bluebull
bluebull

Service let down by pricing model

bribrendyHunter Region, NSW

Not happy with OPSM “payment policy”

bribrendy

No don't wish to be contacted, I just won't be shopping at OPSM again for my glasses which is OPSM's loss as my entire family of four all wear glasses.

Barbara D
Barbara DAU

OPSM Cairns

Thorough test but was spoilt by unprofessional use of a smart phone with a damaged face to take and show photos.

helen
helenSydney

They get the script right but at a cost.

I have no question that the eye test was professional and accurate
BUT
other places bulk Bill for just as good result. They were expensive compared to to similar businesses.
Worst experience was that they broke my new sunglasses while cleaning them (they offered) and then basically said bad luck! (I had no receipt as they were a gift) I doubt we will return.

silrBrisbane

Damaged my glasses and have yet to fix it...

silr

If you can contact me privately I will provide these details, otherwise I will not post them publicly. Thank you.

HarryVictoria

Helpful staff

Staff very helpful in regards to my options and cover. Frames too expensive and had to go elsewhere but the eye exam was very well done much more thorough and precise than Specsavers.

Eastland

Charges

Last year I went to OPSM for an annual driving licence check and I didn't need any change to my glasses. This year I made an appointment for 10am and turned up on time only to be told I could have part of my test done then but would have to come back at 12md to have drops put in and I would have to wait a half hour They also wanted to charge $30 just to sign the form for my licence. I explained none of this had happened the previous year but to no avail. I just left and went to an independent optometrist who was really great and didn't charge for anything extra and I still didn't need new glasses. Its nice not to be ripped off so I will see the independent next year again.

Meika

Good product but bad customer service

I’m regular customer in opsm airport west. All my family purchased the glasses from this place. They rude n not friendly at all... dun feel like buy from there anymore.

Ivy Johnston
Ivy JohnstonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extra cost's

Went to OPSM in DEER PARK, go here all the time but I won't be returning. How can you justifiy $320.00 dollar's for len's for my glasses. So disappointed, the eye test was good but then he wanted me to buy bifocal's which cost $700.00 dollar's. Maybe they could have a cheaper section for people who are on low income. Very angry when I wanted to cancel and I can't.

Jaspa
JaspaBrisbane

Tested their 100% satisfaction guarantee

I have a challenging pair of eyes. OPSM Carimdale assured me they would get it right. They didn't but went well above and beyond until I had a pair of glasses I could wear continuously- 4 pairs later. I can't fault the more experienced staff but agree with an earlier review that youthful courteousness is great to experience as a customer but knowledge is lacking. Thank you to the staff who listened to me and persisted with solutions. I left my previous glasses maker after being told to go away and 'give them a go' for two weeks before they would entertain checking them. so the OPSM 100% satisfaction guarantee is real.

Belle
BelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Instore 5 stars, online 1 star

Marie
MarieNelson Bay NSW

Thanks OPSM for a positive response

Following the review of my daughter's experience, OPSM contacted me and the manager kindly offered to replace the faulty glasses. I am very impressed by the prompt response of the customer care team and the shop manager.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi Marie, We are pleased to have been able to address the concerns and turn your experience into a positive one. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Kindest regards, Eloise

Poor service

Saw the optometrist at OPSM in Ballarat. She was very good, though did try to push a multifocal that I didn't really need. When choosing glasses the girl who served me was very helpful. When my glasses arrived there was an issue with them and I had to return to the store to sort this out. I had been told by a store member to just come on in the next day. I was left waiting for nearly 90 minutes for service which I feel was unacceptable. When I was served it was rushed and rude. Disappointing as our previous experiences have been good.

One outstnding staff member

Need to acknowledge a staff member at warringah mall. His name is Joe and he went to a lot of trouble to help us select glasses for my wife and myself. So we spent a lot of money. Also he seemed to be the only one there that could fine tune the frame by some slight adjustment. He was very experienced and due for retirement soon. What a shame for the organisation to lose someone with his experience and expertise.

Harold
HaroldSuccess

Cost

I feel that OPSM always try to talk you into getting the maximum sale. All I wanted was a pair of reading spectacles but they try and add more.