4Optimum G2.6 Platinum
Part of Optimum G2.6 Series4.9(213)

Optimum G2.6 Platinum Questions & Answers

Verified馃弳 2024 Award
Erica T.
Erica T.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

The OPTIMUM G2.6 Platinum Series, Our Most Advanced Blender To Date
May I know how long the ex-demo blender has been used before putting on sale?

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Erica, Thank you for your interest in our products :)

Ex-demo units were minimally used at seminars or for demonstrations by our team.
Each unit has only been used a handful of times, washed and repackaged.

The ex-demo units have 100% of the same warranty as the new units.

Hope this helps,
Froothie team.

Erica T.
Erica T.聽聽

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

You are more then welcome :-)

Gerry
Gerry聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi, Is it possible to purchase a 1 lite jug for the G2.6 blender ?

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Gerry, Unfortunately, we are sold out of the Optimum G2.6 1L jug and we are currently not having an estimated time of when they will be coming back in our assortment.

However, when using the 2L jug, you will be also able to blend small quantities. We recommend covering the blades by 1-2 centimeters as a minimum.

Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out.

Much regards,
Froothie team

Pamela M.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

we have a new G2.6 and we can't get the jug to fit securely onto base...its just loose

Naomi G
Naomi G聽聽

Hey! Yes this surprised me too. It doesn鈥檛 lock in but just sits there. It doesn鈥檛 effect its function so doesn鈥檛 really matter :)

Pamela M.聽聽

ok, thanks Naomi

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Ladies - Pamela and Naomi. Thank you for your question and your answer.

That is correct, the jug does not lock into place until the unit is switched on and the jug engages with the drive socket. You may notice it slightly rotates before locking in. This is normal and perfectly safe :)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a lovely day
Suzanna

Pamela M.聽聽

thanks Suzanna

Shola F.
Shola F.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Does the sound cover fit the G2.6 ?

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Shola, the soundcover for the 9400X fits only this model. There is no sound cover fort the G2.6 I am afraid

Julia
Julia聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

My g2.6 has recently started making a much louder noise than before. Does anyone know what the problem could be, and how to fix it?

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hey Julia, please reach out to us via support@froothie.com.au so we can assist further :) It might have to do with the drive socket or the blades but we would require more info in order to give accurate advice.

Candice Frank
Candice Frank聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Does this product have an up and go cup attachment with lid. If so how much does that cost..? And how much are replacement jugs.??

Bloods63聽聽

Mine doesn鈥檛. You would need to ask the seller these questions.

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Candice I order to have your question replied properly, may I ask you to contact our Expert Technical Support Team which is literally only one click or a phone call away. For any questions you have, you can email us at suppport@froothie.com.au, call us at 1300 309 900 or simply can open a ticket with our support team at external link . Our Ticketing and Warranty Team is ready to help you with any issues you may have, 24/7.鉂わ笍

Have a Froothielicious day! :)

Sue E.
Sue E.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

what is the best way to clean this blender?

Bloods63聽聽

Rinse the blender jug with warm soapy water. Then add a drop or two of dishwashing liquid into the jug and fill half way with warm water. Pop the lid on and run on high for up to a minute. Rinse and let it air dry.

Sere
Sere聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hello, I am attempting to decide whether to buy the optimum 9400A or the G2.6.
For personal home kitchen use. Both look great.
I live outside Australia so want a reliable unit, it is not easy to simply return for repair or replacment if any issues.
How to differentiate the 2?

SB

Hello Sere Alex from Froothie International here
Both units are awesome products but for more detailed informations, our Expert Technical Support Team is glad to assist you and it is literally only one click or a phone call away. For any questions you have, you can email us at suppport@froothie.com.au, call us at 1300 309 900 or simply can open a ticket with our support team at external link . Our Ticketing and Warranty Team is ready to help you with any issues you may have, 24/7.鉂わ笍
Hope this helps
Have a Froothielicious day! :)

Aqdas
Aqdas聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hello,
Does the G2.6 also work to grind spices? E.g grind whole black pepper corns into black pepper? Or cumin seeds into powder etc?

