Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series

Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series

Loved it. Until it suddenly died.

Used it every day and loved it. After 6 months, it suddenly died. Contacted customer service, jumped through all their hoops and now being strung along for 3 months. Seriously dissatisfied!

Purchased in January 2018.

Beh
Beh

Francois, I emailed you the same day you posted your message (almost 2 weeks ago. Subject line says: “Beh - Optimum G2.1 Blender Online Review“). I am still waiting for a response.

It was good while it lasted, but did not last!!!

Purchased in May 2018 for $750.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Daily
Used for: Smoothies and Soups

I NEED A FUNCTIONING BLENDER

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ok but wish I bought a Vitamin

I am frustrated that I can't make nut butters as it says I should be able to or anything thick (ie soaked cashew nuts) as the blades cavitate no matter what speed I choose. I made creamed cauliflower the other night and spent most of the time fighting cavitation.
Also, I had to send in the jug as the blades came loose within the first 3 months of just making smoothies. It took almost 3 months to get a replacement jug. I have continued to mostly make smoothies and puree soups and now the replacement jug blades are loose. I expected to be able to do more than just make smoothies and puree soups

Date PurchasedNov 2016

LLP

LLPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

I use it daily for smoothies, chopping veggies, making flour, grinding seeds and nuts. I resisted buying this initially, but very pleased with my purchase. It stays out on my bench. I Highly recommended this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I wish I'd bought a Vitamix

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Stjudi

StjudiQld, 4825

Ferfect-o !

I can trust this blender to blitz almost anything I want. It’s produces really fine smoothies with no gritty bits. Love it! Sometimes I’ll need to use the tamper cause of too much frozen fruit but she does it beautifully. Coffee beans sometimes are too fine but that’s my fault. My only hiccup is it’s just a bit too tall.
I really love it and tell everyone about it.

November 25th 2018 Update: Love it.

Can do almost anything I want it to do and with ease. Lots of different settings. Everything is already preset so it’s super easy but would like a pulse option. I’ve used it for almost 2 years now still love it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Peter B

Peter BWoombye

Good blender

Blends well. Haven't tried every function but seems powerful enough to do any reasonable job. Blends frozen fruits easily. Find the presets ok but often add some manual time. Works as advertised.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Muhammad A

Muhammad APerth

Alright Blender

The blender is good, blends well but only small items. Trying to blend large items results in broken blades. The Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series is built well and is durable. It is big so storage is an issue. For the price and the blending ability it is average.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

JP1

JP1Basel

Broken blade making tomato soup!

After approximately 20 uses making fruit smoothies, the blade broke whilst making tomato soup. I’ve been dealing with their service people for a month, ended up having to pay 90 euros for a replacement part, and second jug because we feel it will probably break again. Paid 9 days ago and haven’t heard from them as to whether we are being shipped the part and jug. Stay away!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Blades broken after 3 months!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Nathan

NathanTasmania

Strong start, minor gripe and headache

Date PurchasedMar 2018

RabzCanberra

Unfortunately, failure after failure

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Rabz

I'd like to thank Francois for personally contacting me to resolve the issue and Froothie for getting us a new blender just in time for our function! We have received great customer service from Froothie.

Ari

Ari

Not the best initial experience, but Froothie are in the works of redeeming themselves :)

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kris L

Kris LCanberra

Powerful Blender!

I did thorough research into top blenders for a while, but the Optimum G2.1 really caught my eye. Bought mine with Lifetime Warranty. Very powerful blender! Use it everyday. Noise level isn't to bad. Beautiful, sleek modern design with programmed touch screen. Makes great soups, nut butters, nut milks, flours, smoothies etc all with a smooth consistency Someone in the household had filled the jug with water after making a smoothie and left a spoon inside. Decided to put the jug back on the unit with a little dishwashing detergent. Turned it on and was horrified with the noise thinking I just destroyed a new blender, but to my surprise no damage was done to blender or blades, only the spoon! Definitely recommend!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
wackijac

wackijac

Expected more based on reviews, very noisy and need to chill smoothie again before drinking

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This is amazing!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

jayson

jaysonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'm in smoothy heaven!

Love the Optimum G2.1. I've used other Optimum blenders before and loved them but this model takes the cake! Much quieter than the previous models.

Easy smoothies, great hommus, blended soups, it's all easy with this blender.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

lille

lille

Love my Optimum G2.3

Finally bought an Optimum blender after much research and was offered an upgrade to a G2.3, which I accepted. I love it! I use it at least once every day for smoothies, dips, vegan creams/desserts and more. It is quieter than I expected, in fact quieter than my previous product. It is easy to clean, looks smart and does a beautiful job blending. I don't know what I did before without it - I look forward every day to my next blender experience.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Peter C.

Peter C.Sydney

Awesome blender

Love the Optimum G2.1. It's used literally everyday to make the smoothest smoothies. Love the digital menu that is really helpful in grinding and blending different stuff - from making smoothies to grinding out prawn shells for Prawns Noodles Soup ;-). Beautiful results.
It is strong and tough and cleaning is so, so easy. And it look gorgeous!!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Dee

Deeasked

Was just going through process of ordering optimum G21. When came to color choice only had red or silver. Is the black sold out or not available anymore? Regards Lee

Hi Dee, I am sorry it seems I missed this question :/
I hope you already have an amazing blender and started to create delicious smoothies, soups and more.
In case you are still looking around you might be interested in the VAC2 Vortex Vacuum Blender that is a groundbreaking appliance designed to improve food quality, preservation and shelf life. Vacuum technology eliminates the oxidation process by drawing the oxygen (which can lead to the destruction of nutrients in food), out of the blending jug, so you can enjoy maximum benefits!

Hope that helps

BenB

BenBasked

How do i use the G2.1 to crush ice? I have not been able to crush ice cubes effectively using the crush setting.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Ben, thank you for your message. The best way to crush ice is to add the ice cubes first into the jug, then some water. Please select the required setting and make sure to use the tamper to assist with the blending. You can view this video where the 9200A is used to crush ice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtzOyA2rnWM&t=116s. Please contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you need further assistance :)

Kathc2

Kathc2asked

I have found the presentation of the Optimum blenders pricing and models quite confusing. It appeared that the G2.1 was the latest model and being offered at an amazing discount because it is 'pre order' I assumed this was to create sales and therefore customer reviews would be generated for the new model. However, as I was about to purchase the G2.1 I came across the G2.3 the actual latest model and found the reviews on this site. I am now moving from excited to purchase what seemed to be a fantastic product from a genuine up front and honest company, to wondering if its all a bit of smoke and mirrors for sales? I would really appreciate some feedback from reviewers about whether they paid RRP, how they chose the model the purchased and whether they feel it was the best suited to their needs, or if upgrading would be a preference were it an option? I am also very curious as to when both the G2.1 and G2.3 were actually released to the market.
Many thanks ;)

tiggy234
tiggy234

We ordered a 9400 but were then offered what appeard to be a fantastic deal of just $99 to upgrade to the G2.3. We did up grade and when the unit arrived it looked amazing, and super quite, BUT we found it lacked power and this appeared to be consistant through out reviews. I must say the company were great as far as customer service was concerned and covered all costs of swapping it for the G2.1. Though noisy I much prefer to have a unit that has some grunt behind it. Since purchase about 6 months ago it has not missed a beat. Does all we want and more. The company seem to have consistant sales of its product so I would be watching there company web site for the best deal.

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Hi Kathc2, better late than never :-) Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply. It seems this question was missed somehow. I'd more than happy to explain some of the key differences between the G2.1 and G2.3 even though, the G2.1 has been discontinued.

Basically, the G2.1 and G2.3 are using different motor technologies. The G2.1 comes equipped with a conventional carbon brush motor that delivers a steady flow of torque and helps the blender easily crush hard ingredients into a smooth blend while the G2.3 comes equipped with a Brushless Motor that has less power compared to the G2.1 but is quieter and will last longer due to it's efficient design and having no carbon brushes that can wear out.

As mentioned, the G2.1 is currently discontinued and was replaced with the Optimum Vacuum Blender, a blender that employs the latest Vacuum Blending technology on the market. We've had such success with the Vacuum Blender that it's currently Sold Out on the site but you can learn more about it here: https://www.froothie.com.au/store/froothie-blenders/optimum-vacuum-blender

Hope this helped & Cheers to your health!

Francois N.