Optimum 9400

Optimum 9400 Questions & Answers (page 3 of 7)

1st Generation, 2nd Generation

132 questions from our users

Sheryl
Sherylasked
9400 1st Generation

I am looking to by a Juicer but am very interested in the optimum 9400. Am I able to use it as a juicer similar as the new optimum 700?
I don't mined if there is still ruffige in the end result.thankyou

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your question. The Optimum 9400 Vortex blender can make fresh juices. It is able to easily blend whole fruits and vegetables, unpeeled and uncut, creating a healthy juice full of fibres. If you prefer, you can also remove the pulp using a sieve or a nut milk bag. We hope this helps but please contact us at support@froothie.com.au if you have any further questions :)

IrisM
IrisMasked
9400 1st Generation

Where can I buy a lid and a tamper for the Optimum 9400. Does not have to be a new one. Mine got lost in a move.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Iris, you can contact our customer service team directly at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to assist you. Hope this helps :)

Niraj
Nirajasked

How to open this lid?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your enquiry. The lid of the Optimum 9400 is easy to remove by simply pulling it up. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team at support@froothie.com.au. We hope this helps :)

Linda
Lindaasked
9400 1st Generation

I use coconut cream in my green smoothies, but do not like wasting a bottle of white vinegar to remove the oily film that's left behind. Any easier and cheaper options?

Dawn
Dawn

For greasy or oily washups, I use a small dash of ammonia to the detergent and warm water and it is quite effective. Rinsing your washup in warm water that has a dash of vinegar in it, makes your washup gleam and clean.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Linda, thank you for your enquiry and Dawn, thank you for your detailed cleaning tips. You can also use a tablespoon of apple cider, a drop of detergent and a tablespoon of baking soda. Add some warm water and let is soak for a couple of minutes. You can also leave it overnight and then simply rinse and wipe down with a towel. We hope this helps :)

Stephen Dobson
Stephen Dobsonasked
9400 1st Generation

is the optimum 9400 compatible with a vitamix 0.9L wet jug?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your message. We recommend that only Optimum jugs are used on our blenders as we cannot guarantee that competitors' jugs are compatible. We hope this helps :)

Deb
Debasked
9400 1st Generation

Hi I have an optimum 9400 which I bought direct from anthena I have had it just over a year and one of the rubber feet has come off and I have lost it can u tell me how I get another one please ?
Kind regards Debra welton
Email [email removed]

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Hi Deb,
Please contact our 24/7 support team at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to assist you with this.
Have a great day :)

Mmath
Mmathasked
9400 1st Generation

I only use my Optimum 9400 to make smoothies and a raw food cake occasionally which I always have trouble with as the ingredients always get stuck around the blades and they free spin.
Today I was making the Almond date cake again and the blender just stopped. I read about the reset button but mine doesn't go in it just kind of presses and nothing happens. The blender still won't work. Help!

A.S.
A.S.

Same for me : my 9400 just stopped while I was blending easy ingredients together. Manually the rotation of both blades and engine are functioning (I can make them turn). Seems to be the engine !? I unplugged and replugged, waited in case machine needed to cool of (though not hot at all!) and nothing changes. Am very disappointed, for the high price should guarantee better solidity !
Can this message please be answered with proper help ? thank you, AS.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your messages. We are sorry you are having an issue with your blenders. Can you please contact our technical support team directly via this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to assist you directly. We hope this helps :)

Daniela
Danielaasked
9400 1st Generation

Hello, can I make fish cakes using the Optimum 9400 blender? Or is the blender mainly for making smoothies and soups? Basically, I need a new food processor. Cheers, Daniela

Hello Daniela,

Thank you for your enquiry. You can certainly prepare the mix for the fish cakes using the Optimum 9400. It also has a pulse function which is ideal if you don't want a smooth consistency.

If you have any further questions, you can contact us at support@froothie.com.au.

Nik
Nikasked
9400 1st Generation

does the safety cut off require minutes before being able to be used again? I am looking for a excellent blender to replace my mediocre ladyship blender, LVT-866 which looks identical to this model!. Does the blade internals or any part of the juicer rust in time?