Thanks!

Thao
Thao聽聽

Hello Aqdas,
I would recommend using an electric coffee grinder to grind large amount of peppers as it doesn't generate heat and it preserves the pepper aroma. Best to grind pepper as you need. I am using a small manual coffee grinder to grind pepper on the need basis.

Hi Aqdas, Alex from Froothie International here
I can definitely help you out with this :)
The optimum is easily able to grind dry nuts and seeds. Each nut or seed has a different density (how hard it is) and also a different breaking point (the point where the oil is released from the nut/seed and it begins to form a nut/seed butter.) Brazil nuts are much harder than walnuts for example, and walnuts are much higher in fat than pumpkin seeds.

Due to this, for the best and most consistent results it is best to grind each type of nut or seed individually. You will need to add the nuts/seeds to the blender, turn it on low, and then pulse a few times. Adding the correct amount to the blender is also very important. If there is too much content, the nuts at the bottom can begin to break forming nut butter, before the nuts at the top are ground. We suggest using 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts or seeds, enough to cover the blades but not bury them altogether.

If while pulsing you notice that the nuts and seeds in the corners of the jug are not circulating, turn the blender off, use the spatula which comes with your unit to stir these through and then turn the machine back on low and pulse again.

Another useful tips when grinding nuts or seeds is to refrigerate them first, the cold temperature will also assist with slowing down the breaking process allowing you to get a consistent result every time.

Grinding dried fruit is also possible in the Optimum 9400 but it is important to note that the fruits must be completely dry to get a powder. Fruits such as goji berries are usually quite sticky on the inside so when you use the procedure about to grind them, they can form a ball or pull together rather than form even result.

A great way to ensure your dried fruit is ready to grind is to place them on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 40C (105F) over night. Check to ensure they are completely dry by cutting into the fruit, if not continue to dehydrate for another 2-4 hours. Even sun-dried tomatoes need this treatment before grinding them into tomato powder.

I look forward to hearing about how you go :)

If you get stuck on any specific recipe just let me know and we can give you some more tips!

Kate
Kate聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

The power is on, the on button is lit up but does not respond when touched, hence no other function lights up????

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Kate, And thank you for your message :).
Am I so sad to hear this :(
Kindly call our head office at 1300 309 900 and our team will answer all your questions and assist you with any issues.
Froothie International Team

Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi, I鈥檓 a chef & my 6 yr old optimum 9400 is shredding rubber now so have been researching an upgrade.
I鈥檇 like to know which you would recommend and why- The G2.6 or the optimum 2nd gen 9400? Also is the black a shiny black or Matt black?
I will buy one ASAP, I just want to know what you believe would work best for someone who cooks a lot and would use it for numerous tasks.
Not intending for commercial use though.

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Stephanie, And thank you for your question :).
Feel free to call our head office at 1300 309 900 and our team will answer all your questions and assist you with any issues.
Froothie International Team

Archana
Archana聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

I love this blender and have been using it for two years. It would be so great if optimum could release a stainless steel blender jug. They are more easy to clean and healthier (no micro plastics with long term use). Would Optimum please be able to release a stainless steel jug very soon?

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Archana, great to hear you are loving your blender! I have forwarded your feedback request to the product development team. As far as I am aware a stainless steel jug is not being planned at the moment.
For those who prefer a glass jug rather than plastic we currently have the Froothie Evolve that comes with 2 glass jugs.

Have a great day Archana!

Parika M.
Parika M.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi , I am looking to buy a Optimum blender but confused between 9200A and G2.6. They both seem great. They have great power, look sturdy and perform similar functions as well.
Could you please shed some light on why there is a substantiate difference in their prices?
and What is the major difference between them? Please share your personal opinions/suggestions.
Parika

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hey Parika, Please see a comparison below between the G2.6 blender and the 9200A blender.

Jug Sets
Both the G2.6 and the 9200A blenders come standard with a 2Lt jug within the box.
There are smaller jugs available for either model, a 1Lt jug for the G2.6 and a 12.5Lt jug for the 9200a.

