

Seemingly dodgy products and fees...

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Ben, thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your experience and frustration. Could you please leave your details with us here http://www.opsm.com.au/contact-opsm and we’ll be in touch. Thanks.

Ben Taylor

Hello OPSM. I've made contact through the channel above.