OPSM Retail Stores Questions & Answers

Margaretasked

Jenny
Jenny

Hi Margaret,

We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience in one of our stores.

Best Regards,
OPSM Customer Care

Victorasked
OPSM Retail Stores

How do I post a follow up to initial review?

Good Morning Victor

Hi Victor

Kim
Kimasked
OPSM Retail Stores

Can you tell me why my history of purchases at opsm stores is not available to all stores? With COVID it is not as easy to visit previous stores. I was told yesterday that it could not be looked up.

Good Morning Kim

Thanks for your query I am sorry that the store was having difficulty accessing your purchase history from other stores, this is something our team are currently working in fixing at the moment. We will pass your feedback on and also follow up on when the central data base will be accessible again for our stores. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will definitely look at how we can make this easier in future for customers.

Chc06
Chc06asked

Hi OPSM
Is the price of bluegard lenses ( prescription 1.49) differ in each and every retail stores of OPSM?

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out to us :)

No, the price of lenses is standard across all our stores. Any difference in a quoted price is most likely related to whether the team member has quoted the traditional lens option or a digital lens option. With a traditional lens design, your unaltered prescription is ground across the entire lens. A digital lens uses newer technology to slightly alter the prescription around the edge of the lens using specific measurements that take into account the distance between your eye and the furthest point of the lens to improve your peripheral vision. If the team member has given you a quick-quote with this lens option there will be a $50 difference in price, but the choice is yours of course :)

I'm so sorry for any confusion or miscommunication. Please feel free to get back in touch if I can help you further!

Warm regards,

Peter J.
Peter J.

Waiting for my glasses come Back

Hi Peter

Have your contacted the store directly to check if they have received the glasses from the lab? Alternatively you can PM us your contact number and store you visited so we can chase this up for you?

Best Regards

IAuasked
OPSM Retail Stores

I had eyes test today at Parramatta Westfields. After the test I was charged $60. It says P1025 Ultra Wide DRS, what is that? It is my eligible annual test. Why should I be charged this $60. Looking forward to a refund.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi there! Our standard eye tests are bulk-billed to Medicare but any scans or digital imagery have an additional cost. The Ultra Wide DRS is a digital scan that the optometrist takes to get a detailed view of the back of your eye. The scan allows them to closely examine your retina and check if there are any blood vessel abnormalities which may suggest an eye disease. The optometrist will recommend this if you have a history of diabetes, high eye pressures or any other eye health condition. Please send us a private message with your contact details if you'd like us to get the store to give you a call to discuss.

Kind regards,
OPSM Customer Support Team

IAu

The optometrist should clearly tell the client that the scans cost money and let the client decide. What is the email account to send OPSM a private message?

Customer SupportOPSM

It absolutely should have been made very clear to you that there was a charge and I'm very sorry for the miscommunication.

Please send me your full name and contact details to customercare@opsm.com.au and I will follow up with the store team ASAP.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Sarmita Vatoveyasked
OPSM Retail Stores

Yesterday I left OPSM Pacific Plaza Maroochydore physically shaken from embarrassment and rudeness that was completely unnecessary. The new, top of the range, lenses made for my existing glasses did not fit the frames and I was loudly admonished in front of staff and other customers as for the reason they did not fit was because I didnt purchase the frames at their store. I pleaded that I had purchased them there. When found that indeed they were purchased there. No apology! My husband and I have spent $1000's over the years as loyal customers. Now another wait of 2 to 3 weeks for the glasses I spend most of the day wearing as they were taken from me to be sent away.

Hi Sarmita,

I am so sorry for the negative experience you received at OPSM Maroochydore. I will follow this up immediately with the Store Manager. Please send us a private message if you'd like to provide further information.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I hope that we can improve your experience in the future.

