Optimum 9400

131 questions from our users

D.M.P

D.M.Pasked

9400 1st Generation

What can I do if my blender is stuck on full speed?

Ajith Bhojani
Ajith Bhojani

I'd contact support. Sounds like a serious problem.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi D.M.P,, Alex from Froothie International Team here. Thank you for providing us with your positive feedback as we strive to make our customers happy!❤️ I am so sorry to hear about that and already informed our Expert Technical Support Team which is literally only one click or a phone call away. For any questions you have, you can email us at suppport@froothie.com.au, call us at 1300 309 900 or simply can open a ticket with our support team at https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Our Ticketing and Warranty Team is ready to help you with any issues you may have, 24/7.❤️
Have a Froothielicious day! :)

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

There is no clear answer here regarding use of the pulse switch, please clarify. I have read in the online manual that the Pulse switch does not function without the unit being switched on
(‘a safety feature’).
However, the Pulse switch on the unit I have (1st gen 9400) will switch it immediately to ultra high speed regardless of whether the other switch is on or off. Is this in fact normal?

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have informed our Technical Team about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Zedd, thank you for your patience. The technician did get back to me and mentioned that this depends on the model. Because the newer models have different safety features compared to older models from 2014 for example. To be able to advise further it would be great if you can email us at support@froothie.com.au :) Have a great day!

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi I have one of these first Gen. 9400 blenders. I noticed the jug has a recycling indicator on it a tiny triangle made up of 3 arrows chasing each other. This is cast into the jug on manufacture to inform which type of material it’s made of. On my one it has a ‘7’ which does not indicate that it’s BPA free but rather that it is amongst the type best avoided in food preparation appliances.
I,m curious as the instruction manual clearly states BPA free?

Hello Zedd,
to be able to investigate this please email us at support@froothie.com.au and ensure to mention your order number and serial number.

Zedd B.

Zedd B.asked

May I have the size of the bearings inside of the 9400 blade set. (there are 2 of them).
The originals are NMB bearings. I was looking for the code of an compatible but superior bearing SKF for example. Thankyou

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have requested our Technical Team more details about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Alexasked

What is the difference between an Optimum 9400 and 9400 2nd generation? The first one is the older version. As I only have the serial number as reference - can you tell me which version I have? 16030311 and the number of the jug is: 940025439. I need this information in order to sort out which 2L jug I should order as a replacement. Thank you.

Hey Alex,
Alex from Froothie International here
If your blender has 2 switches and a speed dial on the front it will be gen Optimum 9400 1st generation and if it has only 1 big dial in the middle which has all the functions on it this is the 2nd generation.
Hope this helps

Alexasked

9400 1st Generation

How will I know if I have a 1st or 2nd generation Optimum 9400 blender?

Hey Alex,
Alex from Froothie International Team here :)
If your blender was purchased before June 2018, it's 1st version (generation)
If it was purchased after June 2018, it's the 2nd version (generation)
Hope this helps

Juliana

Julianaasked

I have an Optimum 9400 first gen about 3 years old. My don't seem to work properly. It is not blending well, and see some rust/black liquid in the drink. It is also making a lot of noise when blending. How do I fix this and how do I go about in fixing it?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Juliana, Alex here from the Froothie Support Team.
I am sorry to hear of the issue you are encountering with your appliance and the frustration this is causing you.

We pride ourselves in offering all our customers excellent service and all the feedback is taken seriously. I want you to be happy with your appliance as customer satisfaction is paramount at Froothie.

So that we can personally assist you, could you please kindly contact the General Manager directly at francois@froothie.com.au and he will work with our technical team to have the problem resolved to your satisfaction ASAP.

Warm regards

Karl Dagg

Karl Daggasked

Hi Froothie,
With your 9400 refurbished machines what warranty do they come with. I see jug, bearings and blades need replacing at differing intervals. Are these covered? What generation are the refurbished blenders on the market now?
email is kfdagg@hotmail.com
Thanks, Karl

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Karl, you can see a list of our refurbished units here: https://www.froothie.com.au/refurbished-optimum, however, I suggest calling the office directly to get an update on the stock: 1300 309 900
Refurbished units are covered under the same warranty terms and conditions as new units :)

Hope that helps!

kind regards
Andrea

Kim Rundblad

Kim Rundbladasked

Hi there.
Where can I buy a new set of brush assembly for the motor...?
Kim

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Kim, you can open a ticket with our warranty support team here: https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

regards
Andrea

Morgan d.

Morgan d.asked

Hi there,

I have an Optimum 9400 first gen about 6 years old and am on my second jug and blade assembly. Had to replace the first a few years back as it was leaking underneath and producing a rusty fluid and now the second jug is doing the same. Is this able to be fixed and how would I go about this? Not wanting to pay $160 for a new jug every couple of years when it starts to rusts and leak. Thanks

From Perth
From Perth

Hi Morgan, Froothie has a lifetime warranty on the Optimum 9400 gen 1 I bought about 8 years ago. My blade assembly leaked recently and was replaced with a new one free of charge if you can show that you have used your equipment in the manner intended by answering a few questions. Have you tried contacting your place of purchase and asked for a replacement?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Morgan, please open a warranty ticket here https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and our technical support team will assist :)

Lotte

Lotteasked

Hi There, I have an optimum 9400, approximately 6 years old. It was working fine, until it wasn't. It just stopped from one minute to the next? - Not sure what to do and whether this can be fixed or repaired. I bought via this website, but live in NZ? Please advise. Thank you

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Lotte, have you checked the overload switch already?
If that didn't fix the problem you are facing with your blender please open a ticket with our warranty support team here: https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and we will get back to you ASAP :)

Susan B.asked

I previously posted re brown powder but after reading other posts perhaps it is from the blade bearings. My machine is an Optimum 9400 serial number is 14020839. and is probably 6 years old. I have not had any problems previous to this can someone advise what I need to do. I think it is first gen.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Susan, the issue with the blade assembly bearings was from the old stock, the old model. Could you please email me directly at francois@froothie.com.au or the technical support team at https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or even call me on 03 8609 2210. So sorry about your experience, I can 100% assure you this issue with the blade assembly was resolved a long time ago. Kindly awaiting your reply so I can resolve the matter ASAP!

Susan B.

Hi all fixed- I had posted on two different sites over the weekend. Part ordered from you this morning. Sorry for being over concerned with my issue- happy to say it is the first problem in six years.

Susan

Hey Susan,
So glad all fixed. It was no trouble at all :)
Any issue you might encounter, do let us know and we will assist you at once, without any delays.
Alexandra
Froothie Team

Susan B.asked

brown powder came from the motor this morning what do I need to do

Hello Susan,
So sorry about your experience :(
Kindly awaiting your reply so I can resolve the matter ASAP!

Terry

Terryasked

Hi. My second blade assembly for my 9400 first gen is leaking and rusting again.
Have these issues been fixed with the replacement jugs now? $90 to replace the full blade assembly because of a faulty seal and obviously not stainless steel components is a bit ridiculous again. Got that bad the last time the bearing seized. Just leaking rusty goo again now. Hopefully thats not going into my smoothy!

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Terry, the issue with the blade assembly bearings was from the old stock, the old model, and should be covered under warranty. Please email me directly at francois@froothie.com.au or call me on 03 8609 2210 and I will have the blade assembly replaced under warranty ASAP. So sorry about your experience, I can 100% assure you this issue with the blade assembly was resolved a long time ago. Kindly awaiting your reply so I can resolve the matter ASAP!

Ishram

Ishramasked

I have an Optimum 9400 at least 5 years old so I'm assuming geneation 1 as it has the controls on a front panel. My question relates to the new Jug for this and the compatibility for the jugs across generations . It is a 1500W model Serial Number: 13121415 SGS- 130927 - EA. Please clarify before I order and quote the cost of delivery to NZ. Many thanks

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Ishram, you will need the original 9400 jug set, which you can find here: https://www.froothie.co.nz/store/product-accessories/blender-accessories/jug-2l-9400 Your 9400 model is not compatible with the G2.6/9400A model jugs. The delivery fee is $19. Hope that helps :)

Noreen

Noreenasked

Update. I have had very positive assistance from Froothie, they are paying for my unit to be sent for repair.
Hi,
I have the optimum 9400a, only purchased 5 months ago, it has stopped working properly.
It will only work in very short spurts when using the pulse.
I have tried the reset button many times, with power off and on.
I have sent an email via your website about this problem but yet to receive a response.
I use basically everyday, can you please assist.
Thanks been great support.

Lance S.

Hi Noreen. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the 9400. I am not associated with Optimum and not sure why I'm getting these emails. However, being only 5 months old it will be under warranty so get in touch with Foothie. I'm sure they will sort you out.

Edward Ng
Edward Ng

Mine started to give off a burning smell after less than 2 years. Before that, the spinning was getting erratic. Unfortunately, I'm not in Australia and am not getting any support. Service support can take months before replying and then they email you every week to ask for all kinds of details. If you're still in Australia, just wait for their response.

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Hey Noreen, very surprised you did not get a reply as we usually respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. Can you call me directly on 03 8609 2210? My name is Francois, I am the general manager

You can also email me at francois@froothie.com.au or my colleague at andrea@froothie.de and we will attend to your faulty blender ASAP

I will also investigate why your email was missed. Did you check your spam folder?

Have a great Sunday evening!

Abbyasked

Hi
We havent used our machine for a while but it looks like the blade has seized inside the jug. Can I just replace the blade or do I need to buy a whole new jug?

Hi Abby,
You're quite right, the bearing seal has failed and allowed liquids into the bearing and so it has seized. This happened to me some time ago and Froothie sent me a new one free of charge. Either way you'll have to contact them for another. Just use the supplied plastic 'spanner' to unscrew the black plastic retainer under the jug. To ensure less chance of this happening again I never leave fluids in the jug, emptying it as soon as I've finished. If you are a little bit handy (and careful) you can remove the dome nut holding the blades together and sharpen them using a file or stone and transforms the blender into a 'beast' (well...it's a lot more efficient least). :)
Hope this is of some help
Lance

Abby

Hi lance. Thats really helpful, thank you very much! I dont have the spammer any more but will check in with froothie

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Abby, in case you have not already opened a ticket with our warranty support team you can do so here: https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new :) And we will be able to assist in having your blade assembly replaced :)

myhealingcommunity

myhealingcommunityasked

9400 1st Generation

Hello. I need to replace my Optimum 9400 "1st generation" "JUG" ONLY. The base is fine.
My Q. Does the G2 jug fit the G1?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi @myhealingcommunity yes the G2.1 jug will fit for your 9400 :)

Dan F.asked

9400 2nd Generation

My Optimum G2.3 blender goes to the highest speed and stay there. Regardless what I do. The speed is so high it’s “bumping” on the surface. Is it possible to “reboot” the blender or what shall I do?

Hi Dan,

I would recommend to raise a warranty claim for your Optimum G2.3 on the below link:
Our 24/7 Warranty and Support Team would then be in touch to have this situation rectified.

If you have any troubles at all raising the claim please do not hesitate to call our Melbourne office on 1300 309 900.

Have a brilliant day!

Hi,

Ok, thank you for your reply.
Best,
Dan

Maja Z.

Maja Z.asked

Does Optimum 9400 jug fit to Vitamix?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi Maja, we do not know whether the jug fits and we also do not recommend the Optimum jug to be used on another blender. Hope that helps

Monika B.
Monika B.

Yes the jugs fit a Vitamix, all the classic series, both the tall jug and the single serve jug fit just fine . Recently they have found a biochef vacuum jug can be used to turn the Vitamix into a vacuum blender ... seems a lot of high speed blender containers fit on a Vitamix..lol

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives