4Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series

Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series Questions & Answers

Grant K.
Grant K.

I had a brushless blender from you but had stopped working which model is you most powerful

caztrick
caztrick

I have the G2.3 platinum, its awesome but you cant get it anymore. looks like the G2.6 is there most powerful available.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Grant, In case you need any assistance with the product our Expert Technical Support Team is literally only one click or a phone call away, ready to assist you. For any questions you have, you can email us at suppport@froothie.com.au, call us at 1300 309 900 or simply can open a ticket with our support team at external link . Our Ticketing and Warranty Team is ready to help you with any issues you may have, 24/7.❤️
Hope this helps
Have a Froothielicious day! :)
Alex

Linda K.
Linda K.

Hello,
I’m very interested in buying this blender but see that the jug is made of a type of plastic. It says it can crush ice and when I did that with my Nutribullit the plastic has gone cloudy. Will this jug do the same? Many thanks.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Linda! Due to the high speed of the blades and the powerful motor, glass is an unsafe option for high speed blenders like Vitamix and Optimum. If a spoon, or other utensil, were to be accidentally dropped in or left in the container during processing, the glass container could shatter or explode and cause serious injury. Glass jugs are usually only available with weaker less-expensive blenders, and high speed blenders cannot be approved for sale in Australia with a glass jug.

All Optimum jugs are made of high-quality commercial-grade Eastman Tritan copolyester material (BPA Free), and are virtually unbreakable. All jugs are heat proof, approved for health and safety by the US Food & Drug Administration, CE, Underwriters Laboratory and the European Laboratory Commission.

The Optimum jugs are very durable and will not break, great example in this video with someone slamming the jug with a hammer numerous times:
external link

I hope that helps clear it up :)

Roger Chong
Roger Chong

Hi, I just bought G2.6 today. I thought it is a brushless motor like the G2.3 which bought for my sister. I make my own tahini. Does the G2.6 has just as much torque with a full load? My order # 124502638. I like the brushless because it is quieter and maintain torque under a full load.

StuC
StuC

I make homus and grind up frozen and fresh fruit and vegetables every morning for smoothies. Never misses a beat or even sounds like it is working hard. Very happy with it.

Julia
Julia

Which is stronger, the g2,6 or the g2.3? Why is the g2.3 more expensive than the g2.6? Is the g2.6 on offer at the moment (31st May 2019)

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Julia! The G2.6 gives the G2.3 a run for its money.
The G2.3 is more expensive as it has a brushless motor, however we've moved away from brushless motors for the moment.

What are you looking to use your blender for?
I can let you know the best option :)

Tam
Tam

Hi please what do I do to restore connection between the jug bottom and the top of the motor on which it seats? This great machine has been very helpful in my business...

Sew
Sew

Sorry I am not sure what you meant. Is the machine not going at all ?

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Tam, thank you for your message. Can you please contact our technical support team using this link external link and describe the exact issue you are having and they will assist you without further delay. We hope this helps :)

Hi Nicholas,

Took down my review as the company are doing the right thing and replacing the 2.3 for a 2.1. Just wondered if you have tried nut butter in your 2.1 and did it work. Also how is the 2.1 in comparison to the 2.3 in regards to seeds in smoothys ? I also ended up with large seeds in smoothys from the 2.3

Hi Tiggy,

That is fair enough. I have not yet made the nut butter. In regards to juices and smoothies I excellent so far. It still struggled with the protein balls - it did mix however - but the motor did start to burn. The g2.3 did not do anything and switched itself off.

Over all happy with the G2.1.

tiggy234

Hi Nicholas, got my G2.1 today and made a smoothy same ingredients I used with the G2.3 but far superior results. Will have to try nut butter but like you very happy with the G2.1.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello, Thank you for your feedback :) We are happy to see that you are satisfied with the G2.1.

Regarding the nut butter, you can check out our online video where we make some nut butter in the G2.1:

external link

You can also find some useful tips under our FAQ section - including the order of ingredients under "My blender won't start - what should I do?":

external link

Nicholas can also share his feedback once he has tried his own nut butter.

We hope this helps :)

Hello,

Can you please tell me the actual HP for the G2.3? I am still waiting.

I was told the G2.3 has more torque. Can you please also provide me the actual torque for the G2.3 vs G2.1 and the Optimum 9400.

Bev O
Bev O

I went to the optimum websitr and they had a vomparrison between the various types

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are right. They do have comparisons. However they do not say what the Horse power for the G2.3 is. Please tell me where on the website can find this. They also say the G2.3 has more torque than the others. So what is the torque difference between the G2.3 and the other blenders. Again this can not be found on the website and no one from the company is answering these questions. It is retailed as a $2,000 blender yet they cannot answer simple questions.

On top of that - they told me 3HP over the phone, and 3.8HP to another customer.

