Optimum 9400

Optimum 9400 Questions & Answers (page 4 of 7)

1st Generation, 2nd Generation

132 questions from our users

Steven Seagull
Steven Seagullasked
9400 1st Generation

What country are the Optimum blenders manufactured and assembled in ?. thanks

Hi Steven,

The Optimum 9400 is designed and tested in Australia, assembled in Taiwan, and then distributed worldwide.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our 24 x 7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Sue
Sueasked
9400 1st Generation

I want to blend frozen bananas as well as ice and nuts. I have used and broken other blenders and am looking for a super strong, high powered blender equivalent to what they use in Boost stores or similar. Will the Optimum 9400 meet my needs?

Hi Sue,

The Optimum 9400 is absolutely capable of blending ice, nuts and frozen bananas .

The 6 blade assembly allows it to easily grind nuts, whole grains, rice, beans and ice.

Here is a great clip on our Froothie Tv Youtube channel which demonstrates all of the functions of the Optimum 9400 https://www.youtube.com/user/FroothieTV

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact our 24 x 7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Judith
Judithasked
9400 1st Generation

Can I band sugar with it?

Hi Judith,

The Optimum 9400 is absolutely capable of blending sugar.

We would recommend using enough sugar to ensure that the blades are fully covered.

Eric
Ericasked
9400 1st Generation

Hi, I have just bought an Optimum 9400. The high speed pitch of the blender sounds lower than that of my old 1500W blender and also lower than a Vitamix. Even though the liquid is being thrown around vigorously, the lower pitch makes it sound like the Optimum is failing to reach the same high speeds as the other two.
Does the pitch of the blender noise actually reflect the speed? Or is it more complex than this?

Hello Eric,

The noise is not an indication of the power of the blender (some Chinese copycat blenders sound like an airplane with very limited power). For example the Vitamix Quiet One (most expensive Vitamix commercial blender) is also their quietest.

The Optimum 9400 is one of our quieter models, designed to reduce noise.

Have a lovely day :-)

Pauline
Paulineasked
9400 1st Generation

How long is my warranty, it is already not working. 9400 model.

Hi Pauline,

The Optimum 9400 comes with a 5 year domestic warranty,

Please contact our 24x7 Warranty and Technical Support team at www.froothiesupport.com and they will attend to the matter ASAP

Have a lovely day :-)

helny
helnyasked

Hai,
I'm from indonesia, and just bought optimum 9400 when i went to perth, which really recommended from my sister .
I like to make meatball which blend crush ice, meat ,flour together. How many grams in a mixture together may i put into the blender in order to not damage the blender.?

Hi Helny,

To advise you correctly we would need to know the recipe you are using, are you able to please send the details through to our 24 x 7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Carol Smith
Carol Smithasked
9400 1st Generation

I need a blender with which I can make nut butters. Is Optimum 9400 OK for this?

Nik
Nik

This blender is not great at nut butters. Buy vitamix or breville for smooth nut butters.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Carol, better late than never :)

The Optimum 9400 is perfect for making nut butters!

Here are a few tips and tricks on how to master nut butters and nut recipes:

Here are a few great How-To videos!

Kisane from Froothie TV!

Candy from our office in Melbourne :)

Sunny Side Up, our partner from Romania!

Here are a few points we've compiled that are important to achieving the best results

1. Roasted nuts release their oil content more readily than raw nuts, this makes the process of forming a butter quicker and simpler. The less time the nuts take to blend, the less heat is generated which is good for both the nuts and the blender! Note: the roasted nuts need to be completely cool before you attempt to blend them. This isn't to say you can't make nut butter from raw nuts but we suggest you get used to the process with roasted nuts first and then make the transition once you're comfortable!

2. High Speed - Make sure to use the highest speed on the blender when making any thick recipe, especially nut butter. Using high speed gets the job done faster, generating less heat and reducing strain on the motor.

3. Use the Tamper tool - The tamper tool needs to be used to constantly press the ingredients down from the sides of the jug, making sure it's being processed by the blades. Air pockets will naturally form if nothing is done to stop them so we recommend constantly tamping around the edge of the jug until the process is completed. Note: Make sure not to rest the tamper in the center of the jug (directly above the blades) while blending, this will effectively close the center of the vortex and block air from circulating.

4. Make sure the nuts are dry - If you soak or activate nuts for nut butter, please ensure that they're totally dry before attempting to blend. Using a dehydrator will achieve the fasted/best results though make sure the nuts are totally cooled before blending.

