Optus Broadband ADSL

Optus Broadband ADSL (page 2 of 47)

1.5

• Adequate Speeds Yes (12%) · No (88%)
Amy H.

Amy H.Sydney, NSW

Never again!

Was given 6 appointments for the technician to come, would call before the appointment, i would go home and no one would show up.
I was told they need to cancel and re-order the service, followed them up a week later and nothing had been done. Called to cancel the service, was given the run around. They need to call me back later to cancel..

Start DateAugust 2019
Eduardo S.

Eduardo S.Sydney, NSW

The worst! Don’t waste your money

I had optus for 2 years and I don’t recommend this provider for anyone. The connection is often very slow at peak hours, which is usually when I’m home. It’s not cheap compared to other providers and their customer service is really bad. It always take too long until someone pick up the phone, unless you’re contracting a service, in this very moment they are so fast. At this moment while I’m writing I’m calling to cancel my service but guess what? 23min on line and I still couldn’t talk to their special cancellation team.

Start DateDecember 2016
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Stay away from this customer, go with mates Australia

Seriously just stay away from this company. Your dealing with Indians across the ocean and takes 1.5hrs each time trying to get thru. Reason why I signed up coz optus gives 24/7 business service which is the biggest lie ever. Go with mates Australia, takes 2min to talk to someone with clear English and fast service. Optus can’t solve anything.

Start DateSeptember 2019

Find out how Optus Broadband ADSL compares to other Internet Service Providers

Extremely Slow. Very poor service. Frequent errors/problems.

Hmm. Where to start. Well, I had ADSL2+ for ages with optus. Typical speed somewhere around 4 Mbit/s in Sydney. Took a month to get working and 4 hours back and forth before optus decided to fix the lines. The my account service is horrendous. The internet frequently stops to a crawl (so slow the test your internet speed page just does not work, despite no-one else in the household being online). The direct debit option is a joke, requires a mailed form to signup. Just don't get optus, full stop.

Start DateApril 2018
S Myers

S MyersMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Service

Speed of internet is a joke hovering between 2 and 3mps. Can’t even watch Netflix. Indian call centres are not helpful as they are just reading from a script. They sent out at technician 2 weeks ago who advised the Optus modem was faulty and Optus would replace it. Still waiting!!! Have been a customer for 14 years. Over it and going to move providers

Start DateApril 2005
Lola D.

Lola D.Sydney, NSW

Best Provider I had to far

We switched to Optus from telstra which is much cheaper and we never have any problems in our area, the only improvement could be when you call them they should take your number and call back as it can take to long but most provider are the same. Connection is pretty good

Start DateAugust 2019
June

JuneWeetangera 2614, ACT

• ADSL

Optus is the worst internet provider. No service and they are still billing me

Start DateApril 2018

Data TypeCapped Data
Dawnb

Dawnb

Unlawful Direct Debit

Direct debited $743 illegally a week ago from account. Optus have admitted they direct debited in error and said they will refund money but no sign of it after a week. Customer Service appear to be overseas and said I would get refund in 1-2 days. They still illegally have money :(

Data TypeCapped Data

Gigi

Gigi

Poor internet

Ongoing Poor internet home and mobile especially peak times and weekends. But charge a late fee for half delivered service. And when you call the technical team same recording.. Internet issues in your area... 3rd world internet

Sushil

SushilSydney, NSW

Poor throughput

My download speed drops to KBs at times. On calling support, I am asked to go through troubleshooting steps every time and that yields nothing. Momentary throughout test may show better throughout but average throughput remains bad. At once my modem was replaced but that doesn’t help. Earnest request to Optus to resolve my issue. Must mention that the support people are always cordial.

Start DateMay 2018
Nate

NateGold Coast, -Choose a state-

Terrible, stressful a company to avoid at all cost.

I'm adding this new comment in addition to comment I made 4 years ago. I am still getting stressed over this incompetent company 4 year later. They sent my account to baycorp for debt collection services without contacting me first although I had paid it only now I find out because of a letter from Baycorp debt collectors. What’s wrong with Optus, the debt collection services can contact me but optus can’t go figure. I had paid all bills too. Avoid optus at all costs.

Start DateAugust 2014

Terrible customer service

Still waiting for ADSL connection after 8weeks. Phone calls for update bounced from department to department, 1hr20min later I was informed there was an issue with order. Wait another 2weeks.

Start DateApril 2019
Jon T

Jon T

horrible speed, dropping connection, worst customer service

Why is Australia a 3rd world country - thanks to its "broadband" - worse than anywhere else I have seen.

Optus takes the cake - horrible speed, dropping connection, customer service just awful. Was passed over to 3 teams about to pass over the 4th one, before I had to hang Up. Aaaaargh!!!

Start DateJuly 2017
Atman O.

Atman O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Online and Customer Service Ever

Website doesn’t work at all. Online services don’t work at all. You can’t pay online payment. I wasted 3-4 hours each month to pay monthly bill. Customer service sucks as well. Waste of time.

Start DateApril 2019

Susan M

Susan MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No internet nor home phone for 10 weeks - try to contact Optus every week - no one replies

Optus mistakenly disconnected phone and internet. No internet for 10 weeks! Our email address will probably never work again. Home phone number is lost forever? All contact with Optus failed.

Duong N.

Duong N.

Could be better!

Generally more reliable than other ISPs like Telstra. The speeds are alright but could be better - sometimes day during the late-arvos to mid-night period. Customer service could be better - they have a knack for being rude.

Simon P.

Simon P.Sydney, NSW

• ADSL

Internet never works, customer service is terrible

The internet drops out randomly everyday. Customer service is horrible, they just take up all your time. They are not sympathetic or friendly and just want all your money. Not recommended, go with another provider.

Start DateMarch 2018
Ashley M.

Ashley M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Optus claim their service is acceptable, I disagree.

My internet at its highest speed was 2.3mps but it was consistently around 1mps. At its highest Optus just said that this was an acceptable speed and disregarded that majority of the time was performing well under. I can’t stream tv or Netflix without it stopping to buffer every minute. I called the company many times and was told that there was an issue with the line and they would lodge an inquiry, only later to be told that there wasn’t a problem and this was the most I can expect from optus adsl and any higher would be the nbn speed. I’ll be getting nbn with another company.

Start DateOctober 2018
Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Never go with Optus, never ever!!!

I wish I could give a negative rating as I am extremely disappointed with Optus. Connected with them since I have my own home and internet connection has never been stable. Constantly drop off and now I ven have no connection. Hopped on to livechat and the customer service keeps telling me it is an issue with couple of gaming websites. Then I said to them I am browsing any gaming website and I just cannot load a page of any website. Then he started saying its a regional issue and the thing is they Have no idea of how long this is gonna last!!! So basically I have to pay my bills on time for a service I cannot use. Optus shame on you!!!!

Start DateSeptember 2017