Optimum Appliances 9400 1st Generation

105 questions from our users

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

There is no clear answer here regarding use of the pulse switch, please clarify. I have read in the online manual that the Pulse switch does not function without the unit being switched on
(‘a safety feature’).
However, the Pulse switch on the unit I have (1st gen 9400) will switch it immediately to ultra high speed regardless of whether the other switch is on or off. Is this in fact normal?

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have informed our Technical Team about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.
Thank you for being part of the Froothie family :)

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Zedd, thank you for your patience. The technician did get back to me and mentioned that this depends on the model. Because the newer models have different safety features compared to older models from 2014 for example. To be able to advise further it would be great if you can email us at support@froothie.com.au :) Have a great day!

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi I have one of these first Gen. 9400 blenders. I noticed the jug has a recycling indicator on it a tiny triangle made up of 3 arrows chasing each other. This is cast into the jug on manufacture to inform which type of material it’s made of. On my one it has a ‘7’ which does not indicate that it’s BPA free but rather that it is amongst the type best avoided in food preparation appliances.
I,m curious as the instruction manual clearly states BPA free?

Hello Zedd,
to be able to investigate this please email us at support@froothie.com.au and ensure to mention your order number and serial number.
Thank you for being part of the Froothie family :)

Alexasked

9400 1st Generation

How will I know if I have a 1st or 2nd generation Optimum 9400 blender?

Hey Alex,
Alex from Froothie International Team here :)
If your blender was purchased before June 2018, it's 1st version (generation)
If it was purchased after June 2018, it's the 2nd version (generation)
Hope this helps

Abbyasked

Hi
We havent used our machine for a while but it looks like the blade has seized inside the jug. Can I just replace the blade or do I need to buy a whole new jug?

Lance S.
Lance S.

Hi Abby,
You're quite right, the bearing seal has failed and allowed liquids into the bearing and so it has seized. This happened to me some time ago and Froothie sent me a new one free of charge. Either way you'll have to contact them for another. Just use the supplied plastic 'spanner' to unscrew the black plastic retainer under the jug. To ensure less chance of this happening again I never leave fluids in the jug, emptying it as soon as I've finished. If you are a little bit handy (and careful) you can remove the dome nut holding the blades together and sharpen them using a file or stone and transforms the blender into a 'beast' (well...it's a lot more efficient least). :)
Hope this is of some help
Lance

Abby

Hi lance. Thats really helpful, thank you very much! I dont have the spammer any more but will check in with froothie

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Abby, in case you have not already opened a ticket with our warranty support team you can do so here: https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new :) And we will be able to assist in having your blade assembly replaced :)

myhealingcommunity

myhealingcommunityasked

9400 1st Generation

Hello. I need to replace my Optimum 9400 "1st generation" "JUG" ONLY. The base is fine.
My Q. Does the G2 jug fit the G1?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi @myhealingcommunity yes the G2.1 jug will fit for your 9400 :)

Karolina G.asked

9400 1st Generation

I ordered blades for my Optimum 9400 but received blade Optimum 1903. Is this suitable for my blender?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Karolina, can you please email us your order number to support@froothie.com.au and we will look into this for you ASAP :)

Thank you, will do now.

Rene n.

Rene n.asked

9400 1st Generation

Has anyone else had problems with this not switching on? Ours has stopped working after nearly 5 yes It's got nothing to do with the reset button. Customer support is being slow to respond

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Renee, so sorry we've been slow to respond.
You can contact our technical team via this link https://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to assist you with solving any technical issues. You can of course also contact me directly at francois@froothie.com.au and I will see how I can help you get the matter resolved asap :-)

Bill
Bill

I am having the same problem with my 9400. Did you have any luck fixing it?

CJ C

CJ Casked

9400 1st Generation

Hi, Is the 9400 strong to handle nuts on a daily basis?

Cez

Sorry, unfortunately not on my one

Seryn L
Seryn L

I use it probably 2 times a week with nuts and haven’t had any issues.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello CJ C, thank you for your message. The Optimum 9400 is designed to blend thick contents and can easily make nut butters. You can see the blender in action on this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eio8gQWZS4Y. We hope this helps but please feel free to contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you have any questions :)

Steve H

Steve Hasked

9400 1st Generation

Will the 9400 handel whole wheat berries in small amounts and transform them into soft flour?