5. Quantity - As a rule of thumb, you should always at least cover the blades by 1-2cm. We recommend a maximum of 3 to 4 cups of nuts to make sure you're not overloading the blender. This figure can vary depending on the natural oil content of the nuts. The higher the oil content, the larger the quantity that can be blended at once. On the contrary, if you're using nuts with lower oil content, a lower quantity may be applicable.

6. Adding liquid - Avoid adding water into the mixture, it will likely make the mixture clumpy and prevent it from properly forming butter. If you're adding any flavorings or powders, please add them once the butter has already formed. If the mixture is too dry, you can add small amounts of oil, we prefer an oil with a neutral flavor. This shouldn't affect blending, just flavor.

If you find the process taking far too long or notice any smoking or steaming coming from any part of the blender please stop the process and contact customer service to make sure your blender is functioning correctly.

Here are some great recipes to use:

To get the best results, place food in the jug in the following order:
1. First liquids.
2. Then soft foods/vegetables.
3. Last add frozen produce and ice.

Hope that helps!

lindajc
lindajcasked
9400 1st Generation

is there a minimum amount of ingredients that you have to put in the blender eg: if i'm just making something for one person like one orange with a spoonful of honey and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar?
thankyou

Hi Lindajc,

You can absolutely make a drink for one person, as long as the contents cover the blades completely. It will however depend on the recipe , for example if you are blending anything thick and you do not put enough quantity in the jug then the tamper tool will not reach and we do recommend the use of the tamper for blending thick contents.

As a rough guide 250mls would be the minimum amount to fill the jug, depending on the recipe.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Zara
Zaraasked
9400 1st Generation

I'm after a powerful blender for my protein balls. I use madjol date frequently in them and they are sticky and dry and many blenders just burn out. Was this blender designed for such use?

HI Zara, :)

Yes, I would recommend the Optimum 9400 when making protein balls, especially when blending madjol dates.
I would recommend first blending the dates with some coconut oil to break them up, you can also use the pulse button as well.
Once you have broken up the dates I would then add the nuts into the mixture. Remembering to always use the Tamper tool.
We recommend to follow a recipe and the quantities listed in the recipe.

This blender handles thick ingredients extremely well like nut butters, ice-cream and bliss ball mixtures.
The most important component of a Vortex blender is the power of the motor. The Optimum 9400 has an extraordinary 3 Horse Power motor able to easily withstand the toughest ingredients and outlast most other domestic blenders.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Eric
Ericasked
9400 1st Generation

What's the slowest speed (rpm) of the Optimum 9400?

Hi Eric,

The lowest speed on the Optimum 9400 vortex blender is 1300rpm.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact our 24 x 7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Have a lovely day.

Fruit juice lover
Fruit juice loverasked
9400 1st Generation

Hi I'm interested in getting one of the Optimum model, I wanted to know what's the difference between the model 8200 and 9400. We are really tight on our budget and would like to carefully consider all the pro and con before purchasing one of these. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Good afternoon,

The Optimum 9400 is a higher quality appliance to the Optimum 8200. Below is a summary of the differences:

- The Optimum 9400 Vortex blender has a faster and more powerful motor. This leads to quicker blending and better consistency for thick contents
- The 9400’s blade assembly have more seals and better quality custom-made alloy ball bearings, leading to increased longevity and the ability to be used commercially with no issues
- The longer blades of the 9400 also allows it to chop, grind and slice more effectively
(Note: The 8200 still has longer blades than most competition like Omniblend for example)
- The 9400 has an iron cooling fan for the motor vs. plastic for the 8200
- The Optimum 9400 has one of the industry’s most advanced PCB Boards for the motor equipped with Automatic Torque Control, meaning the motor will automatically change power based on what you are blending, leading to better performance and increased longevity
Although the 8200 is less advanced than the 9400/9200A blender it is a great affordable blender, still better than other high speed blenders in the same price range and even some more expensive blenders like Omniblend, NutriBullet, Breville and Sunbeam.
Independent reviews of the Optimum HIGH-SPEED blenders here:

Have a lovely day ;)

Allison
Allisonasked
9400 1st Generation

Do you deliver New Zealand?

HI Allison :)

Froothie has a New Zealand branch that you can order from - www.froothie.co.nz
The stock is in Auckland ready to be dispatched :)

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the Support team by phone on 0800 741 369 or via the 24/7 Support Website at www.froothiesupport.com

ritahannah68
ritahannah68asked
9400 1st Generation

How much is optimum blender?