Kind regards,

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
OPSM Retail Stores

I felt being ripped off after doing eye test with OPSM Burwood. The optometrist has verbally confirmed with me that no charges on contact lens eye test before the test. However, I was told that I need to pay $49 on the test if I don't purchase contact lens from them. Surely Medicare covers the expenses of eye test on eligible patients every 2 years and I haven't done mine for nearly 4 years. Secondly, my retina test needs to be charged $60 but it is free elsewhere in other optometrists. Feel extremely disappointed with a deceitful service and would keen to escalate this issue to relevant authorities to sort this scam out.

Amc
Amc

Hi Michelle. I was simply putting in a product review. I am hoping to have my prescription reviewed and that it will rectify my situation.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience.

Can you please private message your details and we escalate to Higher Management, who will reach out to you to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Naliasked
OPSM Retail Stores

I got my prescription multifocal glasses last week. The intermediate vision or the computer reading is not clear at any spot or level. In addition the computer screen appears concave. I returned my glasses and ordered a supreme lens which cost 200 dollars more. I’m not sure what will happen with that too. Why does the computer screen appear concave and why was the intermediate vision all blurred? Aren’t you making the lenses according to the prescription?
It cost me 1000 dollars with the frame and still I couldn’t see properly. I am waiting for the supreme level lenses now, but not sure about it too.
One of the staff explained to me that standard level lenses have less peripheral distortion compared to the supreme level lenses. Another optometrist told me the opposite. Which is correct ?
By the way your customer service is not very nice. They get easily offended when we ask questions to clarify.
Lastly how do you calculate the 30 days of warranty if my glasses take too long to be ready, as it may pass 30 days in the process of finally getting a proper pair of glasses which enables me to read.

Hello Nali

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your situation. We would have to lodge a case to higher management about your issue and have them contact you directly to resolve so can you please PM us your details (contact number) and which store you visited so we can get an investigation happening for you to resolve?

Hello Jason,
How do I PM my contact number.
Thanks .

Hello Nali

Please send your details to this email customercare@opsm.com.au and just copy and paste the subject of this conversation. We will respond with your reference number and advise further from there.

Alison C.asked
OPSM Retail Stores

Really disappointed that I tried to pre-book eye test appointments for my family at OPSM Cherrybrook whilst on a quick trip back to Sydney and told there is a maximum of 3 appointments in 1 day per family policy?! As we have 2 adults and 4 children we would have to visit the outlet twice over 2 separate days rather than get it all done in 1 day with pre-bookings?!!! I could understand this if there weren’t many booking slots available (shows 10-16 slots online in 1 day!) or no pre-booking of appointments but isn’t this why you have a booking system? Talk about making it difficult for 6 immediate customers just so you leave booking slots available for other potential customers IF they book when those slots may remain vacant for the rest of the day anyway! New policy servicing non-existent potential customers at the expense of REAL and immediate customers???

Good Afternoon Alison,

Thank you for your feedback and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

We will ensure to escalate your experience through to Regional Management and . Can you please private message your contact details and Management will be in contact at the earliest opportunity?

Kind Regards,

Alison C.

Thanks for your response. Can your Regional Management email me per my email address? I have a week to get eye tests done but can only allocate 1 day, otherwise I will have to find another independent provider that can accommodate my whole family going forward due to this new OPSM policy on bookings that will not work for us.

Good Morning,

Can you please reply to our private message sent through, to confirm your contact details. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Dazzaasked
OPSM Retail Stores

I received my new glasses last week but unfortunately I'm not happy with them. The lens are kind of ok but the frames are not what I thought they'd be. They are only the $100 frames but all the same they feel and handle like kids play glasses, they feel so very cheap and I can't stand them I'm sorry. I feel embarrassed to go back to the purchase store for a refund, we're in a small town and it can be awkward. Can I go to a store in another area for my refund? Thank you in advance.

Hi Dazza

Thanks for reaching out to our team. You definitely can go to any OPSM store for a refund but we just want to reassure you that we have a 30 day refund policy for our consumers. Please see our website URL below for more information on returns if needed. It is easier to go back to the same store but you have the option advised as well.

Thank you and have a good day and please contact our team if you need any further assistance.

OPSM Customer Support Services

Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and OPSM representatives

Other Optical Retailers