Optus Mobile Broadband

Optus Mobile Broadband (page 2 of 17)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (36%) · No (64%)

Ccclaire

Ccclaire

Okay most of the time but keeps disconnecting

The modem was delivered a week late because the sales person only ordered the SIM. Every so often, the modem gives an error message and disconnects from my devices. I must then restore its factory settings and reset the network settings

Start DateDecember 2019

Andre

AndreSydney, NSW

Hideous Internet Provider

I have had Optus for a little over 1 year now (Mobile Broadband) and have experienced dropouts and extremely poor speeds since the beginning.
I have called up a few times and there seems to always be some sort of 'unexpected maintenance in the nearby antenna' which to me sounds like a load of crap.
I have had to use my mobile phone internet (hotspot) to be able to do this review as the Optus connection is that poor. They put it down to unusual Christmas usage.
If the network can only cope with so many customers, why take in more than the network can cater for? sounds like legalised robbery to me.
Disingenuous, dropouts, hideous speeds, phony marketing, disingenuous customer service,

Guess its worth paying a bit more to go with Telstra

Start DateJuly 2019
Bee

BeeSydney, NSW

Had to pay Optus an early termination fee for a service I wasn't receiving.

Crap network

I can't access internet while at home and even network drops frequently while I am travelling in train, it is so much frustrating. Worthless to Spen money on Optus network.

Start DateOctober 2018
Standalone or BundledBundled

Andrea Heyward

Andrea HeywardNorth Queensland, QLD

Worse teveptikn tham Telstra

So i was not happy with telstra mobile. In Townsville and it seemed like every third suburb I couldn't connect to. So o fell for latest Optus advertising. Am now stuck on a two year contract and connections are way more sporadic and not even suburb specific.

Standalone or BundledBundled

Shaik S.

Shaik S.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience with Optus Home Broadband!!!!

I have taken new connection, Trying to activate the sim, Comes up with error that the sim has been locked!
Tried to reach customer consultant(over chat), No luck. There's no one to help over the phone on Sunday! Really?????? Pathetic!

Start DateNovember 2019

Drift

DriftGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice when it works I guess

When it works, it is perfect with me getting upwards of 80mbps download. When it is peak hour, oh deary me. If I am playing games using this internet, I will frequently disconnect because the internet is NOT CONSISTENT at peak times. Outside of those times, its fine. Probably would not buy mobile internet again, will see how the WiFi does.

Start DateMarch 2017

burnt handSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect. Why doesnt everyone use it instead of clumsy cable

Christine of Australian Fair Southport Qld, set it up for us. It is so much better than previous cable. Very reliable, simple and easy. $65 for 200 gb and 50% discount on mobile. Works as far away as rooms downstairs and we can take the modem to Melbourne when we go there and have instant internet. Cant praise Optus and Christine enough and I am a Telstra shareholder praying for their shares to increase.

Start DateNovember 2019
Gurto

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

Absolute crap service!

This is the worst service I've ever had. I get sent promo deals that I can't even access, rude customer service that just talk over the top of you, they DO NOT LISTEN to you, your simply treating like a number, nothing given for loyalty. Not interested in helping you out of treating you like a person, I haven't got one nice word to say about any products from Optus! Can't wait to leave Optus & I WILL NEVER BUY ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

Absolute dog sh!t speeds and poor reception inside coverage map

Slow download during the day... ok upload during the day... then come 4pm onwards and it's slower then dial up was back in 1995... it just doesn't even work after about 4pm and we just use our mobile data on our phones.. do not use Optus 4G mobile broadband if you need to use the internet from the afternoon onwards

Start DateMarch 2019

ConsumerMan

ConsumerMan

Best Internet Service

At last I have a fast internet service. Tired of slow ADSL speeds so discovered Optus wireless broadband. No wires, no cables, just plug and play on the Optus 4G network. Had the service for about six months now and so far no drop outs, and download speeds of 50Mbps. May reduce to 25Mbps during peak evening times. Best part is I can take the modem all over Australia in my caravan and I have fast internet wherever there is an Optus 4G signal

JJ Hwang

JJ Hwang

Unreliable as hell and horrible cancellation process

Wifi keeps dropping off.
Spoke to the various staff more than five times within a week and got inconsistent responses every time.
Customer support agents who keep repeating what websites say makes it feel like i am talking to a recording tape or unsmart machine - Absolutely no flexibility.
Wasted time & effort to fix this was significant.
Sales agents in store seem very nice but they turn quite different when you ask for help to cancel it - i find it pretty deceptive. Simply do not bother.

Khash

KhashSydney, NSW

Terrible terrible terrible

Very slow connection. Dont get more than 10mb. When i purchased it they said if you arent happy with the speed they will cancel it for free but when i called them and asked them to cancel it they said speed below 1mb is considered slow and 10mb is acceptable speed for them! Horrible experience.
Stay away from Optus

Terrible product

Signed up for this product and was told that I would have great coverage in my area, but since day 1 of using the 4g Wi-Fi I've had terrible speeds. In our household we'd get better connections hotspotting our phones, and it didn't make sense as the coverage was also 4g. Made numerous reports or low speeds and was told to reboot the modem, replaced the sim once. Finally after about 4 months of constantly reporting the issues they have waived cancellation fees for me. If I could give this product a zero I would. 0/10 recommend, save your money.

Start DateJune 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Nity B.

Nity B.Perth, WA

Bad service

This Internet is the worst service rude customer service do not recommend at all we got changed from vivid wireless to optus without even being notified and when we went to pay our bill and cancel had an extremely rude lady that wouldn't listen at all to reason was on hold for over an hour waiting to sort the issue out.

Start DateJune 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Ridiculously hard to cancel the service.

Ridiculously hard to cancel the service. Had to contact live chat 3 times on 3 separate days (first failed due to server maintenance, second because cancellation department was apparently "closed"), each time I was transferred multiple times to different departments which would try to convince me not to cancel, or ask for details that I'd already provided. It should be illegal to make it this hard - they should have to provide a simple one-click cancel button.

Start DateDecember 2018

Jatboy

JatboySydney, NSW

Not good

So I have been an Optus wireless broadband customer for a year now and these guys are not good. Neither in their services nor in customer service. I am using it for a year now paying more than NBN 100mbps plan for my wireless broadband plan. Not at all good.

Start DateDecember 2018

Rude and incompetent Customer Service

michael.thorley.33

michael.thorley.33South East Queensland, QLD

OptusHome wireless 500gb 01/10/2019

We took out the home wireless broadband 500gb the nbn may never get out here
but we've had great speeds of 30up/30down. On adsl were getting less than 10up/down. For our needs and being remote with no land-line works great.

Melbourne guy

Melbourne guyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Liars.

Salesman told me that the billing cycle would begin when I activated the modem. But they actually started billing me 7 days earlier, when the modem was received. I then called/chatted with them 3 times to try to correct this. The first two times they promised to help (either by adjusting the billing cycle or by giving me a $15 credit). But these promises were never kept, and they did not keep any records of them internally. The third time they refused to help because they had no records of the prior conversations. They will say anything to get rid of you and then will write something else (or nothing) in their records.