Hello Steve H,
Thank you for your question. We can confirm that the blender can easily blend whole wheat berries to turn them into a fine flour as the motor is certainly powerful enough to achieve this. When making small quantities, please make sure that the blades are fully covered by the ingredients so that the blades can create the Vortex. We hope this helps but please feel free to contact us at support@froothie.com.au if you have any questions

Rebeccaasked

9400 1st Generation

I love the idea of the optional extra smaller jug for smaller quantities with the Optimim 9400. Does this small 1 litre jug fit any of the other Optimum blenders eg the G2.1/2.3 ranges?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Rebecca, thank you for your enquiry. The 750ml mini jug is only suitable for the Optimum 9400. However, the G2.3 comes automatically with 2 jugs - a 2L and a 1L. We hope this helps but please feel free to contact us at support@froothie.com.au if you have any further questions :)

Rebecca

In regard to the smaller jugs, the 750ml (for 9400) and the 1litre (G2.3), do they also have the 6 blades and are therefore capable of the same functions as the larger jugs? We are a two-person household and often I will be making small quantities accordingly

Ralph S

Ralph Sasked

9400 1st Generation

What is the voltage of the Optimum 9400? 220v or 120v?
Please reply to [email address removed]

Hi, i have 220V. Thanks

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Ralph, thank you for your message. All products sold on our Australian site come with 220v. We hope this helps but feel free to contact us at support@froothie.com.au if you have any further questions :)

cheryl

cherylasked

9400 1st Generation

I am opening a small juice bar within a small pilates studio and was curious if this blender would be sufficient enough?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Cheryl, thank you for your message and your interest in our products. We can confirm that the Optimum 9400 is suitable to be used in a juice bar. It is used in many cafes and juice bars across the world with great feedback. Please contact our customer service team at support@froothie.com.au if you need further information. We hope this helps :)

Mark I

Mark Iasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi i have a optimum 9400 blender and would like to know how i go about replacing bearing in jug? I can be emailed at [email removed] Thanks

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Mark, thank you for your message. You can simply contact our technical support team via this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to directly assist you. We hope this helps :)

Sheryl

Sherylasked

9400 1st Generation

I am looking to by a Juicer but am very interested in the optimum 9400. Am I able to use it as a juicer similar as the new optimum 700?
I don't mined if there is still ruffige in the end result.thankyou

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your question. The Optimum 9400 Vortex blender can make fresh juices. It is able to easily blend whole fruits and vegetables, unpeeled and uncut, creating a healthy juice full of fibres. If you prefer, you can also remove the pulp using a sieve or a nut milk bag. We hope this helps but please contact us at support@froothie.com.au if you have any further questions :)

IrisM

IrisMasked

9400 1st Generation

Where can I buy a lid and a tamper for the Optimum 9400. Does not have to be a new one. Mine got lost in a move.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Iris, you can contact our customer service team directly at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to assist you. Hope this helps :)

Niraj

Nirajasked

How to open this lid?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your enquiry. The lid of the Optimum 9400 is easy to remove by simply pulling it up. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team at support@froothie.com.au. We hope this helps :)

Linda

Lindaasked

9400 1st Generation

I use coconut cream in my green smoothies, but do not like wasting a bottle of white vinegar to remove the oily film that's left behind. Any easier and cheaper options?

Dawn
Dawn

For greasy or oily washups, I use a small dash of ammonia to the detergent and warm water and it is quite effective. Rinsing your washup in warm water that has a dash of vinegar in it, makes your washup gleam and clean.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Linda, thank you for your enquiry and Dawn, thank you for your detailed cleaning tips. You can also use a tablespoon of apple cider, a drop of detergent and a tablespoon of baking soda. Add some warm water and let is soak for a couple of minutes. You can also leave it overnight and then simply rinse and wipe down with a towel. We hope this helps :)

Stephen Dobson

Stephen Dobsonasked

9400 1st Generation

is the optimum 9400 compatible with a vitamix 0.9L wet jug?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your message. We recommend that only Optimum jugs are used on our blenders as we cannot guarantee that competitors' jugs are compatible. We hope this helps :)

Deb

Debasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi I have an optimum 9400 which I bought direct from anthena I have had it just over a year and one of the rubber feet has come off and I have lost it can u tell me how I get another one please ?
Kind regards Debra welton
Email [email removed]

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Hi Deb,
Please contact our 24/7 support team at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to assist you with this.
Have a great day :)

Mmath

Mmathasked

9400 1st Generation

I only use my Optimum 9400 to make smoothies and a raw food cake occasionally which I always have trouble with as the ingredients always get stuck around the blades and they free spin.
Today I was making the Almond date cake again and the blender just stopped. I read about the reset button but mine doesn't go in it just kind of presses and nothing happens. The blender still won't work. Help!

A.S.
A.S.

Same for me : my 9400 just stopped while I was blending easy ingredients together. Manually the rotation of both blades and engine are functioning (I can make them turn). Seems to be the engine !? I unplugged and replugged, waited in case machine needed to cool of (though not hot at all!) and nothing changes. Am very disappointed, for the high price should guarantee better solidity !
Can this message please be answered with proper help ? thank you, AS.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your messages. We are sorry you are having an issue with your blenders. Can you please contact our technical support team directly via this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to assist you directly. We hope this helps :)

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives