5Optimum 400

Optimum 400 Questions & Answers

Debra S.
Debra S.

My Optimum 400 (red)has been great but this morning would not work, nothing. I can’t find the manual anywhere any advice please, there is no smell so l don’t believe it’s the motor thanks Deb

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Debra, Alex here from the Froothie Support Team. I am sorry to hear of the issue you are encountering with your appliance and the frustration this is causing you.
We pride ourselves in offering all our customers excellent service and all the feedback is taken seriously. I want you to be happy with your appliance as customer satisfaction is paramount at Froothie.
So that we can personally assist you, can you please call us at 1300 309 900 or open a ticket with our support team at external link . Our Ticketing and Warranty Team is ready to help you with any issues you may have, 24/7.

Have a Froothielicious day! :)
Warm regards
Alex

Denise A.
Denise A.

Big long blabber saying nothing. Why not simply give a link or the pdf to the manual. Others m8ght need it too

Wendy Young

Is this a scam ? The machine you are showing in your promotional adverts is a totally different machine from the 600 you are selling which looks tiny and inferior quality and is a totally different machine.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Wendy! I'm not sure which adverts you're referring to. We have many different versions of juicers :) Some models were discontinued and replaced with other designs.

If you want to see what we currently have available feel free to check out:
external link

We're definitely not a scam, we've been around since 2013. Feel free to come say hi and see the products first hand at our office in Bayswater, Melbourne :)

Wendy Young

Where are your up to date reviews these are old 4 years plus and will be for obsolete machines .

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Wendy! Which juicer are you interested in?
This version of the 400 we haven't sold for quite some time :)

PAULA

I can't get the base off my juicer to clean it. It's been sitting for an hour and I like to clean my juicers straight away. I can open the hopper but nothing else comes apart. I've tried running hot water through it and reversing it.

Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

Is the Auger still in the bowl ?

It sure is

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Paula, Thanks for your patience, the Juicer can become difficult to disassemble if correct procedure for juicing and/or cleaning are not followed. If you have difficulty taking the appliance apart, please try the following:

Keep the juicer running until the process has finished completely (juice drips have stopped), press the reverse button for 1 second to loosen the auger in the bowl (quite often this fixes the issue) and try to remove the hopper, if this does not work:
Keep the entire juicing assembly in one piece (do not remove the hopper) and attempt to remove the juicing assembly as one whole unit, this gives greater leverage and will cause no damage to the machine.
If these 2 points do not assist you, let us know :)

To ensure this does not happen again, please see below information:

Cleaning and storage

Please take the juicer apart and clean thoroughly after every use. When storing, make sure all parts are completely dry and store separately (unassembled).

Juicing Methods

You can find general tips on this page (second question): external link .

1. Alternate produce - If you're using multiple types of ingredient, make sure to cycle through them to optimise the flow of produce through the juicer. For example, juicing celery, apple and then carrot in batches of 1/3 the total quantity will yield better results than juicing all of the celery
at once, followed by all of the apple etc.

2. Let each item juice before adding more - Make sure to watch the produce pass through the juicer and out the pulp extraction port before adding the next ingredient. If the pulp isn't flowing out of the juicing bowl, make sure to clear the blockage before continuing to juice. Failure to do this step may make the pulp "back up" and flow up into the hopper causing excess pressure on the bowl and parts inside of it.

3. Make sure the orange/yellow pulp plug is inserted correctly - The silicon plug/tongue/stopper on the underside of the juicing bowl, is removable to assist with cleaning but often not reinserted correctly. It acts as a pressure point to ensure pulp ejects from the waste chute. The plug should not be pushed in with any force, and should sit comfortably a third of the way in (to avoid causing pressure and ejecting the pulp back into the juice)

4. Fibrous products/greens - Make sure you de-stem greens with tough stalks like Kale and cut/tear the leaves into pieces. For produce like celery, make sure to cut into 3-5cm pieces. The fresher the better for fibrous produce, ginger and celery become tougher and stringier as they age, making it more difficult to process.