Hello Nik,

Thank you for your message. We can confirm that the Optimum 9400 blender has a reset button that is triggered when the thermal protector sensed that the machine is about to overheat. To get the machine to work again, simply turn the power switch off for a few minutes allowing the machine to cool down and re-set.

The blade assembly is made of stainless steel and therefore does not rust. However, always make sure that the bearings at the bottom of the jug are kept dry at all time.

We hope this helps but if you have any more questions, you can contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au :)

Toh
Tohasked
9400 1st Generation

What is the total weight of the blender?

Corina

you need to call their customer service. its probably double the weight of regular blender.. this is a commercial blender and very stable for any food preparation and juices.

Hello,
Thank you for your message. I can confirm that the Optimum 9400 weighs 6.7kgs. You can also find that information on the Specifications tab of the blender:

Bellie
Bellieasked
9400 1st Generation

Hello, confused about what product to buy. Have been using the nutri bullet however when I try blending frozen banana. It overheats all the time or will crush bottom ingredients and not top. I want something strong enough to dice and chop dry ingredients like bread (to make breadcrumbs) and assortment of fruit, vegies and nuts for cakes etc. Also smoothies with frozen fruit. Please help. Thanks

Corina

I make milkshake everynight for hubby with banana.. and crush almonds as well.. make breadcrumbs .. crush coconut meat make fresh coconut milk.. i make almond milk as well.. with Optimum 9400 all these jobs are too easy.. i even minced beef when i run out of mince meat for spaghetti.. make vegetable juice using spinach broccoli .. but with carrots I dice them first. fruit juices are easy.. the motor is really heavy duty.. only downside is take care of the rubber foot stains my white bench so I lost all fours when we moved to another house. but nothing changed, works perfectly even without the rubber foot. Buy It, you will never use your bullet or cheap blender again.. hope this helps..

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello, thank you for your message and interest in our products and a big thank you to Corina for your great feedback :)

Any of our Vortex blenders can easily chop any ingredients, blend frozen fruits and much much more. The Optimum 9400 is certainly a great option. We have also introduced a mini jug that can be bought separately. We have also recently launched the G2.1 and the G2.3. The former comes with a standard 10 year warranty and the latter with a lifetime warranty on the motor and an additional mini jug as standard - both of them will enable you to make your favourite recipes. You can of course contact our customer service team directly if you wish to have further information.

S Hawke
S Hawkeasked
9400 1st Generation

I have the Optimum 9400 and use this every day. yesterday I went to use it as normal and the on/off switch was very slow to start up (like there were thick ingredients preventing the spinning) and then got speed up when I used the speed button - there was only liquid in the blender. Today nothing starts up and no life at all!? Any suggestions please

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your blender. Can you confirm that the overload protection fault switch which you will find on the motor base has not been triggered? This can happen to protect the motor against overload damage. If this is not the case, can you please open a support ticket using the following link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and our technical team will contact you directly to assist you further.

Joey
Joeyasked

Hi there

I just tried blending frozen banana (broken into chunks) and frozen berries in my Optimum 9400 (assisting with the tamper tool) and after a minute or two it suddenly cut-out.

I've been using my Optimum 9400 for over a year now and have never had a problem.

Has the motor over-heated? Will it reset on its own?

Please help!

Jo

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Jo, thank you for your message. It is possible that the blender started overheating and consequently the overload protection switch that is located on the motor base was triggered - it is a safety mechanism to protect the motor against overload damage. By pressing the switch back in, the blender should start working again :)
However, please contact our support team directly at support@froothie.com.au if you need further assistance.

Dave
Daveasked
9400 1st Generation

I am torn between the G2.1 and the Optimum 9400.
First, it is the difference between touch panel Vs dial knob (9400)
Can you advise?

