Optimum 9200A

65 questions from our users

Angelica

Angelicaasked

Hello,
My son blends frozen fruit non stop and often without any liquid added. Will this blender work for this? Thank you

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Angelica, definitely that works. We recommend to blend on the highest speed and use the tamper tool to ensure everything will be blended efficiently :) Also you can use the pulse button in the start. It is however important to not blend more than a minute as otherwise the content will get warm ;)

Here are some videos on how to make ice cream: https://youtu.be/e0zThzTx-oY, https://youtu.be/fNiPr045Nq8, https://youtu.be/lzAQQ-gKDKE

Dan

Danasked

if i order from slovenia (eu), service is in germany? who is paying shipping costs in waranty time if there are needs for repairs?

Hello Dan,

Our warranty is covered by an online Warranty and Technical Support team who resolve over 97% of warranty claims. In the unlikely scenario the product needs to be inspected, we have service centers and cover parts, labour and postage to the customer. Major faults involve a replacement, minor faults are repaired. The main repair center in Europe is in the Netherlands and another one is being opened in Germany until the end of the year :)

Standard warranty depends on the appliance and is listed on the relevant product pages. We also offer an optional lifetime warranty :)

The company is currently offering customers a trial period, with the option to return the product within 30 days from the date of receipt of the order for a full refund. This allows you to try the product in your own kitchen before deciding whether to keep it. :)

Our main warehouse is based in the Netherlands and delivery usually takes about 3-4 business days, even faster in some countries such as the Netherlands for example (1-2 business days)

We also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you have time to try out the blender at home and in case you are not satisfied you can return it to us within 30 days no questions asked :)

Hope that helps Dan, in case you have any additional questions just call us, send us an email or a message on Whatsapp +61 3 8609 2210 :)

Have a great day!

regards

Karelasked

Hi,

I've been using the 9200A for about a year now and have been getting some brown dust/soot on the bottom of my jug over the last week. It has also become very loud and the possibly dropped in blending efficacy. I've also sent in an enquiry into support but I've had no response for a couple of days now.

Is there someone I can speak to regarding to this issue?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Karel, Sebastien here from the Froothie Support Team.

I am sorry to hear of the issue you are encountering with your appliance and the frustration this is causing you. It seems that most likely there seems to be an issue with the blade bearing. To investigate this further I require some more details.
We pride ourselves in offering all our customers excellent service and all the feedback is taken seriously. I want you to be happy with your appliance as customer satisfaction is paramount at Froothie.
So that we can personally assist you, could you please kindly contact the General Manager directly at francois@froothie.com.au and he will work with our technical team to have the problem resolved to your satisfaction ASAP.

Warm regards
Sebastien

Thank you Sebastian.

I have been in correspondence with Andrea from Customer Care (Athena) but due to a lack of responsiveness and solid any solution met, I have now escalated to contacting Francois for his input using the email you've provided.

Andrea advised a change in the blade assembly but did not provide a base plate removal tool or even instructions, neither were they contained in/with your product manual which has led to some back and forth just acquiring them.

Lastly, in attempting to remove the base plate using the tool provided as per the instructions from Andrea, I am getting nowhere. The base plate just turns continuously without ever loosening or coming out. I’ve tried both clockwise and counter-clockwise numerous times.

It is very frustrating as I have not been able to use my blender for over a week and I rely on it daily.

I will now wait for a response from either party.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Karel, thank you for your response. Normally a blade removal tool is not directly included with a new blade assembly as it can normally be replaced quite easily without it :) However in your case it seems there might have been also an issue with the base of the jug or base plate since you have explained that you were not able to replace the blades even with the tool.

I just took a look at the ticket and I can see that Francois has already arranged a new jug :) You should receive it shortly!

Let me know in case you have any additional questions :)

Pat A

Pat Aasked

I have just bought the 9200A and I'm thinking of returning it! My main reason for buying this model was to make almond butter. I've watched the video and done exactly the same but they just stick in the bottom and don't budge at all even after adding oil. Help!!!!!!

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Pat, this is very strange. Making nut butter is very easy :)

I can definitely help you out with that!

