Optus Yes TV by Fetch

Optus Yes TV by Fetch Questions & Answers (page 2)

Brand Manager for Optus Yes TV by Fetch? Claim your listing.
F.G

I would like to know when is optus is going to put the youtube App on the fetch tv gen 2 box.can anybody answer my Question please?

Virginia
Virginia

Why are you asking a punter like me? Go ask Optus!

John J
John J

Optus does not control what is on the Fetch TV box other than the Optus sport channels.
Fetch TV removed the YouTube app from the gen 2 box but it is working fine on the latest box

Trainers1

I lost channels on my fetch TV and had to reactivate but can't find activation code. Any help?

F.G

You will have to call optus, for a new activation code.

Trainers1

I can't find my activation code can you please help . My fetch does not work

F.G

just ring optus and ask them for a new box,with activation code.

David Bartolo
David Bartolo

The new app does not have free to air TV guide. Why not?

Whitevaliant
Whitevaliant

I am sure you are not the only person asking that question.

Recently I kept getting a message saying that we could upgrade to a gen 2 box for free which would allow was to get Netflix. I wasn't interested because I couldn't care less about Netflix. In the most amazing coincidence, My set top box stop working, so I thought no problems, I will just upgrade to the gen 2 box. I also noticed that the app had stopped working.

I think found out as you have the free-to-air program guide had vanished from the app and I can't help wondering if this whole thing is just a scam to make you get Netflix. One of the other things that makes me suspicious is that at the same time this was happening, I noticed the "rent" option had vanished from a lot of the movies in movie store. In other words he could buy them out right no problem, but renting was no longer an option. So to answer your question, I think this is all to try and push you onto Netflix with you like it or not. This is a shame because the old app was an absolute gem as far as I was concerned.

Only a few months ago I was a massive fan of fetch TV and would have recommended it to anyone, but now, not so much.

Carey Little
Carey Little

Fetch tv has killed my free to air channels! Suggestions on how to fix please - other than throwing it over the balcony of course (and yes we have re-scanned, rebooted, checked antennas, etc. and yes if we play the tv without going through fetch it's fine).

Betbet
Betbet

Our free to air channels do work through Fetch so have no suggestions. We are still finding recording of streamed shows very unreliable which is our main complaint.

Bill F
Bill F

Hi Carey. If your TV tunes in the channels fine but your Fetch Box doesn't maybe the Fetch Box is faulty? Note that your antenna must be connected to the Fetch Box first and then connected from the Fetch Box on to the TV. Plus the Fetch Box must have power even if it is not turned on, for the signal to be passed through the Fetch Box to the TV. Secondly, if programs are not streaming then your internet connection is too slow. I have Optus cable connection in the Melbourne south eastern suburbs and it is fine. Maybe if you are on ADSL you might have problems with adequate band width or speed. I don't work for Optus so I'm just guessing.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Optus Yes TV by Fetch? Claim your listing.