Snophi

I got mine from this website :)

Good afternoon,

Optimum have five high speed vortex blenders in our range for domestic use, and three for commercial use.

Prices vary in Australia from our most affordable blender the Optimum 8200 for $299, to our top of the range Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series blender for $1200.00.
Furthermore we are shortly introducing the G2.3 with a RRP of $2,200 / a presale introductory price will be announced in the next few weeks . The G2.3 incorporate an industry leading brushless technology.

Our vortex blenders can be viewed on our website http://www.froothie.com.au/store/froothie-blenders/

All of our high speed blenders are designed to achieve silky smooth fruit and green smoothies, grinding nuts, crushing ice, nut butters, nut milks, frozen desserts, hot soups, dips, and fresh fruit juices.

You can view our 9400 blender in action on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/FroothieTV

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our 24 x 7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

krish
krishasked
9400 1st Generation

Can you please tell me where it is made?

Hi Krish :)

The Optimum 9400 High Speed Vortex Blender is designed and tested in Australia.
Its assembled in Taiwan with parts sourced globally.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask our 24/7 Support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Taiwan

lgm
lgmasked
9400 1st Generation

So how do you do soups? Raw vegetables in, blend and heat? Or do you have to cook the soup some other way and then blend in the froothie?

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Hello Igm and thank you for your query.

The Optimum Vortex Blender is a unique appliance capable of freezing ice cream or heating a soup. For hot food processing, the Optimum has the option of blending food at a HIGH speed, spinning the six stainless steel blades with the power of the 3HP motor to produce friction heat. In a few minutes, the soup or other food will be served steaming hot.

We provide a recipe book which includes many amazing soup recipes :-)

For further queries please contact our 24/7 Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

Kind Regards

69terrilouasked
9400 1st Generation

I had just decided to purchase a Vitamix Pro 750 as many other blenders on the market seem to be unable to compete but now really think I would be happier with the Optimum 9400, price being especially appealing for an appliance that seems to have similar specification and excellent reviews for ability and after sales assistance. I just would like to clarify that the jug is BPA free, will blend hot or near hot soups without damaging the jug or blade assembly and can blend hard vegetables for smoothies easily without bouncing all over the benchtop and I would also like to know the warranty details should the machine fail. I am careful with any appliances and adhere to manufacturers instructions as I generally purchase at the top end of the market and make my decisions with care.

69terrilou

I have further researched some of my above questions and found my answers through other review articles but can anyone tell me why Optimum have not had issues with blacks specks in their jugs when from my reading it appears as though the same plastic is used by Vitamix, Optimum, Blendtec and others?

Hello T,

The Optimum 9400 comes with a 2L BPA free Jug and is absolutely able to blend hot soups and hard vegetables with ease without causing damage to the blade assembly or Jug.
The Optimum 9400 hammer-forged stainless-steel blades are designed and tested to be used over 300 times per day in a commercial environment and are of extremely high quality.

Your warranty is covered by our 24x7 Warranty and Technical Support online team who resolve over 97% of warranty claims. In the unlikely scenario you have to return your machine for inspection, we have nation-wide as well as international service centres available to promptly repair your appliance. The warranty covers both labour and parts :-)

For further queries you can contact our 24/7 Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

Kind Regards :-)

Trudy Smith
Trudy Smithasked
9400 1st Generation

Hi I have had a problem with my optimum 9400 blender jug which has cracked,i have been in touch with froothie who have offered to replace it as it is no fault of ours, I have received an email from them giving me 2 choices. I can have the jug on its own or with the blades already fitted the price for this is 9.95 for the postage of the jug on its own or 39.00 and 9 .95 postage for th complete jug assemble.What I am so angry about is that I have not sent as yet any indication as to which option I wish to take but today I have received an email saying they will send me my order of a new complete jug with blades. Has anyone out there experienced the same service from froothie?

Carole
Carole

I would email back and tell them you need a replacement of no cost .. It would be so much easier if it could be done by phone. I found this back and forwarding of emails is annoying and takes longer to correct the problem .. Otherwise they have helped my problem .. but did take 4 or 5 days to sort it self out .. Im waiting for my replacement and the return slip to come through ....again on email .....to send mine back...

