Optimum 9400

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • 9400

Excellent Company

We have had our Optimum 9400 for four years, using it almost daily, mainly to make smoothies. It has been completely reliable until earlier this year when we suspected the bearings were beginning to wear down. We emailed Froothie, requesting new bearings to do a home repair. Instead, we got a detailed online diagnostic and such helpful advice and a new part is on its way. We were blown away by the speed and attentiveness of service. Highly recommended product and company.

Purchased in March 2017 for $768.00.

Used forSmoothies

H. McArthur

H. McArthurGippsland, VIC

Powerful blender

This machine has so much power it blends everything we have tried. The only tip is to make sure there is enough liquid in the jug as if there is not then the blades just spin at a really high rpm not achieving anything.

Purchased in August 2013 for $799.00.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

My favorite appliance in the kitchen

I bought my blender about 5 years ago and I can't live without it. I use it every single day - often more than once. I make smoothies, nut milks, grind nuts, vegan slices - there is nothing the Optimum can't blend.
A couple of months ago, it died on me (after more than 5 years of not missing a beat) and I send it in. I was expecting a quote for how much it would cost to fix since I couldn't find any receipts or warranty documents and was sure, it was out of warranty anyway, but about three weeks later it arrived back at my house completely fixed and with no bill attached. I was amazed, such great service! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Purchased for $550.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups
Anja B.
Anja B.

Thank you so much, Alex!

Cameron O.

Cameron O.Sydney, NSW

A great product with great customer service to back it up!

We have purchased both an Optimum 600 juicer and Optimum 9400 blender from Froothie and both products have been superb and used on a daily basis for many, many years.

The blender is astoundingly strong and can blend pretty much anything.

In this day and age, both great products and great support are getting harder and harder to find. But in Froothie we have received both.

We will definitely be supporting them by purchasing more in the future.

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

MollySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

• 9400

Couldn't be without it

I have had my Optimum 9400 for 5 years and I cant imagine being without it I make the best smoothies with it I cant think of anything i don't like about it.

Purchased in September 2014 at Frothie on line for $490.00.

Molly

My husband and I have just started the day with our healthy smoothie so quickly to make,no effort at all.

Bronwen

BronwenSouthwest, VIC

Has been my FAVOURITE kitchen appliance since I bought it in 2014!!

Purchased in July 2014 at Froothie.

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Rawsan M.

Rawsan M.

Go for it.

Very good blender, it make very smooth smoothies and creamy humos I also make peanut butter no issue at all, not so noisy either. I bought it 6 years ago and it is still solid.

Purchased in January 2015.

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups
Gareth B

Gareth BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 5 years on!!

Got the 9400 blender in October 2014 and it's been used basically everyday for years to make smoothies and is still running perfectly with all original parts including the jug.
Extremely impressed with it and the customer care team who are quick and friendly to deal with.

Purchased in October 2014 at Froothie for $581.00.

Used forJuices and Smoothies

Cesar

CesarVictoria

Best blender we’ve ever had!

We’ve been using this blender almost everyday. We use it for making smoothies, sauces, shakes and ice cream. It handles ice and other solids really well. I couldn’t fault this blender. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in August 2016 at Froothie for $450.00.

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Amazing been using since 2014

I use this most days and love it. Bought in 2014 and couldn't manage without it. Great for making nut butter, smoothies, frozen banana ice cream, healthy nut "cheesecake", blending dates...

Purchased in May 2014 at Froothie for $499.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Nut Butters and Smoothies

Lance S.

Lance S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing machine and Fantastic customer service

I bought this blender 5 years and 4 days ago and today it started stuttering on the low setting. I rang Froothie (the Athena Group) and they immediately offered to repair the unit under warranty. I was only 45mins drive away from the Bayswater store and when I got there they fixed it on the spot. Just needed new brushes for the motor. I'm not surprised that it did as I have used this blender every day for 5 years (barring holidays) making my morning juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, ginger, lemon and dates. We also make our own peanut butter on occasion and LSA, etc. It has been faultless as has been the service. Above and beyond!!

Purchased in November 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Used forJuices, Nut Butters and Smoothies
Edward Ng

Edward NgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero support outside Australia

Having read positive reviews, an Optimum 9400 was bought in Australia and brought to Singapore. Before the purchase, it was confirmed through email exchanges that warranty is global. When wear and tear occurred on the blade, offer of replacement at a cost was made. With a recent motor burnout, support fell silent after requests for photos and videos though the product is still under warranty. Nobody answers the Support phone number provided. Caution to anyone thinking of buying and using this product outside of Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 for $475.00.

Used forJuices

Matt

MattIllawarra, NSW

Best blender we’ve had!

This blender has been an awesome investment; blends everything and crushes ice with ease. Super easy to clean and has lasted for ages. Price is unbeatable for the quality; if you want a blender for all jobs then this is the right choice!

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices and Smoothies

DisillusionedGippsland, VIC

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $498.00.

Used forSmoothies

Nicole

Nicole

So easy and so powerful

Purchased in October 2016.

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

There is no clear answer here regarding use of the pulse switch, please clarify. I have read in the online manual that the Pulse switch does not function without the unit being switched on
(‘a safety feature’).
However, the Pulse switch on the unit I have (1st gen 9400) will switch it immediately to ultra high speed regardless of whether the other switch is on or off. Is this in fact normal?

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have informed our Technical Team about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Zedd, thank you for your patience. The technician did get back to me and mentioned that this depends on the model. Because the newer models have different safety features compared to older models from 2014 for example. To be able to advise further it would be great if you can email us at support@froothie.com.au :) Have a great day!

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi I have one of these first Gen. 9400 blenders. I noticed the jug has a recycling indicator on it a tiny triangle made up of 3 arrows chasing each other. This is cast into the jug on manufacture to inform which type of material it’s made of. On my one it has a ‘7’ which does not indicate that it’s BPA free but rather that it is amongst the type best avoided in food preparation appliances.
I,m curious as the instruction manual clearly states BPA free?

Hello Zedd,
to be able to investigate this please email us at support@froothie.com.au and ensure to mention your order number and serial number.

Zedd B.

Zedd B.asked

May I have the size of the bearings inside of the 9400 blade set. (there are 2 of them).
The originals are NMB bearings. I was looking for the code of an compatible but superior bearing SKF for example. Thankyou

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have requested our Technical Team more details about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

Optimum 9400

This commercial-grade blender is rated the best blender of the lot, according to reviewers. With a number of domestic and commercial functions, it’s built to cater to the needs of serious home chefs.

It has five handy ‘automatic, one-touch programs,’ which are: Crush ice, Juice (you can also juice vegetables), Milkshake, Nuts to make dairy-free nut milks, and Hot Soup.

The Optimum 9400 Generation 2’s commercial functions include: a carbon brush motor, stainless steel 6-blade assembly, a built-in overload sensor, and Froothie Support, which means you receive ‘advice on how to develop a juice bar and increase your sales.’

What reviewers praised most about this blender:

• Blended any ingredient with ease, even tough ones like grains and ginger root (this may be due to both the powerful 1,500W motor and six blending blades)
  • Quiet operation
  • The price was affordable for its quality, and when compared with other high-speed blenders.
Compare both Optimum 9400
CategoryBlendersBlenders
Capacity2 L2 L
BPA FreeYesYes
Number of Blades66
Colour / FinishBlack, SilverSilver Black
Dimensions 456 x 191×191 mm456 x 191×191 mm
Power1,500 W1,500 W
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Replaced byOptimum Appliances 9400 2nd Generation