Optimum for Adult Dogs

Optimum for Adult Dogs

• Pet's Life StageAdult (23) and Senior (6)
  • Side Effects Yes (25) · No (4)
  • Smell
Raylene B.

Raylene B.South West, QLD

Never again.

After giving my lil dog 3x feeds over 3 days of the wet food optimum ..lamb and rice, all she did was vommit severly , and had bad runny bowels.
She has just come good on boiled chicken, never evet again will i buy this dog food.

Purchased in February 2021 for $125.00.

Alexis A.

Alexis A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Taste like crap but you can live on it should be the company moto

Bought a big bag from Aldi thinking I was making a better choice for my border collie by far a good eater well he avoided this like cancer only barely finished a bowl after it stood there for a day it just shows you no matter the instrument (Chris Brown) for sale it's still a pour choice minus fifty bucks but thank god I made a search and found I'm not the only one

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI for $50.00.

Stacey S.

Stacey S.Eyre Peninsula, SA

Used optimum for yrs

I had fed optimum for yrs recently the bags of food I swore smelt like dog poo. My local shop stopped stocking the regular bags and only had the grain free so I decided to try it. After almost 1 wk on the food one of my dog was so so sick. Vomiting, diarea, shaking, crying and could hardly stand we thought he was going to die. My other dog was eating the same food and was completely fine. Once he recovered i ran out of the other food so thought I would try the optimum grain free again and he got sick again it was at that point that I figured out it was the food.
My kelpie is still completely fine eating the grain free tho. So just be careful some dogs are sensitive to changes

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $26.00.

Awful product

Changed to this dry food recently and my Kelpie X has been vomiting and squirting diarrhea for the past two nights. Found this review and thankfully found the reason before anything worse happened. He has fully recovered since stopping. Clearly not just a once off, bad reviews all over the internet. Good job Chris Brown for putting your name to such a crap product. The power of money.

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles.

Loren J.

Loren J.South East Queensland, QLD

Dog vomitted and diarrhea hours after first trying the wet food

Dog vomitted and diarrhea hours after first trying the wet food, she's now very sick and is a mother with puppys to feed. Very dissapointed Chris Brown would put his name on this rubbish.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $20.00.

thepersonwho

thepersonwhoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dog was throwing up

My dog doesn’t have a weak stomach but after eating the dried Optimum Adult Small-Breeds in Chicken, Rice and Vegetables threw up.
I didn’t realise after the first time but after the second day of throwing up I googled Optimum and see it’s a common issue.
It’s going straight in the bin.
I'm sure not every dog gets sick while eating this but it sure didn't agree with my fur baby and therefore can not recommend it.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles.

paully2012

paully2012Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Optimum grain free blend!

My dog needs a good grain free product so we paid much more and bought this. Even my dog cant stand the smell. If it smells like poo dont feed it to your dog.
I've lost my receipt but will track through bank account.

Purchased in June 2020 at FoodWorks for $28.00.

James D.

James D.Sydney, NSW

Bad smell

I sent back my dog biscuts over 1 month ago as there was a very foul smell and still dont have a reply from them they got it 3 weeks ago..

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $15.00.

Janelle

My dog was very sick after eating the dog biscuit

Both my dogs did not like the biscuit and ate only some of it. One of them had serious vomitting and diarrhea for more than 2 days and cost me a vet visit for an injection and antibiotics. Biscuit thrown in the bin. Poison for your dogs. Don’t buy it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $17.00.

LABRADOR GOT REALLY SICK

Causes nothing but Vomiting and Diarrhoea. My Dog is very unwell now, Decided to try Optimum because it's available everywhere and looks like a good brand, Wont ever buy this product again.

Purchased at Coles.

Charlie

CharlieSouth East Queensland, QLD

German Shepherd had severe diarrhea.

I fed this to my German Shepherd and she had bad, bad diarrhea for a couple of days. While she didn't mind the taste of it and actually liked eating it, it just made her so sick! It took me a while to realise, but as soon as I did, I stopped feeding it to her, and her runs stopped.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles.

Never again

Never again

Dog sick after 2 meals

Our dog has had vomiting and diarrhea after only having 2 meals of the wet food. Glad we picked up on it early, cannot believe this can still be on the market with so many dogs having such adverse side effects.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.

JagC

JagCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Causes allergies for dogs

r martin

r martin

Instant stomach, digestive issues

Sorry to add to the negative creamy same expert. As soon as my 8 yr old pug had this he had vile gas, noisy stomach rumbles, vomiting, diarrhea and constipation. Worst of all, blood in stool. Stopped it today after checking reviews and feeding steamed chicken and rice. He's fine. Please withdraw this product!

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for $12.00.

Maze007Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very sick German shepherd

Bought this as we were in between shipments of Blackhawk but $4,000 later, very much regret it. My big beautiful GSD is still at the vet hospital and has been there since Wednesday (its now Saturday). He was vomiting, listless, fatigued, had breathing issues, drinking heaps of water, not eating and couldnt poo so we went straight to vet. After many xrays, surgery (thinking he had an obstruction) due to intestines full of gas, hes now a lot better. Antibiotics have been amazing however his respiratory rate is still high. Hopefully pick him up tomorrow (Sunday) as we miss him terribly. Do not buy this dog food!

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles.

Elizabeth B.

Elizabeth B.Sydney, NSW

Optimum dry dog food lite

I fed this dry dog food to my cattle dog and she was howling, pacing and then vomiting each time. After three days of this I realised that it was this disgusting dog food that was causing the problem. Dont buy Optimum for your dogs.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Unhappy  customer

Unhappy customer

Not worth the worry

Tried twice even smallest amount she ended up with shocking diarrhoea, sorry the penny didn't click earlier, not good food for my girl..cannot believe Dr.Chris Brown has put his name to it.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Nat

Nat

Dog vomitted and had diarrhea

My dog consistently vomits and has diarrhea after eating food from Optimum. I'm sorry to my dog that it took me so long to connect the dots, but after trial and error we have decided definitely that his stomach upsets are caused by Optimum food. After reading the reviews, I cannot believe this product is still on the shelves. Please do not buy this for your dogs.

Sheila

Sheila

shocked to read the reviews, curious as to why my dog suddenly has itchy red skin and paws

I switched from Supercoat to Optimum as I thought it was better quality and my dog far prefers the taste.
My eight year old staff cross with a cast iron stomach and never ill started licking her belly a couple of weeks after the switch. It's very red and now her paws are itchy too.
No other apparent cause. After reading the reviews I will throw it out and switch back as it's getting worse by the week.
Will be interested to see if it goes away.

Purchased in July 2019.

Rufus

RufusMurray Mallee, SA

Not the right formula for our dog.

Our dog has sensitive skin and also suffers from severe reflux. This brand of dog food has not abated her reflux, so we have stopped buying it. Wont buy again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $30.00.