MPN: GENIUS8000

Love this!

Have been using this for the last 6 months. Upgraded from the stock standard Oral B vitality. I should have upgraded to this sooner! I love it! It really gives the teeth a good clean. I don't change the settings much though as the general clean option is perfect for me. My teeth and mouth feel fresh and clean afterward. Can't fault it in any way. I also like that it will tell me if I am brushing too hard. Long battery life too which is a bonus especially compared to my own Oral-B vitality toothbrush

Purchased in December 2018.

Love it!

I was in the market for an electric toothbrush as the manual one just wasn’t getting in the small parts of my mouth, I love that the head is little and can get into the back teeth as I have a small mouth so it gets hard to reach with a traditional toothbrush. Leaves my teeth feeling clean and came with 3 different brushheads!i charge it about once a month, works a treat! I do t use the mobile app, but like that it lets me know if I’m brushing too hard

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $145.00.

Discoloration problem

I'm very disappointed as this could be fantastic toothbrush. However the discoloration is unacceptable!!!! .... White is changing to yellow old looking colour in few months. Oral B doesn’t cover this under warranty (that would be pointless anyway, as it’s just poor choice of material used to manufacture the handle.) Premium price for poor product... You let me down Oral B.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Oral B Genius 8000, Y'all!

The Oral B Genius 8000 Rechargeable Toothbrush, Y'all! Forget all the others; Oral B left nothing else to the imagination! Think the regular Oral B products that you love, but on steroids! You get a brush just like what the dentist recommends. You still get the pressure detection so that you brush with just the right amount of pressure, but Oral B has brought the Genius 8000 into the future. Now they have added bluetooth capability to the brush! Connect it to your smartphone and your options explode! Download the Oral B app and your toothbrush now has facial recognition that allows for position detection. Now, instead of worrying about whether you are brushing in the right place for the right amount of time, this brush can tell you and keep you on track. Resulting in a clean that would make any dentist proud! And whereas before, the brush would tell you that you had brushed the required time with a unique vibration, this one adds visuals to the app so that you can see how much longer you have in each quadrant (think about your mouth divided into 4 quads). You simply mount your phone with the provided mirror mount, align your face in the app, and let the toothbrush and your smart phone do the rest!
The app can also help you stay on track with brushes, flossing, and toothbrush head changes. Within the app, you can keep up with your activity seeing total brush time, how often you flossed, brushed your tongue, and rinsed. To add to the fun, it offers trophies for achievements in brushing! In addition, within the app, you can also take the brushing challenge that allows you to brush on your on and after two minutes, see how well you did in getting your mouth 100% clean!
If all that overwhelms you or you aren't into technology, you can also use the brush as you would other models with the same vibration cues and visual pressure cues.
Also, as a traveler, one of the things I as most excited about was the travel case. It is a travel case and charger all in one. Just plug the travel case in and your brush is docked and charging. There is, of course, the usual home chargers, as well.
So, does this brush really work? Does it make a difference? A resounding YES! Immediately, I could feel a difference in the cleanness of my teeth. It literally felt like I had just had a dental cleaning overtime I brushed. And with all the features, I truly felt like I had been efficient in brushing my teeth and getting them as clean as possible. The rounded brush head allowed me to be able to get the brush to all surfaces, including my gums. This resulted in less bleeding gums and a superior clean.
Plus, the toothbrush is super cool looking and cutting edge with its black body and cool features. I loved this brush and won't be using a regular toothbrush anymore. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone

Love my smile now

I got an Oral-B Genius 8000 for my birthday and I love how white and clean my teeth are today. A well put together electric toothbrush that seems to have it all. Best to purchase this one on special as the normal price is a little expensive. The Genius 9000 is over the top but the 8000 is perfect for having beautiful and well maintained gums and teeth. A quality toothbrush that makes me look good all day.

Solid electric toothbrush with great clean and features - worth every $

I upgraded my 10yr old top of the line Oral B electric toothbrush to the Oral B Genius 8000 and was pleasantly surprised at how much better it cleans.

Features I use and like:
- 5 cleaning modes (I use Daily & Pro, but also has Sensitive, 3D and Gum)
- Pressure sensor - flashes red if you press too hard on teeth (I need this !!!)
- Timer that vibrates to tell you when to move to next section of teeth
- 3 brushes included - Cross Action, 3D White and Sensitive
- Travel case with room for 2 brush heads included
- Lithium Ion battery which gives longer, more consistent battery life and faster charging (most lower end models still have older NiMH battery)

Features I haven't / don't use:
- Bluetooth for connection to Smart Phone with Oral B App
- Phone Holder so you can place phone in front of you whilst cleaning
- Oral B App - allows you to customize timer, position detection so you don't miss spots, brush history
- Battery should last up to 12 days between charges (I charge every day so may not try this until I travel next)

After a few weeks of use, I have no complaints on the toothbrush or it's performance.

If the lower end models with a few less features had Lithium Ion batteries instead of NiMH, I would have considered them too, but as the models stand now, I'm very happy with the Genius 8000. The 9000 had an extra toothbrush, one more cleaning mode, travel case has a travel charger + USB charging port - for my requirements, the additional features weren't required so the 9000 wasn't worth the extra $30.

Value - worth every $:
- impressed with how well it cleans
- fresh feel it leaves in your mouth
- they last for many years
- purchased from retailer via eBay whilst discounts were advertised made it an even sweeter deal !
- it should mean less work at the dentist

Recommend - Absolutely, very highly !

Good toothbrush but overpriced

I bought this toothbrush as it is one of the most advanced on the market. It has a plethora of features but in reality, the only ones I really use are the normal cleaning mode and the sensitivity which is a softer cleaning mode. Overall, if you can afford it I would recommend this toothbrush, but otherwise saving a couple hundred dollars on a cheaper one does not compromise what it is designed to do at all.

Great product - powerful!

I bought this item for Christmas present to myself. I wasn't sure whether it is going to be good, however did find some good reviews on the item. I used it in the new year, and oh boy it was a very good investment indeed. I think this product is very good and I recommend it. I can see the difference in my oral health and the cleanliness of my teeth. The app is also very good and helpful in recording your activities.

Unable to rate when doesn't perform as advertised

Unfortunately this product is not compatible with Android 7.0 my Samsung s8. There are many bad reviews to do with this on Google play store and yet oral b blame the operating system and refuse to change their app. Very disappointed as we bought 4 of these for the family and are limited in their use.

Best Clean I have had

Excellent product. Does all it says it will do and the App is fantastic I really like the Bluetooth connectivity . Fast and long lasting charging. Multi brush heads included.