Here's a few great videos:

Kisane from Froothie TV!

Candy from our office in Melbourne :)

Sunny Side Up, our partner from Romania!

Here are a few points we've compiled that are important to achieving the best results:

1. Roasted nuts release their oil content more readily than raw nuts, this makes the process of forming a butter quicker and simpler. The less time the nuts take to blend, the less heat is generated which is good for both the nuts and the blender! Note: the roasted nuts need to be completely cool before you attempt to blend them. This isn't to say you can't make nut butter from raw nuts but we suggest you get used to the process with roasted nuts first and then make the transition once you're comfortable!

2. High Speed - Make sure to use the highest speed on the blender when making any thick recipe, especially nut butter. Using high speed gets the job done faster, generating less heat and reducing strain on the motor.

3. Use the Tamper tool - The tamper tool needs to be used to constantly press the ingredients down from the sides of the jug, making sure it's being processed by the blades. Air pockets will naturally form if nothing is done to stop them so we recommend constantly tamping around the edge of the jug until the process is completed. Note: Make sure not to rest the tamper in the center of the jug (directly above the blades) while blending, this will effectively close the center of the vortex and block air from circulating.

4. Make sure the nuts are dry - If you soak or activate nuts for nut butter, please ensure that they're totally dry before attempting to blend. Using a dehydrator will achieve the fasted/best results though make sure the nuts are totally cooled before blending.

5. Quantity - As a rule of thumb you should always at least cover the blades by 1-2cm. We recommend a maximum 3 to 4 cups of nuts to make sure you're not overloading the blender. This figure can vary depending on the natural oil content of the nuts. The higher the oil content, the larger the quantity that can be blended at once. On the contrary, if you're using nuts with a lower oil content, a lower quantity may be applicable.

6. Adding liquid - Avoid adding water into mixture, it will likely make the mixture clumpy and prevent it from properly forming butter. If you're adding any flavorings or powders, please add them once the butter has already formed. If the mixture is too dry, you can add small amounts of oil, we prefer an oil with a neutral flavour. This shouldn't effect blending, just flavour.

If you find the process taking far too long or notice any smoking or steaming coming from any part of the blender please stop the process and contact customer service to make sure your blender is functioning correctly.

I look forward to hearing about how you go :)

If you get stuck on any specific recipe just let me know and we can give you some more tips!

Theresa A.asked

Hi have u got a 1 litre jug that fits this blender

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Theresa, Alex from Froothie Team here.
At the moment the available jug for the Optimum 9200 Blender is the 2L one. But you can do smaller quantities in the 2L jug set as long as you have covered the blades.
In case there is anything else I can assist you with just let me know :)
Best
Alex

Theresa A.

Where is you newzealand shop.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Theresa, our New Zeeland website is https://www.froothie.co.nz/ and all the details can be found there.
Best
Alex

Katharina Keil

Katharina Keilasked

Anyone can tell me how the Optimum 9200A is handling ice?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Katharina, thanks to the six stainless steel blade assembly the frozen food is crushed at an incredible speed, leaving no time for them to melt! So after a few pulses, your ice-cream can be ready.
Here is a video: https://youtu.be/47103NNs63w

And more videos on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FroothieTV

Hope this helps :)

If there's anything else I can help you with please let me know :)

John S.asked

What kind of life span I should expect from the bearings with the assumption that the blender used daily for smoothies ?

I ==I am referring to the Optimum 9200A

Audrey J.