A great video also available here: external link
Best
Alex
Froothie International Team

PAULA

Thanks Alex for your response. I did take it apart and found some unwanted sticky stuff under the little white silicon ring (juicer was second hand but in good condition). Everything else recommended has been followed and tried. I will try again in the next few days and see if this makes a difference. In the meantime I was able to remove it with a little soft leverage from a spoon against the edge and half way around it came free thank goodness. Cheers

Thomo
Thomo

Hello, we have lost our Optimum 400 Juicer User Manual. I have looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find one to down load and print off. Can you please let me know how to get another copy of the instructions. Cheers Wayne.

happycamper
happycamper

Just use this manual, it's for the next model up, but the models are all very similar https://www.froothie.si/Documents/Juicer600_Manual_ONLINE.pdf
Most important thing for me is to cut up everything in 'fruit salad size' pieces, it all goes through the juicer easily then :)

Hello Thomo, here is the manual for the Optimum 400: external link

Rineke Visser
Rineke Visser

How much is the 400 Juicer in Australia? Is is cheaper than the 600 Juicer? And is postage free? I live in Launceston Tasmania

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Rineke, thank you for your question. You can find all the necessary price information directly on this link external link  together with shipping prices if applicable. You can contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you have any questions :)

Nguyet N
Nguyet N

How much is it. Where is it made from?

smallbell
smallbell

It is made in PRC, which means China. I got it on special at around $250, but you might want to check their website for current price and specials.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Nguyet, better late than never :) Optimum© is an Australian-owned company, based in Melbourne and sold globally. The Optimum blenders and juicers are manufactured in Taiwan, Korea and China and assembled at an ISO9000 and ISO9001 certified factories.

All parts and appliances by Optimum are manufactured with remarkable precision using the highest quality materials. Optimum conducts extensive testing to achieve full product certification and accreditation to meet the industry’s Quality Control Standards.

More details about the Quality Control standards available here: external link

Froothie is an Australian company with branches around the world, see froothieinternational.com and external link , having sold tens of thousands of machines worldwide with great reviews.

All products are covered by a 24 x 7 Warranty team and nation-wide service centers.

Hope that helps!

willie
willie

I need spares on it. Where must I get it from?

hendyb
hendyb

Froothie should has it. If not, just email the support guys and ask.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Willie, Please contact our 24/7 Support and Warranty team at external link  and they will be able to assist you with spare parts for your OIptimum 400 juicer.

Have a lovely day :)

Froothie Support Team

NEWJUICY
NEWJUICY

Hi Sorry if this has been asked, I want a pulp free juicer, i have a blender and as I use it primarily for vegetables its hard to drink. Which will give me a proper juice (not smoothie) 400 or 500? Or both? Thanks

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Newjuicy! Both the Optimum 400 and 500 will give you a great result when juicing!

The advantage of the Optimum 500 is a dual action auger which will provide finer juicer :-)

Hope this helps!

Froothie Support

Fiona Forsyth
Fiona Forsyth

Where can I buy the Optimum 400?

I bought mine online.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Fiona, Thank you for your query.

You can place an order for the Optimum 400 here: external link

Simply choose the country you are based in and the website will redirect you to the relevant website where you can place your order.

If you have any further queries you can contact our 24/7 Support Team at external link

Kind Regards

Sez
Sez

Hi there,

Please could you point me in the direction for the care instructions for this product?

Thanks,

Sarah

Sherrill

They come with the machine or you can find them on the internet, just google Optimum 400. It is very easy to care for, just wash the parts in warm soapy water.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Sarah, Thank you for your query.

Caring for the Optimum 400 is a very quick and easy process, all of our Optimum Slow Juicers come with a detailed manual including the care instructions.

For any questions or issues you can contact our 24/7 Warranty and Support Team at external link

You can also view a detailed video on our YouTube channel showing how to assemble and clean the Optimum 400: external link

Please let us know if you have any further questions :-)

Kind Regards :-)

Froothie Support

Daimian
Daimian

Does this juicer produce pulp free juice?

Sherrill

Yes, all the pulp is separated.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Daimian, Thank you for your query.

The Optimum 400 produces a thin juice with minimal to no pulp.

If you do wish for a juicer with more pulp, we also provide a coarse strainer; as well as a blank strainer for making ice creams and nut butters.

You can see our Juicers in action here: external link

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards.

JakkiJones
JakkiJones

Does the fruit and veg need to be peeled for this juicer?

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello JakkiJones, No, you do not need to peel fruit and vegetables to put through the Optimum 400.

However with citrus fruits such as oranges, some of our customer's do prefer to peel them as the peel has quite a bitter taste.

Kind Regards, Froothie Team.

Sherrill

One of the many advantages of Optimum 400 is that you don't need to peel most ingredients ( exception is citrus). It is great if you are using ginger or turmeric.

Nicole Strat
Nicole Strat

Hi, My current slow juicer keeps stopping if I put more than one piece of cut up fruit/vege in at one time. It can really only handle a small piece fed into it very, very slowly or it just stops. Does this happen at all with the Optimum 400? Thanks in advance.

Colleen
Colleen

Hi. I was instantly going to answer 'no it doesnt stop or jam" , but i actually cut my veg/fruit into pieces (carrots length ways then in half, apples into quarters etc) and only place them in one at a time. I feel that gives the machine enough time to get the most juice out of each piece. As It is pressing not blending. The cast off shoot can get clogged if too much cerery or "stringy" veg goes in at a time but is easily pushed through with a few chunks of firmer veg like carrots. I make up a 3 litre jug of mixed juice a couple of times a week. It is my first cold pressed juicer so i cant compare to others but I've been very happy with it. Hope this helps.

Sherrill

The Optimum 400 is able to process all types of veggies and fruit. There are techniques to ensure it doesn't jam when processing stringy veggies, the order in which you process the items helps and the optimum400 has a reverse button that dislodges anything that does get stuck. I have rarely had any problem.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Nicole, better late than never :) You can find tips on using a slow juicer and avoiding any blockage while reducing pulp here: external link

Tip #1) Do not press/shove food into the juicer

Most of us have juiced with the old-style centrifugal juicing machines. If you recall, those machines require you to forcefully press/shove food into them, and allow large items like whole apples. You are required to push hard on carrots and apples to shove them into the spinning blade where they are shredded into tiny flying pieces.

Do not use this same pushing/pressing/shoving force with the Optimum Juicer or any other slow juicer. There is no spinning blade and no dizzying shredding taking place. No pressing is required. Instead, simply let your food fall into the "chewing auger." Virtually no force is necessary, and forcing more food into the chute can cause too much vegetable mass to clog in the auger, resulting in pulp overflowing into your juice, or the juicer becoming blocked.

When juicing grasses, feed the Optimum Juicer a small amount of grass at a time, cutting the grass into short pieces approximately 3cm long. This ensures the waste can easily come out of the waste chute. You do not need to "clump" the grass into a ball. In fact, you can slowly feed small strands of grass, coriander, parsley, kale, spinach and other leafy greens without any force necessary.

A great tip for large leafy, stringy or fibrous vegetables is to remove the leaf from the stem, cut both leaves and stems into 3-5cm lengths and feed through gently, letting the auger pull the ingredients into the juicer, using the tamper only gently if required.

Tip #2) Juice low-fibre plants first, and high-fibre plants last

Here's a really important tip: If you're going to juice high-fibre plants like celery or spinach, juice them last! Why? Because the fibres in celery tends to accumulate in the ejection port at the bottom of the juicing auger. If this port becomes clogged, then "pulp overflow" will occur, sending extra pulp into your juice. Following Tip #1 though will minimise the chances of this occurring to almost zero.

As long as the ejection port stays open, the pulp in your juice will be minimised. The best way to do this is to juice low-fibre fruits and veggies first: Apples, carrots, etc. and saving the stringier, fibrous plants for last. This will lead to a much better result when your concern is the amount of pulp in the final juice.

NB: If you are planning on juicing large amounts and do not mind a very small amount of pulp in the juice another alternative (to ensure you do not block the juicer), is to alternate your leafy greens and stringy items, with the harder items like carrot and beetroot.