However, for the G2.6 blender the jug is dishwasher safe!!
The dishwasher-safe bearings make it one of the few brands (along with Vitamix and Blendtec) to offer such a technology, ensuring the part which fails the most in blenders (bearings of the blades) will last you many years to come.
Whereas when cleaning the 9200A blender you need to ensure the external bottom of the jug remains dry at all times.

Motor Power
The 9200A blender is our fastest blender in our rage in terms of wattage, peaking at 2611 watts.

The G2.6 blender however has the latest technology within the motor and features automatic torque control, for a more efficient blend. The G2.6 peaks at 2400 watts.

Warranty
The 9200A blender comes standard with a 5 year warranty for domestic (at home) use.
The G2.6 blender comes standard with a 10 year warranty for domestic use.

Both blenders can be used commercially, and would come with a 1 year commercial warranty.
There is also the option on both blenders to extend the warranty to a "Domestic Lifetime Warranty" for an additional $110.

The company is also offering customers a trial period on both units, with the option to return the product within 30 days from the date of receipt of the order for a full refund. This allows you to try the product in your own kitchen before deciding whether to keep it.

Let me know in case you have additional questions :)

Litty
Litty聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Can I turn branches into powder with this blender? It is very important to me to be able to turn solids into powder with out delay.

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hey Litty, which branches are you referring to please? In general you can turn all ingredients into powder quite easily in this powerful blender :)

Jake H.
Jake H.聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi there I just got my new G2.6 platinum blender and the buttons on the touch screen don鈥檛 work! Plz heap!

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hey Jake, The Optimum G2.6 Platinum Series comes with a small on/off switch that is located at the bottom of the unit. Please refer to the following photo and take note of that little white button that is on the bottom right-hand side of the base鈥: external link In order for the blender to power up, you will need to press this switch prior to using your G2.6. It is not uncommon for customers to forget about this, so no stress at all! 鈥

Hope this helps, and do let us know if you have any other queries that we may assist with!

Jake H.
Jake H.聽聽

Hi yes we have tried all this and still not working we were talking to Andrea from real food solution but havnt heard from her in 2 days. It鈥檚 like the touch button are not working? Who can we call to get a replacement, my wife is very upset as it was her Christmas present and she has smoothies everyday! We are very excited to one day use this amazing blender.

natasha s.
natasha s.聽聽

Hi, I am having the same issue. Powered on and only one light is flashing and none of the touch pads appear to be working. Not impressed after spending this much money on a blender.. was Also really looking forward to using this amazing blender after reading all these great reviews. Can鈥檛 seem to access a 24/7 support team you talk about either?

nathan
nathan聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi my g2.6 blender won鈥檛 start it鈥檚 just flashes E01 on the screen , is this a fault code for the blender

Mark
Mark聽聽

Try unplugging and plugging back in. If that doesn't work, I'd contact Froothie as it may be a motor issue.

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hey Nathan, please make sure the jug is placed onto the base. If that was done then error E01 could mean that water has gained access into the display PCB. Please leave the unit for 48 hours to dry and try again. If you still require assistance you can contact our technical support under: external link

Hope that helps :)

Christina K.
Christina K.聽聽

I have the same problem.

Rose J.
Rose J.聽聽

I just received mine and I'm having a similar issue. I believe it is on standby mode but the on/off touch button isn't responding. It is lit with a red LED rather than green. We are currently leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes and plugging it back in. This is an unfortunate first impression to a product I was very excited for. I will update if we manage to get it to work.

GM Moodley
GM Moodley聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Can I make soup with my optimum G2.6 blender
Can I use it to chop veg

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello GM, Our optimum Blenders are capable of making ice cream or heating a soup!

For hot food processing, blending food at a HIGH speed, spinning the six stainless steel blades at a very high RPM, produces friction heat. In a few minutes, your soup can be ready!

You can also add warm ingredients in the jug but NEVER place hot ingredients (above 65C) into the blender

As for the frozen ingredients, thanks to those same speedy blades the frozen food is crushed at an incredible speed, leaving no time for them to melt! So after a few pulses your ice-cream can be ready.

And you can definitely chop vegetables :) Here you can see how to chop onions in the 9200A: external link (will work the same way with the G2.6)

For more recipes you can check out our website:

external link

Hope that helps!
Andrea

Ken L.
Ken L.聽聽

How high the temperature of soup can the G2.6 bring it up to? How long?

Dani
Dani聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi there,
I am looking at the G2.6 Platinum but am wondering if the 9200a 2nd generation would suffice...? I see someone bought the G2.6 in February for $490? Is that right? They seem to be almost double that typically.
Which model would you recommend out of these two models?
Kind Regards,
Dani.

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Dani, The Optimum 9200A 2nd Gen is our most powerful high speed vortex blender. It is an extremely reliable commercial grade blender used by many well known companies, such as Gloria Jeans and Wendy鈥檚.

It is the #1 Best Rated Blender in Australia for 2 years running!

Check out: https://www.productreview.com.au/p/optimum-9200.html

The power of the motor is 3.5HP and at maximum power it鈥檚 7 amps therefore crushing ice is no problem for the Optimum 9200A 2ndGen. The blender is made from the highest quality materials , designed to out perform and outlast many of its competitors.

The buttons come programmed to allow you to multitask!

Here is a great comparison of the Optimum 9200 Vs. Vitamix:

external link

The Optimum 9200A blender comes with a 12 month commercial warranty, but will provide many years of use.

It also comes with your choice of 5, 10 and LIFETIME warranty!

Included with the 9200A 2nd Gen is a heavy duty tamper tool for assisting with blending thicker ingredients, a scraper, a recipe book with over 100 recipes, a nut milk bag used when making nut milks and a drinking bottle.

You also receive access to our 24 x 7 warranty and support team.

Optimum has a very strong focus on quality, with all of our products being designed and tested in Australia.

Our blenders come with a 30 day free trial, allowing you to use the item yourself and in the unlikely event that you are unhappy with the machine you could opt to send it back for a full refund.

The Optimum G2.6 has been listed on our website September last year as our most advanced and highest quality commercial blender to date. Have a look at the reviews: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/optimum-g2-6

The unique patented jug design for better blending is dishwasher safe!

The Optimum G2.6 will also have the highest quality parts and motor than all other Optimum models and any other domestic blender on the market today.

It also features automatic torque control. For more details, please click here: external link

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything more we can do for you :)

Francesca
Francesca聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Hi team I currently have the 9200 version and wanted to know how loud or noisy the g2.6 is in comparison ? Do you have decibel readings on your models ?

TerryC
TerryC聽聽

Hi Francesca
We had the 9200 on loan for a few months before we got the G2.6. They are probably about the same noise level, bearing in mind that they are powerful machines so are expected to be noisy, especially when crushing ice or grinding nuts. Having said that the G2.6 is easier to clean as the jug is wider at the bottom (although running it with detergent and water for about a minute cleans it well anyway) and it is easier to use with the pre-programmed buttons. We're really happy with the G2.6.
Terry

Francesca
Francesca聽聽

Cilla
Cilla聽路聽G2.6 Platinum

Is there a reset button when blender siezes?

Bella
Bella聽聽

I don鈥檛 know. Mine never has.

bscho
bscho聽聽

Yes. That has happened to me and I have pushed the little button underneath the base of the appliance at one of the corners.

Cilla
Cilla聽聽

Yes we tried that but it still doesn't work unfortunately

Optimum Appliances聽聽DM聽聽

Hello Cilla, in case you are facing any issues or you have any questions you can open a ticket with our support team at external link :)

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

Select a listing for your question
Optimum G2.6 Platinum

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Optimum G2.6 Platinum is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more

Optimum 9400
Optimum 9200A 2nd Generation
Magimix Blender Power Range
Optimum 8200
OmniBlend V

漏聽 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Further details in the disclaimer.