Audrey J.asked

What is the difference between 9200 and 9200a. I presently have a 9200, had it for several years,
Thankyou

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Audrey, the Optimum 9200A is our newest model that has improved motor brushes and improved blades and jug design :)

Cheryl

Cherylasked

Which of your vortex blenders have removable blades? I'm really fussy about cleaning properly which is why I never considered a Vitamix.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Cheryl, you can remove the blades from the jug on all our blenders except for the Evolve. However, the Evolve has an automatic cleaning function so you won't have to remove the blades at all for proper cleaning. Have a look here: https://youtu.be/4ql5cMs6zAM

Hope that helps :)

Elitsa B.asked

Has anyone ordered a product from froothie from Eastern Europe? I placed an order last Monday and still haven't received any tracking details. Still no answer from the support team to my last email as well. I am starting to stress out a little bit.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Elitsa, thank you for your message and for placing an order with us. I can see your order in our system and you should have also received a message from our customer support team. There was a slight delay in the customs clearance of the incoming shipment however this has already been sorted as per our update message we emailed :) In case you have not received that please also check your spam folder as it might have ended up in there.
Your order is with our warehouse MIDL and they are preparing it for dispatch! As soon as the order has left the warehouse the tracking number will be emailed to you.

If you have any additional questions contact us anytime via Facebook, Instagram or Email at support@froothie.bg :)

Have a great day!

Elitsa B.

Thank you very much for the fast reply. Actually, soon after I posted the message here I received an email from the support team. I can't wait to try it out and give you my feedback, although I am pretty sure it will exceed my expectations.
Have a nice day!

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Wuhuu can't wait for you to receive your blender :)

Also don't forget to join our new invite-only Healthy Eating Facebook group, exclusive for the Froothie community to come together, connect and share recipes, tips, and win prizes with regular competitions!

Check it out, it could literally change your life!: https://www.facebook.com/groups/177230346528016

Arno

Arnoasked

Hi,

Where can I buy it from in Auckland?
I want to see how noisy it is compared to a nutri ninja that we want to replace.
When are you on special?

Scott
Scott

A quick google search and you can buy the Optimum in NZ from here: https://www.nzhealthstore.co.nz/shop/SHOP+BY+BRAND/Froothie/The+Optimum+9200.html

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Arno, you can buy it on www.froothie.co.nz :) Our blenders come with a 30 day free trial, allowing you to use the item yourself and in the unlikely event that you are unhappy with the machine you could opt to send it back for a full refund. Here a comparison to the Nutri Ninja: https://www.froothie.com.au/optimum-8200-vs-nutri-ninja-comparison-review
The Optimum 9200A has about 80dB

Hope that helps :)

Marthaasked

There seems to be a discrepancy about the warranty? You advertise a lifetime warranty and yet in your comparison, it says 5 or max 10-year warranty. Furthermore, does the warranty cover all parts and repair costs, and is it lifetime or 10 years?

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Hello Martha, the lifetime warranty is optional :) The standard warranty is 5 years and you can upgrade to a 10y or lifetime motor warranty (lifetime means as long as you have the appliance). More info here: https://froothiewarranty.com/

Martha

do you mean optional 10 year full service and parts warranty as well as a lifetime warranty on the motor

meldyclift

meldycliftasked

can you mince meat in it?

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Hello there, our High Speed Vortex Blenders can definitely be used to mince meat and chop onions (with or without water), they produce a rough chop rather than a stylized chop. They can also be used to grind wheat, oats, rice and more into flour.
For more information on how you can use our blenders you can contact our 24/7 Support Team at https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Have a lovely day :-)
Kind Regards, Froothie Team.

Camilla M.

Camilla M.asked

Hi.
I am considering a purchase of this black friday offer. I live in Denmark though... How Is shipping to europe?
Kind regards Camilla

PFC
PFC

Camilla... the Black Friday price is a regular price for these guys. The sale will finish and they will start that little red timer again and have the same price. So, no need to rush to make your decision. Their sale tactic is a bit of a scam. It just continues and continues at that same price. They put the timer there to trick people into buying now as they are made to believe that the price will go up after the timer ends.

Hello Camilla
Thanks for your interest in our appliances :)
For delivery to Denmark just check out froothie.dk
Our main warehouse is in the Netherlands and delivery to Denmark usually takes about 2-3 business days.
We also offer an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee :)
Hope this helps
Alexandra

Hello PFC
I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Camilla has asked about our special black friday coupon codes it seems and those are only valid until Cyber Monday :)
Regarding which products are on sale that depends and changes regularly.
Alexandra

Julia

Juliaasked

If I purchase the lifetime warranty will it still be applicable if I were to move to NZ at some stage?