Tip #3) Insert red plug correctly

Make sure the red rubber plug/tongue/stopper on the underside of the juicing bowl, is correctly inserted into its slot. This part is removable to assist with cleaning but often not reinserted correctly. It acts as a pressure point to ensure pulp ejects from the waste chute.

Tip #4) Juice your juice

If you still find too much pulp in your juice, simply pour the juice back through the machine again and you will find that the second time through, nearly all the pulp is removed.

You can also strain it through a nut-milk bag, if you wish, but that takes more time and effort.

In case you have any additional questions please contact our support team at support@froothie.com.au or call 1300 309 900

Hope that helps :)

Asrip28
Asrip28

Is the juicer jar made made of plastic or glass?

Karl
Karl

Some hardened former of plastic, it says what it is on the website! Good quality, seems durable!

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Asrip28, better late than never :) All the containers in our blenders are BPA free!

They are made out of tough, long-lasting Eastman Tritan, used by brands such as Vitamix.

Douglas Vincent
Douglas Vincent

What happens to orange pips? Do the end up juiced or in the pulp?

susan.kyle.589

I have not found any pips in the juicer

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Douglas, better late than never :) Can you please let us know what orange pips you are referring to. In case you have any questions about the usage of the juicer just reach out to support@froothie.com.au and the team will be able to assist :)

debbie.gatland
debbie.gatland

I want a juicer with minimal froth - is this the juicer for me?

Anneke
Anneke

I have never had froth from juicing fruits and vegetables. Only minimal froth from leafy greens but this is easily stirred in before drinking.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello debbie.gatland, better late than never :) The Optimum H3000 2nd Gen. might be the ideal juicer for you.
The Optimum H3000 2nd Generation will be the World’s FIRST juicer to have the vacuum technology, ensuring more nutrients and taste in your juicer, which can also last longer without oxidizing. The juicer will also have pulp control so you can choose the amount of pulp you would like in your juice. Another addition is a heating function! This will allow you to heat the nut milk or baby food you prepared :-)
More infos here: external link

Hope that helps :)

masori
masori

Does it handle a super hard vegetable like beetroot?

Brock Lifetarian
Brock Lifetarian

Sure does, just chop them into medium sized pieces first. Call me on 0410659053 if you like to know more happy to share :)

Reenie
Reenie

Cracks thru ice, so it will make mince out of beetroot....love mine

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Masori, better late than never :) Like Brock and Reenie already mentioned the Optimum 400 can definitely juice beetroots, carrots and other hard vegetables!

Leesa65
Leesa65

hi folks. when you guys bought this optimum slow juicer, when you first opened the box and the juicer, did you guys smell a stinky "new" chemical or plastic smell? i just saw one in a shop today that looks exactly like this one (and the bosco) and i opened the box and was stunk out by the chemical and plastic smells coming from the juicer. i'm currently looking to buy one. thank you so much in advance for any replies.

susan.kyle.589

No, I had no chemical smell, for the price of the optimum slow juicer currently, the fast delivery service 2 days and the above and beyond customer service, let alone the high performance of the Optimum. I would not even think of buying anything other than the Optumum. I told my husband this is the best thing he has ever bought me, including the 9400 blender he bought me at the same time as well which is a great price. I wish I had discovered these products years ago! I have never had anything so brilliant appliances wise in a long time. I have already told my friends and family they have to get one, even thinking about getting the set for my sister for her birthday, to help her with her diet for her MS.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Leesa65, better late than never :-) Not really sure what was the issue with the Juicer you saw in the shop as our customers never reported a similar situation. All the materials used for our appliances are top quality, food-grade safe & BPA free made especially to ensure you will enjoy all the benefits of Cold Press Juicing without having to worry about potential risks to your health and well-being.

I hope that you already are the proud owner of an Optimum Slow Juicer and you're already enjoying fresh cold press juice & more daily. Just in case you or anyone else is interested in taking on daily juicing as a healthy habit, check out the Froothie Australia website for the latest Cold Press Juicer Model that yields 10%-20% more juice than any other Juicer on the market, the Optimum 600M.

Hope this helps and cheers to your health!

Francois N.