Optimum 9400

Optimum 9400 (page 4 of 37)

1st Generation, 2nd Generation

Blenders Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Safety

Excellent Blender

After considerable looking around for a good blender at an affordable price I finally settled on this one and haven't regretted it once since the day it arrived. I use it nearly every day mostly for smoothies, milkshakes, soups and occasionally for a recipe like rum balls or grinding coffee beans. Green smoothies were my biggest concern as other blenders have left them chunky and chewy and I could never add ice so I just about gave up on them, but the Optimum has always been smooth and consistent. I can now add as much ice or frozen fruit as I like and it blends it effortlessly in seconds. It is noisy but no more than a blender with a less powerful motor.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Marion

Marionmelbourne

Love this blender cannot live without it

I purchased this blender in 2014 after doing a lot of research and have used it every day to make green smoothies I can pack the jug with the ingredients and within a short time I have a well blended smoothie .Its great for making nut pesto, frozen yogurt,and banana cake.I purchased the single serve jug this year and have not looked back.I cannot live without my Optimum 9400.Its the most used appliance in my kitchen.LOVE LOVE IT!!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Premium quality and value for money

I've been using my Optimum9400 for two years now alongside my Thermomix. I use my optimum blender every single day for smoothies and weekly for hummus. I prefer the blender for banana ice cream and smoothies over the Thermomix. I'd definitely recommend the 9400. When blending things like nuts for but butters etc, the blender automatically shuts off before getting too hot and burning out which is a great feature. Super sharp blades day after day without any problems, such impeccable quality and excellent customer service. A little noisy but comparative with other blenders. My only complaint is there isn't a holder for the tamper, that would be great.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Review collected in partnership with Optimum Appliances

Ashleigh

AshleighPerth

It's alright

This blender is ok. It shuts off whenever I try to do something like crush nuts or mix something slightly thick. It is not what I was hoping it was. It blends soups and smoothies ok, but a $30 blender can do this too...

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Nicole

Nicole

So easy and so powerful

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great machine! Great value!

I purchased a refurbished Optimum 9400 from the Froothie website. I was told the refurbished machines are the ones they use for product demos and they have only been used 20-30 times before they are being sold. The machine arrived in perfect condition, everything was like new, if I didn't know it had been used I wouldn't have been able to tell. I love the machine, everything is very well made, it's simple and easy to use, no high tech electric functions means not much can go wrong or break in the future. The smoothies come out beautifully! Very happy! Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Marshall

MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Industrial brutal but just works

Snophi

SnophiMelbourne

Used every other day to make nut milk and it's a dream

I am so glad I bought this blender. Had it for about a year, use it regularly and sometimes with quite hard things that gives the blades/motor a work out but she always comes through! Blend frozen fruit for kids ice-cream, make nut milk, general puréeing, raw treats. Have shorted out the motor a couple of times but there's a trip switch at the bottom and after giving it a bit of time to cool down it's been fine.
I have recommended this blender to all my friends, two of them have also bought it and are very happy also.
My only criticism would be that it has a plastic jug which after a year of being battered around with nuts, is a bit scuffed. A glass jug would be ideal.

Vince

VinceTauranga NZ

Optimum 9400

It seems OK, maybe I was expecting big things. I find if blending ice it seems to struggle getting going. Also seem to have to use the stick a lot to get everything moving to try to blend up. Maybe am use to a more heavy duty commercial machine which seem to have no problems blitzing everything without any input from me.

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Diane

DianeMelb

The best blender I have ever used and I've tried a few!

Dimitris

DimitrisEnschede

Great powerful blender

The Optimum 9400 has been a joy to use the last couple of months since I have it. Have used it nearly everyday to make all sorts of smoothies and soups. The jug is well made and easy to clean and is more durable and a lot lighter compared to glass jugs. A big plus in my opinion.

The only thing that was below my expectations with this blender is how smooth runs. With the jug empty distinct rattling noise is emitted when running at the lower speeds. When the jug filled this rattling noise damps out a bit, but still remains quite noticeable. Even though this does not affect the blend results it still influences the overall experience of the machine, that's why I've rated it 4 out of 5.

Binaya

BinayaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best investment ever for healthy life

I have never imagined that blender can be this powerful. I mostly use it for smoothies, soups and almond milk. You can put chunk of any vegetable, fruits and in few seconds whizzzzz --- great smoothie is ready. Motor and blade is so strong and powerful, no other normal brand can match it, I think there would be very few rival to match performance of Optimum. Jar is big and cleaning is easy too.

Hannah

Hannahedithvale

This Is The Best Blender!

DrAnneline

DrAnnelineMelbourne

I test blenders for a living - the Froothie Optimum 9400 blender is the one that I own though

Not as good as it's supposed to be I'm afaid

I have been very disappointed with the Froothie Optimum 9400. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly but I'm not impressed with it at all as others seem to be. I looked at a lot of reviews before purchasing.
I find it does not make smoothies very well. . It is very hard to get stuff out because of the height and narrow bottom of jug. Also I have had no success trying to mince even the smallest amount of chicken or beef - I understood that this was possible. Even breadcrumbs test it.
I've had to reset nearly every time I've used it for longer than say 15-20 seconds.
I was looking forward to using it but I'm afraid it was a complete waste of money for me.

Mazza
Mazza

Tegan

Tegan

AMAZING Blender - Smoothie & Raw Dessert Perfection!

You can't go wrong with the Optimum 9400 it is extremely powerful and will blitz absolutely everything into a nice smooth consistency... Whether its regular smoothies, green smoothies, soups, raw desserts or anything you fancy - I highly recommend this blender! Mine has been used almost every day since purchasing it about 8 months ago and I LOVE it!

Joybells

JoybellsBrisbane

The Blender that out performs the rest

Shawn B.

Shawn B.asked

i need new blades , for my opimum 9400. where do i get them and how much are they?

Caro
Caro

If you message them on Facebook, they'll get back to you pretty quickly. Include your model no& details that will help them narrow it down.

D.M.P

D.M.Pasked

9400 1st Generation

What can I do if my blender is stuck on full speed?

Ajith Bhojani
Ajith Bhojani

I'd contact support. Sounds like a serious problem.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi D.M.P,, Alex from Froothie International Team here. Thank you for providing us with your positive feedback as we strive to make our customers happy!❤️ I am so sorry to hear about that and already informed our Expert Technical Support Team which is literally only one click or a phone call away. For any questions you have, you can email us at suppport@froothie.com.au, call us at 1300 309 900 or simply can open a ticket with our support team at https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Our Ticketing and Warranty Team is ready to help you with any issues you may have, 24/7.❤️
Have a Froothielicious day! :)
Alex

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

There is no clear answer here regarding use of the pulse switch, please clarify. I have read in the online manual that the Pulse switch does not function without the unit being switched on
(‘a safety feature’).
However, the Pulse switch on the unit I have (1st gen 9400) will switch it immediately to ultra high speed regardless of whether the other switch is on or off. Is this in fact normal?

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have informed our Technical Team about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.
Thank you for being part of the Froothie family :)
Best
Alex

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Zedd, thank you for your patience. The technician did get back to me and mentioned that this depends on the model. Because the newer models have different safety features compared to older models from 2014 for example. To be able to advise further it would be great if you can email us at support@froothie.com.au :) Have a great day!

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

Optimum 9400

This commercial-grade blender is rated the best blender of the lot, according to reviewers. With a number of domestic and commercial functions, it’s built to cater to the needs of serious home chefs.

It has five handy ‘automatic, one-touch programs,’ which are: Crush ice, Juice (you can also juice vegetables), Milkshake, Nuts to make dairy-free nut milks, and Hot Soup.

The Optimum 9400 Generation 2’s commercial functions include: a carbon brush motor, stainless steel 6-blade assembly, a built-in overload sensor, and Froothie Support, which means you receive ‘advice on how to develop a juice bar and increase your sales.’

What reviewers praised most about this blender:

• Blended any ingredient with ease, even tough ones like grains and ginger root (this may be due to both the powerful 1,500W motor and six blending blades)
  • Quiet operation
  • The price was affordable for its quality, and when compared with other high-speed blenders.
Compare both Optimum 9400
CategoryBlendersBlenders
Capacity2 L2 L
BPA FreeYesYes
Number of Blades66
Colour / FinishBlack, SilverSilver Black
Dimensions 456 x 191×191 mm456 x 191×191 mm
Power1,500 W1,500 W
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Replaced byOptimum Appliances 9400 2nd Generation