Please read the questions and answers above. No one from the company is answering this question which does not seem right.

Greg H.
Greg H.

Sorry Nicholas - no idea. Ask Froothie.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Thank you for your message. The 9400 and G2.1 are fitted with a brushed motor and the G2.3 has a brushless motor so the data cannot be compared.

The G2.3 peak motor power is 1500W (which is about 2HP). Compared to a brushed motor wattage output we estimate the brushless maximum motor power to be equivalent to 1800W as brushed motor efficiency fluctuates between 45-75% depending on the load while brushless motor efficiency stays above 85-90% regardless of the load.

Our brushless motor delivers 57% more torque and saves up to 33% more energy compared to traditional brushed motor powered blenders. With increased torque, our blenders can maintain the set speed even when crushing tough and dense ingredients without losing its performance. You will have maximum control even when blending the most unyielding mixtures.

This feature is what makes the Optimum G2.3 model superior to not only our other Optimum models, but also our competitors, including Vitamix, Blendtec and Omniblend, all of which use brushed motors for their blenders. The Brushless motor also offers greater power and efficiency.

Please feel free to contact us again with any further questions.

Kind regards :)

Nicholas

Can you please confirm how many horse power the G2.3 is, and please confirm that the engine is more powerful than the Vortex 9400?

thanks

Optimum Appliances   DM

Thank you for your enquiry. Both blenders have a peak motor power of 1500 watts, powerful enough to make any recipe you wish. They are both high quality and highly reliable appliances. You can read more about Optimum on this link external link . The Optimum G2.3, which is the newest blender in the Optimum range, is fitted with a brushless motor which has the advantage of delivering increased torque, reducing noise and also comes with a lifetime warranty. Whichever blender you choose to buy, it will last you for years!

We hope this helps :)

Nicholas

Thanks for the reply - however still doesn't answer my question. I was asking how many horse power the the G2.3 is.

And they are not both 1500 watts. The Optimum 9400 is 3HP 2238 Watts and the G2.3 is 1500 watts.

Are you sure you work for the company as the information you just gave me was rubbish. Have you even looked or read what's on your own website?

Anne
Anne

I asked the same question Nicholas, and when I rang them up they told me it was 3.8HP. But converting this into watts means that the G2.3 is 2833.66 Watts, which is not what their website states.

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the reply. There is something really not right about this. I ended up ringing and they told me it was 3HP (same as the 9400).

So they tell you 3.8HP. They told me 3HP, and they have nothing on the website??? And you are correct with your wattage calculations.

Can someone in the company please answer this question truthfully and provide evidence?

Ben

As I understand the G2.3 has a 1500W brushless motor - it consumes 1500W. According to the froothie website the efficiency of this type of brushless motor is 85-90% which means that you will get about 1275 to 1350W at the blade (not taking losses for friction in the seals and bearings into account)

The 9400 has a 2238W brushed motor. As per froothies website the efficiency of this type of motor fluctuates between 45 and 75% depending on the load. This means that you will get about 1007 to 1678W at the blade, again not taking the other mechanical losses into consideration.

I think the most important is the rpm that the blade is making, together with its ability to maintain the same rpm for which the torque is an important factor.

Unfortunately I haven't found any information regarding this. I'm myself trying to decide between the G2.3 and G2.1.

2.1 looks better and is more powerfull. Will the 2.3 achieve the same results with the reduced power or not... choices choices...

B

Hi Ben,

Had the G2.3 for a few weeks. Basic things like smoothness, fruit juice etc it was good. Heavier things like homemade protein balls it struggle. Asked for a refund and decided to get the G2.1 instead. Waiting for it to come in. Will let you know once I get it

Thanks for your reply.

Couldn't make my mind up on between the G2.1 and G2.3. In the end after reading some positive reviews and asking two of the reviewers - one previously had a 9200A the other a G2.1 - how the G2.3 compared performance wise I decided to go with the G2.3 as both of them say they are very happy with the units. Both prefer them over their previous blenders..

Now I'm having my doubts again unfortunately...

I've asked Froothie specifically how the performance of the G2.1 compares with the G2.3, I couldn't care less if it takes a little longer to get the same results, as long as it's getting there. No answer from Froothie yet.

Unfortunately I've ordered my unit from the UK through another seller which in turn gets them from Froothie UK because Froothie does not ship to Europe main land - I live in Germany - and it's not yet sold on the European continent yet.. Because of this I paid a quite some shipping...If I have to return this G2.3 I will have to pay the shipping three times (once for the G2.3 to get here, then once to send it back and then one more time for the exchange model)...stupid me...couldn't wait until the G2.3 would come available here.. Really hope it doesn't come to that..

I do find it strange that you had difficulties with the protein balls though..I don't know much about blending yet, but I would imagine you're not using silly speeds for blending these balls.. This G2.3, even though it's running at lower - much lower - rpm should be very strong on the lower rpm compared to blenders with a carbon brush motor. Which jug did you use for this, the small two bladed or the big six bladed? The G2.3 with it's motor is not as special as Froothie makes it out to be as there's another blender with a similar motor - albeit a little bit less powerful at 1200 watt - the Bianco di Puro Gusto. I've read a review which was not that great but it did mention that on lower rpm it was incredibly powerful. I've been looking at it a little like petrol engines vs diesel engines. The first has much more power at higher rpm vs the diesel which is much stronger at lower rpms...

Did you try to make smoothies with tough ingredients like kale etc? Perhaps make some nut milk with it? My main concern is not the lack of power of the G2.3 - Vitamix has proven like no other that 1500 Watt can be more than adequate - but the lack of speed. This unit is running at around 16000 rpm as I've been told by someone from Froothie.. at this time my order was already in...

I'm expecting and hoping to receive the blender tomorrow. Now I need to find out how to test it properly...

Ben

So, my G2.3 is on its way back. Received it yesterday late afternoon. Half an hour later the lights went out... The safety switch that's pressed in when you put the jug in place was a bit dodgy.. It happened yesterday three times that for some reason when the safety switch was pressed in and basically powering on the blender a short circuit was created and one of the electrical groups tripped.

Still I managed a to make a few smoothies with some tough ingredients. Expected a little bit better blending result from the G2.3. Made a smoothie with among mixed berries, pomegranate, banana, some flaxseed and kale. The kale blended very well, but I did end up with a lot of big pieces of seeds. I think that the G2.1 with it's much higher speed will do a better job with these ingredients.

Spoke to both the seller and Froothie UK (G2.3 is not available yet in Germany which is why I bought it from another UK seller which ships internationally as Froothie UK normally doesn't) and I was very positively surprised that Froothie UK immediately shipped me a new blender, even without having received my unit back. Hats off for this service, certainly considering they are also shipping it abroad without additional shipping cost for me.

This time I did decide to go for the G2.1. I loved having the smaller jug and the lifetime warranty, but I do expect the G2.1 to outperform the G2.3. And the 10 years of warranty on the motor are also more than sufficient I think.

In the end I think it was just a bit of bad luck, this could also not have easily been found during quality control as maybe only one every ten times the jug was put in place the group tripped causing all lights to go out.

Ultimately very happy with the customer service and hope the G2.1 will do better..

Hi Ben,

I found it very difficult to get a reply on here in regards to the main differences between in the G2.1 and G2.3. Like I said earlier when i first purchased the G2.3 I was told over the phone twice it was a 3HP machine. I started to question that when i made the protein balls. Later to be told it was only 2HP and G2.1 is their most powerful.

After sending the G2.3 back I have now received the G2.1. Used it for the first time this morning to make fresh fruit juice. Honestly - i found the noise level the same, even the the brushless motor of the g2.3 is suppose to be quieter. Another positive thing - the settings for fresh fruit in the g2.3 is 90 seconds, the setting in the g2.1 is 60 seconds - and i found the outcome exactly the same.

Your question about the protein balls - if you read the recipe book it says to use the preset setting for nuts when making the balls. I did exactly that. Went for a few seconds - nothing in the jar was moving and then it just stopped. I tried it a 2nd and third time with lesser ingredients and with the same outcome

Next thing i will do is try these protein balls in the g2.1. Hopefully this time a better result. For a $600 blender you expect great things. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

Thanks mate

hope it doesn't disappoint and all works out with your G2.1

I'm also very curious on how the G2.1 will do. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but unfortunately something went wrong with the delivery. I would have liked to have tried it before I leave for work for a few months again tomorrow. Also because I've gotten a little bit nagging feeling and started to doubt if Optimum was the right choice given that for not much more money we could have had a Vitamix which is proven top quality.. I don't like the way Optimum is playing with the numbers/specifications and I've also read some reviews mentioning burning smell from the G2.1 motor under heavy load etc... Now my wife will have to give it a good try once it arrives.

I was not particularly impressed with the performance of the G2.3. One of the smoothies we did manage to make contained pomegranate, mixed berries, kale and some lighter to blend ingredients. The smoothie was made using the fruit and vegetable setting (90 sec) and it left quite large pieces of seeds. If the results of the G2.1 are similar then I think it will be going back.

I really hope it doesn't come to that, as it looks like it is a fantastic blender. But it's too much money to spend on a blender and not be happy with the results.

Cheers!

Magnus
Magnus

Hi Ben & Nicholas

I'm curious about your learnings with the G2.1?

I'm in a similar phase to choose between G2.1 and G2.3.

Thanks, Magnus