And one specific question: The video clips show how to increase speed. But since there is one speed button (no +/-), how to decrease with the same button?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

All our blenders are high quality powerful Vortex blenders that will enable you to make any recipes you like. It is principally a matter of personal preference which blender you opt for. The Optimum 9400 has a manual dial that you turn to control the speed from 1 to 10 whereas the Optimum G2.1 has electronic buttons as well as pre-set functions. You can of course also use the manual mode on the G2.1 by pressing the speed button - the same button both increase or decrease the speed manually.
The Optimum 9400 has 2238 watts vs 2835 watts for the Optimum G2.1.

tiggy234
tiggy234asked
9400 1st Generation

Tossing up between 9400 and the new G2.3 From what I can find the 9400 has more watts does this make a major difference? Anyone tried both what is your opinion? Thanks

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Thank you for your message.
Watts information can be a bit ambiguous and since the 9400 is fitted with a brushed motor whereas the G2.3 has a brushless motor, the data cannot be compared.
The G2.3 peak motor power is 1500W (which is about 2HP). Compared to a brushed motor wattage output we estimate the brushless maximum motor power to be equivalent to 1800W as brushed motor efficiency fluctuates between 45-75% depending on the load while brushless motor efficiency stays above 85-90% regardless of the load.
This feature is what makes the Optimum G2.3 model superior to not only our other Optimum models, but also our competitors, including Vitamix, Blendtec and Omniblend, all of which use brushed motors for their blenders. The Brushless motor also offers greater power and efficiency.
Another point to consider is that the G2.3 comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor.
However, whichever of our blenders you choose, it will be a top quality appliance that will last you for many years.

sportsman
sportsmanasked
9400 1st Generation

can I blend coconut meat in my Optimum 9400?

Megan
Megan

I haven't tried! But they have a load of helpful staff members across lots of different social media platforms, so you cold totally ask them. It comes with a tamper, so anything a little trickier to blend can be moved through. I have seen YouTube videos of it blending rocks....so I am sure it's possible!

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

We can confirm that your Optimum 9400 can easily blend coconut meat with no problem at all.
You can find plenty of recipe ideas, including some with coconut on our Froothie YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/FroothieTV

eat more plants
eat more plantsasked
9400 1st Generation

How long does it take to warranty the blade assembly on my 9400? I opened a service ticket (375781) with no response, I've called 844-470-5530 weekly and now it goes right to voicemail (today it was in Spanish). Starting to feel like I'm being avoided......for a warranty issue???

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Hello eatmoreplants, I am extremely sorry for the hassle you have faced. To have a Spanish voicemail is extremely unusual as we do not offer this language in the US

I will investigate this matter with urgency while also having your ticket resolved without delay by our 24x7 Support Team

I will also notify my manager so he is aware of your experience as we take such matter very seriously, customer service is our lifeline here at Froothie

Kind regards :-)
Veronique

JJJ
JJJasked

Hello,
I'm wondering this blender can be used as juicer?

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

You can certainly use our Vortex blenders, including the Optimum 9400 to make fresh fruit juices. The Optimum blenders are able to easily blend whole fruits and vegetables, unpeeled and uncut, creating a healthy juice full of fibres. However it can take some time to get used to drinking juices made in blenders as they are full of fibres and thicker than standard juices but much healthier for the digestive system. If you find the juice too rich in pulp, you can also use a strainer to eliminate some of the pulp.

Sean Harrold
Sean Harroldasked
9400 1st Generation

How do i make a warranty claim?
The bearings are falling out of the bottom of the jug

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Hello Sean,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your jug. Please open a support ticket here: http://www.internationalwarrantysupport.com/ and the support team will be able to assist.

kind regards

Vilijaasked
9400 1st Generation

How long does it take after-sales service? My experience with this blender is just bad.

Vilija

I am very disappointed with my Froothie Optimum 9400 and even more I am disappointed with the after-sales service. I did used this blender not full 2 years and has twice changed the jug. Now I am using third. It will be good, that I can use it. In end of September I did  sent my blender for inspection (twice) and still now I did not got it back. Three months my raw vegan life was stopped. My question: IS IT A NORMAL AFTER-SALES SERVICE TIME?

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Hello Vilija, I am sorry to hear about your experience with your Optimum 9400, please contact me directly at francois@froothie.com.au and I will personally investigate the matter ASAP .

You can also contact me directly at 03 8609 2210 and I would be more than happy to assist and resolve this matter

Kind regards