Optus Broadband ADSL

Optus Broadband ADSL (page 2 of 46)

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Adequate Speeds Yes (14%) · No (86%)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (4%) · No (96%)

Atman O.

Atman O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Online and Customer Service Ever

Website doesn’t work at all. Online services don’t work at all. You can’t pay online payment. I wasted 3-4 hours each month to pay monthly bill. Customer service sucks as well. Waste of time.

Start DateApril 2019

Susan M

Susan MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No internet nor home phone for 10 weeks - try to contact Optus every week - no one replies

Optus mistakenly disconnected phone and internet. No internet for 10 weeks! Our email address will probably never work again. Home phone number is lost forever? All contact with Optus failed.

Duong N.

Duong N.

Could be better!

Generally more reliable than other ISPs like Telstra. The speeds are alright but could be better - sometimes day during the late-arvos to mid-night period. Customer service could be better - they have a knack for being rude.

Simon P.

Simon P.Sydney, NSW

Internet never works, customer service is terrible

The internet drops out randomly everyday. Customer service is horrible, they just take up all your time. They are not sympathetic or friendly and just want all your money. Not recommended, go with another provider.

Start DateMarch 2018

Ashley M.

Ashley M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Optus claim their service is acceptable, I disagree.

My internet at its highest speed was 2.3mps but it was consistently around 1mps. At its highest Optus just said that this was an acceptable speed and disregarded that majority of the time was performing well under. I can’t stream tv or Netflix without it stopping to buffer every minute. I called the company many times and was told that there was an issue with the line and they would lodge an inquiry, only later to be told that there wasn’t a problem and this was the most I can expect from optus adsl and any higher would be the nbn speed. I’ll be getting nbn with another company.

Start DateOctober 2018

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Never go with Optus, never ever!!!

I wish I could give a negative rating as I am extremely disappointed with Optus. Connected with them since I have my own home and internet connection has never been stable. Constantly drop off and now I ven have no connection. Hopped on to livechat and the customer service keeps telling me it is an issue with couple of gaming websites. Then I said to them I am browsing any gaming website and I just cannot load a page of any website. Then he started saying its a regional issue and the thing is they Have no idea of how long this is gonna last!!! So basically I have to pay my bills on time for a service I cannot use. Optus shame on you!!!!

Start DateSeptember 2017

Sandip Bhandari

Sandip BhandariSydney, NSW

Cancelation of adsl .

I had called to optus to cancel my adsl plan and to do this small things they put me in hold for more than 30 min. You just need to take day off for this ?. Such a poor costumer service i have ever faced. Never gonna be with this optus again and nevwr gonna recommend anyone to use this.

Start DateAugust 2016

Ella

EllaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Customer service is terrible

I have wasted so much time tryin to communicate with their customer service, to suspend service from a specific date. I was on a chat to several representative each time, every time being told something else, and being transferred constantly. Eventually I was disconnected on spot, and not from the required date! I lost work time and there was no apology.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Flying

FlyingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't followup on what they promise

Had streaming issues for several months. Promised powerline adaptors twice now. Never delivered. Latest was delivery within 48 hours by Toll. Never happened. will be moving all my services to another provider.

Contract Type12-month contract
David S

David SSydney, NSW

Amazing to new customers and then you become worthless

Start DateFebruary 2017
Adequate Speeds Yes

Peter H

Peter HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Direct Debit Debacle

Lost my credit card used for Direct Debit with Optus Broadband and phone. Trying to change card number took 3 days. Still have no My Account. Too difficult for Techs to comprehend . Looking at NBN.
Won’t be Optus after many years

Start DateJanuary 2005

Danielle Mariner

Danielle Mariner

Terrible service of internet and staff team

Been with Optus for a while. I find my Internet was cut and spoke to the team they said I hadn’t paid my bill 2 days before. I checked my records and I have paid every mo th without skipping one payment. They didn’t even contact me just cut the internet. It was always slow and I paid $100 a month for only two people using it. Not worth it and terrible service

Start DateApril 2016

xavier

xavierVictoria

lightning fast.

omg everyone you really should get optus it’s so fast. and very nice workers keep up the great work optus my mum used to be with iiNet but I complained that it was slow then my mum moved to optus and now it’s working fast!

Start DateMarch 2019

Ms vee

Ms veeVictoria

No free view ABC

In my contract it said ABCiview was free and it would not use my data. Then the next day I was charged $10 per extra gig which was almost $100 for a few hours. This should of been free. I don’t have time to call up with small kids and a baby.

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data

Absurd customer service

We've waited 40 days for ADSL service installation which is yet to be completed. The Customer Service team was absolutely useless and kept making false promises that the service will be ready in 24-48 hours which is not the case. It is also extremely difficult to talk to a representative without having to wait 45 min on the phone. Avoid them at all cost

Start DateFebruary 2019
Ovi

OviSydney, NSW

Optus censored parts of the internet

This trashy network blocked websites from users. They don't offer access to internet but to a restricted version of internet that is approved by them. This is fraud. Customers are meant to receive access to the whole internet not just what Optus approves of.

Start DateJuly 2015

Laura C

Laura CSydney, NSW

The worst service ever!!

Terrible customer service, was a customer for 4 years and then moved house... Optus cannot cope with a house move. I’ve been though 3 weeks of calls and online chat, been made constant promises that someone is looking after me and no one ever gets back to you. NEVER USE THEM!

Contract Type18-month contract

Daowen

DaowenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service! Hard to talk to the right person!

Extremely hard to find customer service. 5 People cannot solve my issue and ask me to find the next one. Waste about 1 hour to make the call and didn't solve the problem. And staff in the store told me I'm eligible for $10 discount and ask me to call customer service but they told me they cannot apply the discount. 1 star is the highest score I can give.

Start DateJune 2015
Contract Type24-month contract

Running a business? Don't rely on optus!

Running a business, don't rely on optus! Internet drops in and out. Constantly re-starting modem, not good in front of patients as internet is required for their payments. Optus have been unable to fix for past few months. Phone line dropped out yesterday, told over the phone due to "too much voltage" and technician to be sent out today. 4 hour window given and no technician has shown up.

Chris R

Chris RSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst customer service in existance

Internet/fetch tv package constantly breaking, dropping out. Customer service and technical support team and practically useless and the non-existent care factor goes all the way to the executive level. If it was happening to someone else it would be a joke. Now I have sub par internet service with zero support and no compensation.

Start DateJune 2013