Optimum for Adult Dogs

Optimum for Adult Dogs

1.7

• Pet's Life StageAdult (19) · Senior (5)
  • Side Effects Yes (20) · No (4)
  • Smell
thepersonwho

thepersonwhoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dog was throwing up

My dog doesn’t have a weak stomach but after eating the dried Optimum Adult Small-Breeds in Chicken, Rice and Vegetables threw up.
I didn’t realise after the first time but after the second day of throwing up I googled Optimum and see it’s a common issue.
It’s going straight in the bin.
I would not recommend this at all.
I will google the next dry food I buy as it’s horrible seeing your fur baby so sick.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles.

paully2012

paully2012Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Optimum grain free blend!

My dog needs a good grain free product so we paid much more and bought this. Even my dog cant stand the smell. If it smells like poo dont feed it to your dog.
I've lost my receipt but will track through bank account.

Purchased in June 2020 at FoodWorks for A$28.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior
James D.

James D.Sydney, NSW

Bad smell

I sent back my dog biscuts over 1 month ago as there was a very foul smell and still dont have a reply from them they got it 3 weeks ago..

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for A$15.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Janelle

My dog was very sick after eating the dog biscuit

Both my dogs did not like the biscuit and ate only some of it. One of them had serious vomitting and diarrhea for more than 2 days and cost me a vet visit for an injection and antibiotics. Biscuit thrown in the bin. Poison for your dogs. Don’t buy it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for A$17.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

LABRADOR GOT REALLY SICK

Causes nothing but Vomiting and Diarrhoea. My Dog is very unwell now, Decided to try Optimum because it's available everywhere and looks like a good brand, Wont ever buy this product again.

Purchased at Coles.

Charlie

CharlieSouth East Queensland, QLD

German Shepherd had severe diarrhea.

I fed this to my German Shepherd and she had bad, bad diarrhea for a couple of days. While she didn't mind the taste of it and actually liked eating it, it just made her so sick! It took me a while to realise, but as soon as I did, I stopped feeding it to her, and her runs stopped.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Never again

Never again

Dog sick after 2 meals

Our dog has had vomiting and diarrhea after only having 2 meals of the wet food. Glad we picked up on it early, cannot believe this can still be on the market with so many dogs having such adverse side effects.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$3.00.

JagC

JagCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Causes allergies for dogs

r martin

r martin

Instant stomach, digestive issues

Sorry to add to the negative creamy same expert. As soon as my 8 yr old pug had this he had vile gas, noisy stomach rumbles, vomiting, diarrhea and constipation. Worst of all, blood in stool. Stopped it today after checking reviews and feeding steamed chicken and rice. He's fine. Please withdraw this product!

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for A$12.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Maze007Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very sick German shepherd

Bought this as we were in between shipments of Blackhawk but $4,000 later, very much regret it. My big beautiful GSD is still at the vet hospital and has been there since Wednesday (its now Saturday). He was vomiting, listless, fatigued, had breathing issues, drinking heaps of water, not eating and couldnt poo so we went straight to vet. After many xrays, surgery (thinking he had an obstruction) due to intestines full of gas, hes now a lot better. Antibiotics have been amazing however his respiratory rate is still high. Hopefully pick him up tomorrow (Sunday) as we miss him terribly. Do not buy this dog food!

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Elizabeth B.

Elizabeth B.Sydney, NSW

Optimum dry dog food lite

I fed this dry dog food to my cattle dog and she was howling, pacing and then vomiting each time. After three days of this I realised that it was this disgusting dog food that was causing the problem. Dont buy Optimum for your dogs.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Unhappy  customer

Unhappy customer

Not worth the worry

Tried twice even smallest amount she ended up with shocking diarrhoea, sorry the penny didn't click earlier, not good food for my girl..cannot believe Dr.Chris Brown has put his name to it.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Nat

Nat

Dog vomitted and had diarrhea

My dog consistently vomits and has diarrhea after eating food from Optimum. I'm sorry to my dog that it took me so long to connect the dots, but after trial and error we have decided definitely that his stomach upsets are caused by Optimum food. After reading the reviews, I cannot believe this product is still on the shelves. Please do not buy this for your dogs.

Sheila

Sheila

shocked to read the reviews, curious as to why my dog suddenly has itchy red skin and paws

I switched from Supercoat to Optimum as I thought it was better quality and my dog far prefers the taste.
My eight year old staff cross with a cast iron stomach and never ill started licking her belly a couple of weeks after the switch. It's very red and now her paws are itchy too.
No other apparent cause. After reading the reviews I will throw it out and switch back as it's getting worse by the week.
Will be interested to see if it goes away.

Purchased in July 2019.

Rufus

RufusMurray Mallee, SA

Not the right formula for our dog.

Our dog has sensitive skin and also suffers from severe reflux. This brand of dog food has not abated her reflux, so we have stopped buying it. Wont buy again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for A$30.00.

Mark F.

Mark F.Mid North Coast, NSW

Dog started vomiting after first meal

Bought the Adult all breed beef, veg and rice. Found vomit down stairs. Thought it was for other reasons. Two days later, found vomit piles all around garden. Why is this product still on shelves in Coles after sooo many poor ratings? Shame on the promoter.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$29.00.

J and T Smith

J and T SmithSouth West, WA

Our dog loves his food

Our 4 year old black lab cross border collie has been on Optimum biscuits since we got him at 10 weeks old. We cook up chicken mince with lots of veggies and put biscuits with it at night time and he loves it. Even without the chicken mince and veggies he still eat it. He always has a great amount of energy, coat looks shiny and he hasn't had any issues with digestion or anything. We love how the biscuits come in different flavours so he doesn't get the same thing all of the time. We purchase the large 15kg bags which last up to 12 weeks!

Purchased in May 2019.

Side Effects No

Just rubbish

Fed this food to my two kelpies both ended up very sick! Vomiting, distrested, breathing problems, swollen eyes. Will not be buying this product again. It took a long time for my dogs to recover

Purchased in March 2019.

Jetta

JettaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DON'T LET YOUR DOG SUFFER

Changed to Optimum tonight. Within two hours was at the vet with a very sick dog. Lethargic, drooling, swollen eyes, breathing problems, wind, distressed. $350 later Throwing the rest out !! Never again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for A$3.75.

bucket

bucketMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This brand is rubbish

Purchased in June 2019 at Munno Para Foodland for A$27.00.

Ashley

Ashleyasked

I have just recently changed my 9 year old American bulldogs diet from raw beef to optimum dry biscuits ever since been on the biscuits his drinking ridiculous amounts of water.
Is this normal?

Janelle

Hello, I would stop giving him those biscuits, my dog was very sick . Try another brand like royal canin etc from pet shop. Better quality but more expensive ( worth it ).

Annie d

Annie dasked

Anyone experienced cancerous lumps with this brand? Both of my parents dogs have/has lumps, one was confirmed cancerous. They only feed them this.

Emma Byrne

Emma Byrneasked

I feed my dogs Optimum (Small Terrier & Puppy). Nothing has happened yet but should I be worried? I thought it was good quality but reading these reviews it doesn't look like it. Does anyone have any recommendations about what food I should switch to or should I keep using Optimum?

Maze007

Hi, Blackhawk is fantastic as well as Science Diet. Any pet store will be able to help you as well as your vet.