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Hello Trudy, the issue you are referring to is very unusual and could be due to an misunderstanding from our team or a human error. Our 24x7 Warranty and Technical Support Team can be contacted at www.froothiesupport.com. You can also call the office on 03 8609 2210 and we would be more than happy to assist and resolve the matter without delay :-)

You can also email me directly at francois@froothie.com.au and I can attend to the matter personally as well :-)

Kind regards
Francois
Froothie Support

FarFed
FarFedasked
9400 1st Generation

Has anyone used a refurbished Optimum 9400? My general question is, what is the implication of buying a refurbished product? Should the consumer expect defects in build, or motor quality?

TC80
TC80

My brand new Optimum 9400 motor has problem after 1 year of normal use. Had it fixed by Froothie and the problem is still there. Frankly I don't think Froothie is not doing a very good job repairing my blender. So the quality of a refurbished is most likely worse than a brand new one.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello FarFed, better late than never :) Refurbished appliances have been used a few times just for demonstration purposes. The might have minor scratches but they are covered under the same warranty terms and conditions. So in case you are facing any issues at all just contact support@froothie.com.au and the team will be able to assist you :)

@TC80 Your unit is definitely faulty as it's meant to last for many years without any issues. Have you received your replacement yet? In case you still require assistance please email me to francois@froothie.com.au and I will be able to help :-), or simply call the office on 1300 309 900 an ask for me, my priority is to make every customer happy with our products and our service :-)

sundrop2204
sundrop2204asked
9400 1st Generation

I'd like to know if anyone here has had their Optimum blender (9400 or 9200a) for more than 5 years and still working very well?
I was quite disappointed and surprised to discover that Froothie does not cover the product for more than 5 yrs in warranty without having to pay $200 extra. If that's the case, then it is no difference in price to the Vitamix, and the Vitamix has a warranty of up to 7-10 years and if I'm not wrong lifetime warranty for some parts
at the same price - i.e. also around $USD450-500 which is what local Americans pay for their own brand. In that case, Aussies are not getting the full value of their own locally produced product. Any comments?

stevem
stevem

Hi
I've had 2 Vitamix blenders and neither were covered by the warranty after only 4 years. I shelved the vitamix for a 9400 for the reasons I'll mention shortly. The motors are still going strong but god they are noisy compared to my 9400 blender and quite frankly they don't blend as well. The 3 jugs i've gone through with the vitamix all have blown out bearings and the cost to replace the blade assembly was a lot more than buying a whole new jug, blades and all from Froothie. The other flaw with the vitamix that they also don't cover under warranty is the teeth on the base wear out and makes the base unusable. So again you have a strong motor that will wake the dead in a base you cant use.

Trust me, Froothie 9400 is quieter, more powerful and much better blades and bearings. I had an issue with my base and the after sales service that I've had from froothie has been exceptional. I tried to do a warranty claim on the issues i mentioned with Vitamix and got no where. Good luck on your 10 year warranty there!!! s for the longevity of the 9400, i can't speak with any authority on that, i actually don't know how long he brand has been around. If i get 5 years of troube free use out of it ill be happy.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello sundrop2204, better late than never :)

All parts and appliances by Optimum are manufactured with remarkable precision using the highest quality materials. Optimum conducts extensive testing to achieve full product certification and accreditation to meet the industry’s Quality Control Standards.

More details about the Quality Control standards available here: http://optimumappliances.com/quality-standard

Froothie is an Australian company with branches around the world, see www.froothieinternational.com and https://www.froothie.com.au/aboutus, having sold tens of thousands of machines worldwide with great reviews.

All products are covered by a 24 x 7 Warranty team and nation-wide service centers.

We now also offer an optional lifetime warranty on our appliances :)

Hope that helps

Barbara
Barbaraasked
9400 1st Generation

Love this machine. Must be a better way for me to make hummus, I seem to get it all clogged up in the blades. Any suggestions?

Ragdoll
Ragdoll

Hi Barbara. I haven't tried Hummus in the blender, however I do need to tamper & move around the nut butter a little so I imagine hummus may be the same.

DrAnneline
DrAnneline

Hi Barbara,
Make sure you have sufficient liquid in the base (lemon, oil). I use this machine for all types of bean dips & falafel mixture. If needed i slowly add a little bit of water during the blending - liquid is needed to work through the viscous/thick mixture.

Hello Barbara,

I would suggest contacting our 24/7 Warranty and Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

They will be able to assist you with recipes and some tips and tricks to make the perfect hummus :-)

Kind Regards