Optimum 9400

Optimum 9400 (page 2 of 37)

1st Generation, 2nd Generation

Blenders Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Safety

Amazing been using since 2014

I use this most days and love it. Bought in 2014 and couldn't manage without it. Great for making nut butter, smoothies, frozen banana ice cream, healthy nut "cheesecake", blending dates...

Purchased in May 2014 at Froothie for $499.00.

Jamez

JamezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Blender

Great Blender, we have had and used it for a very long time, had an issue which customer service resolved, Thank you. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Purchased in March 2010.

Lance S.

Lance S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing machine and Fantastic customer service

I bought this blender 5 years and 4 days ago and today it started stuttering on the low setting. I rang Froothie (the Athena Group) and they immediately offered to repair the unit under warranty. I was only 45mins drive away from the Bayswater store and when I got there they fixed it on the spot. Just needed new brushes for the motor. I'm not surprised that it did as I have used this blender every day for 5 years (barring holidays) making my morning juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, ginger, lemon and dates. We also make our own peanut butter on occasion and LSA, etc. It has been faultless as has been the service. Above and beyond!!

Purchased in November 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Brian K.

Brian K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An absolute super-blender

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Edward Ng

Edward NgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero support outside Australia

Having read positive reviews, an Optimum 9400 was bought in Australia and brought to Singapore. Before the purchase, it was confirmed through email exchanges that warranty is global. When wear and tear occurred on the blade, offer of replacement at a cost was made. With a recent motor burnout, support fell silent after requests for photos and videos though the product is still under warranty. Nobody answers the Support phone number provided. Caution to anyone thinking of buying and using this product outside of Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 for $475.00.

Matt

MattIllawarra, NSW

Best blender we’ve had!

This blender has been an awesome investment; blends everything and crushes ice with ease. Super easy to clean and has lasted for ages. Price is unbeatable for the quality; if you want a blender for all jobs then this is the right choice!

joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Blender, more importantly the support is outstanding!

Blender worked well, powerful and fast. That was for the first 2 years then we had our first breakdown. Burning rubber smell when being used, not a good sign. Machine was returned and repaired by the company. The company offers great support. The person that assisted me was Francois, he was excellent. Francois offers great customer support, and will do what ever he can to make the customer happy. A big thank you to Francois, its people like you that build great companies through happy customers.

Purchased in October 2014 for $490.00.

DisillusionedGippsland, VIC

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $498.00.

Bill

BillAshfield

Great blender with a few issues

Firstly my sale experience with Froothie left a lot to be desired. Their lack of communication during the process was very poor and I doubt I would ever buy anything from them again. After payment I heard nothing for 4 days. Extremely poor.
The blender is great. churns through anything you throw at it with ease. it's let down by it's switch dial - it's complete rubbish. It never ever engages the first time. In fact 70% of the time you have to turn it 3-7 times to get the machine to turn on. i thought this would improve with use but nope. It's one of the worst switches I've seen on any product. it's garbage. The simple button layout on earlier models would be a far better option. I really hate the switch.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Find out how Optimum 9400 compares to other Blenders

Brushes keep burning out every 18 months or less!

I am disappointed in the Optimum 9400 blender because since we bought it in June 2014, 3 sets of brushes have burnt out, and the blender just stops. We only do smoothies in it, not even nut butters which probably are harder on the motor, it is only used one or two times a week and it is an excellent blender when it works. Froothie Support have been good but it is frustrating and it costs us everytime we have to send it back. Is the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation better, have they improved it?

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Blender brought in 2015, stops working the second time

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Matt \

Matt \

Stopped working twice

Purchased Feb 2016, stopped working March 2017.
After some hassle Froothie repaired it for no charge.(replaced motor)
Stopped working again in 2017, gave up on it and bought a $30 blender (with an easy to clean glass bowl) from the Good Guys.

I also had to replace the bearing in the bowl.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

A Great Purchase

After a lot of investigation on what's on the market, I decided to buy the Optimum 9400 2nd generation and I'm not disappointed on any way. This blender is a sleek look and makes short work of anything that you put into it. A great test was a ginger elixir that I make make with 700mls of unpasteurised honey and 800 g of ginger root, this is offen a blender destroyer but was all done and dusted in 9 minutes. This machine was spectacularly powerful, quiet, and created a complete solution that doesn't settle.
I also wanted to mention the extraordinary service that I have experienced in my contacts with Froothie, their professionalism and genuine commitment to providing a quality product is both refreshing and admirable.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Best and most reliable blender ever!!

This blender is stand alone. It blends anything at all, and the different settings make it easy to operate. I have never had a smoothie so smooth before!! I use it so often now that it sits out on the kitchen bench permanently! THanks Optimum!

Griggy

Griggywarrnambool

Super power, Super quiet, Super Impressed !!

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Theodore

TheodoreHobart

Makes anything you want

A satisfying product that handles grinding grains to flour, as well as any food processing task. We use ours to make hommus, soy milk (it comes with a straining net), as well as the generic smoothie.

The only downside is that there is not function to remove the blades like there can be on low end blenders. This makes it difficult to get the last bits of whatever is being made out of the bottom.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Paul

PaulOrange

Optimum 9400 blender - 2 years on

It is a powerful blender capable of making smoothies using frozen banana, ice, etc with a thick texture. I had an issue with the blade assembly leaking grease and liquid after 2 years of daily use, and after providing evidence, I can report that Froothie replaced this for me without any hassle as was within the 5 year warranty period. Most other blenders at this price point would have long given up (as my smoothies are very thick), and so I remain very satisfied with my Optimum 9400 despite having to do the blade change. The repair process took less than 5 minutes, and just about anybody could do it (found a video tutorial on the web ). Great product, tough as guts, and easy to service if needed. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Awesome!

Wanted to buy the model that my workplace owns (1st gen), but Optimum doesn't have it anymore so I bought 2nd gen and was on discounted price! Completely satisfied with the product. Blends everything so smoothly in seconds!

Ad

Amazing high speed blender! Love it!

Jori

JoriSydney

Use it every day!

This blender is worth the extra $$. It is powerful and easy to use. I have purchased it a few years ago and use it every day, in the morning for smoothies and most evenings for things like soup, dips or cauliflower rice. It's still working really well!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

There is no clear answer here regarding use of the pulse switch, please clarify. I have read in the online manual that the Pulse switch does not function without the unit being switched on
(‘a safety feature’).
However, the Pulse switch on the unit I have (1st gen 9400) will switch it immediately to ultra high speed regardless of whether the other switch is on or off. Is this in fact normal?

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have informed our Technical Team about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Zedd, thank you for your patience. The technician did get back to me and mentioned that this depends on the model. Because the newer models have different safety features compared to older models from 2014 for example. To be able to advise further it would be great if you can email us at support@froothie.com.au :) Have a great day!

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi I have one of these first Gen. 9400 blenders. I noticed the jug has a recycling indicator on it a tiny triangle made up of 3 arrows chasing each other. This is cast into the jug on manufacture to inform which type of material it’s made of. On my one it has a ‘7’ which does not indicate that it’s BPA free but rather that it is amongst the type best avoided in food preparation appliances.
I,m curious as the instruction manual clearly states BPA free?

Hello Zedd,
to be able to investigate this please email us at support@froothie.com.au and ensure to mention your order number and serial number.

Zedd B.

Zedd B.asked

May I have the size of the bearings inside of the 9400 blade set. (there are 2 of them).
The originals are NMB bearings. I was looking for the code of an compatible but superior bearing SKF for example. Thankyou

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have requested our Technical Team more details about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

Optimum 9400

This commercial-grade blender is rated the best blender of the lot, according to reviewers. With a number of domestic and commercial functions, it’s built to cater to the needs of serious home chefs.

It has five handy ‘automatic, one-touch programs,’ which are: Crush ice, Juice (you can also juice vegetables), Milkshake, Nuts to make dairy-free nut milks, and Hot Soup.

The Optimum 9400 Generation 2’s commercial functions include: a carbon brush motor, stainless steel 6-blade assembly, a built-in overload sensor, and Froothie Support, which means you receive ‘advice on how to develop a juice bar and increase your sales.’

What reviewers praised most about this blender:

• Blended any ingredient with ease, even tough ones like grains and ginger root (this may be due to both the powerful 1,500W motor and six blending blades)
  • Quiet operation
  • The price was affordable for its quality, and when compared with other high-speed blenders.
Compare both Optimum 9400
CategoryBlendersBlenders
Capacity2 L2 L
BPA FreeYesYes
Number of Blades66
Colour / FinishBlack, SilverSilver Black
Dimensions 456 x 191×191 mm456 x 191×191 mm
Power1,500 W1,500 W
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Replaced byOptimum Appliances 9400 2nd Generation