Daverand

Hi Julia, I cannot answer you but the supplier, Froothie, has been very good at supplying information. Its website has several means of communication, go to https://www.froothie.com.au/

Hi Julia,
I can confirm that your Lifetime Warranty will be as well valid in NZ and any repair (if needed) will be carried out in our repair center in Avondale, Auckland

David B.

David B.asked

How much does it cost?

$340 when on special

brisdudeasked

Hi there can somone answer where the Optimum blenders are made ie Australia or China or?

Daverand

The label on mine says: "MADE IN PRC" which is China.

brisdude

Hah Ok thanks I was worried about that I might go Vitamix, Thank you.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

It's a local brand, the products are developed in Australia, we are based in Melbourne.
The manufacturing is done in our factory in China like all other brands in the industry.
Much like Vitamix, who proclaim their production is solely in the US, it is predominantly in China.

However, I would also like to add that we have all the certifications and perform quality control on all shipments.

Our manufacturing is 100% ethical and our brand is far from 100% Chinese. Aspects of manufacturing which is mainly assembly is in China however much of our parts and development are not.

However China has made leaps and bounds and has become a quality and reputable source of manufacturing. We ensure all our manufacturing is ethical and all products undergo a comprehensive quality review.
You can read more about the quality standards here:

All our appliances also meet the Australia, European and USA compliances' relevant :)

I apologize for the previous response, it was from a bot we're testing to help us streamline our customer service.
It definitely didn't work according to plan so I do sincerely apologize.

Let me know if there's anything else I can clarify or if you would prefer to jump on a call give us a buzz on 1300 309 900 :)

hoang

hoangasked

Hi. Is this machine made in Australia or China.? it's come with the glass jug or plastic jug.?
KIND REGARDS.
DINH DO

Hi Hoang!

Due to the high speed of the blades and the powerful motor, glass is an unsafe option for high speed blenders like Vitamix and Optimum. If a spoon, or other utensil, were to be accidentally dropped in or left in the container during processing, the glass container could shatter or explode and cause serious injury. Glass jugs are usually only available with weaker less-expensive blenders, and high speed blenders cannot be approved for sale in Australia with a glass jug.

All Optimum jugs are made of high-quality commercial-grade Eastman Tritan copolyester material (BPA Free), and are virtually unbreakable. All jugs are heat proof, approved for health and safety by the US Food & Drug Administration, CE, Underwriters Laboratory and the European Laboratory Commission.

The Optimum jugs are very durable and will not break, great example in this video with someone slamming the jug with a hammer numerous times:

I hope that helps clear it up :)

If there's anything else I can help you with please let me know!

Daverand

The label on mine says: "MADE IN PRC" which is China.

DELORES

DELORESasked

Is everything made of steel ie chassis and blades and associated parts?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Delores, both the Chassis and blades are stainless steel :-)

All blender parts are made of the highest quality parts, we break it all down on our website :-)

Hope this helps!

Nutaboutfoodasked

Hello. I have my brand new blender Optimum 9200A (2nd Gen) since Sept-2018 and have been advised NOT to use my blender until I receive the replacement package (refer to ticket # 639251). Just less than 3 months of use and I can no longer use the blender; not a good experience. Six days ago I was informed the replacement parts has arrived at the warehouse, however I still have not receive confirmation or the status of the replacement package. I have been very patience and trying my best to understand the unforeseen circumstances but Athena Solutions Team are not responding to my follow up emails for days now. Could you please help with this urgently? If you are not able to help and Athena Solutions Team continue to ignore my follow up emails or won't provide an update, could you please process a full refund back to me? Hope to hear from you soon.

Nutaboutfood

Finally received a reply from Athena Solutions Team, after posting this question here. They still can't provide me a confirmation when I can receive the replacement package as they actually don't have all the replacement parts. So far this blender of mine gave us an extremely short (useful) lifespan, 61 days to be exact as the blender arrived on 10-Sept-2018 and malfunction presented on 09-Nov-2018. Will I get to resume the use of this blender (with confident) before Christmas this year 2018?

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives